Raj Thackeray slams Asha Bhosle, slaps killer Ajmal Kasab link on her

1983-2011

theth punjabi taan mainu vi poori ni aundi.pind jyaada nhi reha:(( Asterix babe nu theth punjabi?:hysterical::hysterical:
haan bai, pind 'ch taan main vi jaadi der ni reha :--D
How many languages do you attempt to speak?
why, and your point being? :blink:

What are you on about? :confused: I never claimed that Asterix speaks chaste Punjabi. Revisit that statement.
Here, revisit it yourself:
You post in chaste Hindi and Punjabi at times too.
The 'and' operator implies both actions,implying both are true chaste (Hindi and Punjabi) Anyways, the only time I recall Asterix posting anything related to Punjabi was when he was generalizing the whole of Punjabis and cursing at them. In the end his posts got deleted for using derogatory language. :hatsoff:

Here, revisit it yourself: The 'and' operator implies both actions,implying both are true chaste (Hindi and Punjabi) Anyways, the only time I recall Asterix posting anything related to Punjabi was when he was generalizing the whole of Punjabis and cursing at them. In the end his posts got deleted for using derogatory language. :hatsoff:
She is right with her grammar. If she wanted to say Chaste Punjabi as well, she would have used a correlative conjunction like "both". Asterix speaks both chaste Hindi and Punjabi. Anyways, English is an unscientific language and has too many exceptions to is grammar.

Bhai' date=' [b']actually never been to Bihar other than passing by on train and buying some of the best Lychees..
Arre Bihar pass kiya na, bas now you are officially a badass 20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg And some of the best lichees ka kya matlab? THE BEST!! Aur kahan hota hai bhai. Man those Muzaffarpur lichees were awesome! Our hostel was at the bank of Ganga. Nadi ke us paar Muzaffarpur. The farmers would bring boat loads of lichees to sell in Patna market and we would buy them, kuch 2 rupaye kilo. And Maldah aam. Awesome. Although I have never quite understood why Bihari aam is named after a Bengali town (Maldah)?
UP, yes travelled a lot with college friends and stayed in various places.. :icflove:
Haan wo UP is trailer. Poori picture dekhne Bihar aana hoga 20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg

She is right with her grammar. If she wanted to say Chaste Punjabi as well, she would have used a correlative conjunction like "both". Asterix speaks both chaste Hindi and Punjab. Anyways, English is an unscientific language and has too many exceptions to is grammar.
No you're wrong!! Grammar is correct, however, your logic of what it means is incorrect. Lol, so I can say, if she didn't want to include and imply chaste punjabi, then she could have reworded to something like ' posts in chaste Hindi, as well as a little bit of Punjabi. There is no such distinction made and therefore 'logical AND' operator implies both actions. For example, lemme ask you what this means to you: He speaks good english and French. Do you think in this case 'he' doesn't speak good French? This implies he speaks good English AND good French. You ever heard of logical 'and' operator? anyway, the 'And' operator implies both lol, getting too technical me thinks for my liking. #okthnkxbye P.S Lawyer Liar :fail:

No you're wrong!! Grammar is correct, however, your logic of what it means is incorrect. Lol, so I can say, if she didn't want to include and imply chaste punjabi, then she could have reworded to something like ' posts in chaste Hindi, as well as a little bit of Punjabi. There is no such distinction made and therefore 'logical AND' operator implies both actions. For example, lemme ask you what this means to you: He speaks good english and French. Do you think in this case 'he' doesn't speak good French? This implies he speaks good English AND good French. You ever heard of logical 'and' operator? anyway, the 'And' operator implies both lol, getting too technical me thinks for my liking. #okthnkxbye P.S Lawyer Liar :fail:
Grammatically, what she said was correct.You have no point to argue on apart from your "logical" assumptions. Besides, I think Mariyam is an English graduate so it wouldn't be too far fatched to assume that she has better knowledge of the English language and its rules than you have.

Grammatically, what she said was correct.You have no point to argue on apart from your "logical" assumptions.
:WTF: Do you know that there is a difference in being grammatically correct and what the sentence means and implies? lol, those are not logical assumptions but there is a entire field of study i.e logic theory. Pretty hard to reason with someone who doesn't know that much :dontknow: As I asked previously, lemme ask you what this means to you: (Note it's grammatically correct like you say :P) He speaks good English AND French.

Besides, I think Mariyam is an English graduate so it wouldn't be too far fatched to assume that she has better knowledge of the English language and its rules than you have.
Besides, why are you getting so defensive and insecure about Mariyam? :hysterical::hysterical:

:WTF: Do you know that there is a difference in being grammatically correct and what the sentence means and implies? lol, those are not logical assumptions but there is a entire field of study i.e logic theory. Pretty hard to reason with someone who doesn't know that much :dontknow: As I asked previously, lemme ask you what this means to you: (Note it's grammatically correct like you say :P) He speaks good English AND French.
Wow wow.. Logic Theory! Pretty heavy words.. I knew you'd bring in an unrelated subject into this just to prove to everybody reading this that you aren't stupid. Open another thread to discuss your Logic Theory..
Besides, why are you getting so defensive and insecure about Mariyam? :hysterical::hysterical:
Aukaad dikha di na?

Dude you keep on talking gibberish and yet do not reply to a single question. Answer this please Let me rephrase my earlier question to you and take this one step at at time, what do you think these statements mean? 1. He speaks English AND French here, it is understood that he speaks English and he speaks French. See you don't need to add 'both' here like you were mentioning before. Let me know what you think that statement means. 2. He speaks good English AND French again, like the previous statement, it is implied that he speaks good english and he speaks good French. Do you disagree? Answer those questions please.

Aukaad dikha di na?
:dontknow: serious question bro, see you're the one posting Mariyam's academic credentials and all.. lol..why don't you let Mariyam reply. aukaat to tum dikha rahe ho, hum to bass wahee bataa rahein hain jo tum is thread mein kar rahe ho...tumkko tumhi ka aayena dikha rahe the...sach hi bol raha tha. Try reading your posts again and see...If you're making a fool of yourself,what can I do :laugh: waisey, you're the same person that started posting pictures of slums of Delhi when someone recommended Slumdog Millionaire in a thread about movies on Bombay :hysterical::hysterical:

aukaat to tum dikha rahe ho, hum to sirf sach bol rahein hain. waisey, you're the same person that started posting pictures of slums of Delhi when someone recommended Slumdog Millionaire in a thread about movies on Bombay
Speaking of which, why are there so many slums in Delhi :secret:

As I asked previously' date=' lemme ask you what this means to you: (Note it's [b']grammatically correct like you say :P) He speaks good English AND French.
Your example (like your initial assumption) is grammatically incorrect. No one speaks 'good' English. That's incorrect usage. Its not English which is 'good' or 'bad', but the proficiency of the speaker that you are trying to qualify using the adjective 'good'. The right way to frame that statement would be " He speaks both English and French fluently/well. And as Yoda-esque pointed out to you earlier, 'both' would have to be used if I wanted to imply chaste Hindi and chaste Punjabi. 'And' was used as a conjunction in this case. At the restaurant, he called for spicy biriyani and gulab jamun. ( the adjective spicy doesn't qualify gulab jamun here).

Your example (like your initial assumption) is grammatically incorrect. No one speaks 'good' English. That's incorrect usage. Its not English which is 'good' or 'bad', but the proficiency of the speaker that you are trying to qualify using the adjective 'good'. The right way to frame that statement would be " He speaks both English and French fluently/well. And as Yoda-esque pointed out to you earlier, 'both' would have to be used if I wanted to imply chaste Hindi and chaste Punjabi. 'And' was used as a conjunction in this case. At the restaurant, he called for spicy biriyani and gulab jamun. ( the adjective spicy doesn't qualify gulab jamun here).
And to remove context-bias, "spicy biryani and chicken tikka" still doesn't mean spicy chicken tikka was ordered.

While I admit that the 'good' adjective may not have been proper in the example, however, you can substitute another adjective in its place, and it wouldn't change the 'structural' issue of the sentence. What we have in this case is that syntactic ambiguity arises when there is a adjective-noun-conjunction-noun construct like the ones we have been discussing. While the meaning could be clear in some instances depending on the context, however, if the context is not clear then the meaning is also open to many interpretations. i.e I will meet you in future meetings and seminars. She designs independent websites and blogs. He's gone to attend official duties and business. The king gave money to the old man and woman. I would like medium-sized fries and coke. I would like hot coffe and tea. Those are short men and women. Take for example, the first case, does it only imply 'I will meet you in future meetings' and not 'future seminars'? Does the adjective modify only the first noun in these examples? There is certainly ambiguity over the intended meanings in such contructs. Anyways, my initial comment was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek type comment. This has obviously gone way off topic and not the direction I had intended. I still think you can't differentiate if the language spoken is Punjabi :laugh: Cheers