Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

I like this idea but I am certain its not going to happen.......at least for the next 3-4 series'.
thats fine with me one year wont really hurt in long term pujara might get chance to build team from scratch this way under new coach and new management with no power struggles let dhoni lose few more matches :cantstop:
thats fine with me one year wont really hurt in long term pujara might get chance to build team from scratch this way under new coach and new management with no power struggles let dhoni lose few more matches :cantstop:
Now that we have a completely young team (except Zak), I think the time has come to change the Captain as well. The worst that could happen is we could lose a few series' - doesn't really matter because we haven't been winning anything under Dhoni as well (except India's win over Aus I don't remember any big test wins in the last 2 years). Also, Dhoni is now a liability in the test team - his Captaincy is usually defensive, keeping is sometimes good and sometimes average, batting.........the less said the better. Also, Kohli shouldn't even come close to being the Test Captain. In fact I would like to remove him as Vice-Capt as well.
Now that we have a completely young team (except Zak), I think the time has come to change the Captain as well. The worst that could happen is we could lose a few series' - doesn't really matter because we haven't been winning anything under Dhoni as well (except India's win over Aus I don't remember any big test wins in the last 2 years). Also, Dhoni is now a liability in the test team - his Captaincy is usually defensive, keeping is sometimes good and sometimes average, batting.........the less said the better. Also, Kohli shouldn't even come close to being the Test Captain. In fact I would like to remove him as Vice-Capt as well.
kohli should stay vice captain i would have actually made ashwin vice captain if he was half decent away from home.. for some reason he looks like a smart guy :vroam: and yeah ideally now is perfect time with pujara having some experience and rest of side looking set with just 2 positions to fill (ishant and zack ) about keeping saha deserves a run he played gritty knock against south africa a (coincidentally rahane almost scored a 100 there too but we still lost :hysterical: )
at least he didn't lose 4-0 to Eng' date=' 4-0 to AUs, 3-1 to Eng at home and then finally to SA......and at the same time have an average of around 30 in so many tests where the team lost.[/quote'] He had a faster, fitter and better Zaheer, a better Harbhajan and of course India's greatest bowler Kumble. You need to have bowlers capable of picking up 20 wickets. And he also has better versions of Sachin, Dravid and Laxman. And btw we lost 2-1 to Eng at home which for some reason you always make it 3-1.
Yaar you don't even watch the matches how can you call his captaincy defensive in this series? He attacked as much as he could at Jo'burg in the 4th innings. He attacked at Durban too even when Saffers were going for quick runs.
Yaar you don't even watch the matches how can you call his captaincy defensive in this series? He attacked as much as he could at Jo'burg in the 4th innings. He attacked at Durban too even when Saffers were going for quick runs.
your profile pic has M$D & Goddy and above that you've said "thanks for the memories" - I hope that applies to M$D soon :icflove:

poor team combination for the two tests IMO was the cause for the loss. Dhoni not looking his assured self when captaining or batting outside the sub-continent. If it were me, I would have picked Rohit for the test captaincy like Smith was for SA at an young age, but he failed in this series. I am no fan of his, but I think he will be the best choice at this moment for us to go to the next level.

He had a faster, fitter and better Zaheer, a better Harbhajan and of course India's greatest bowler Kumble. You need to have bowlers capable of picking up 20 wickets. And he also has better versions of Sachin, Dravid and Laxman. And btw we lost 2-1 to Eng at home which for some reason you always make it 3-1.
If you didn't know ganguly always backed pace. Zaheer, Nehra and harbhajan were his finds in bowling and he backed them. Dhoni doesnt back bowlers or in some cases like Ishant and Ashwin backs too much. He need to spot talent and back them.
If you didn't know ganguly always backed pace. Zaheer' date= Nehra and harbhajan were his finds in bowling and he backed them. Dhoni doesnt back bowlers or in some cases like Ishant and Ashwin backs too much. He need to spot talent and back them.
How were they 'his' finds? If you go by that logic then Bhuvi, Shami, Jadeja etc are Dhoni's finds.
How were they 'his' finds? If you go by that logic then Bhuvi' date=' Shami, Jadeja etc are Dhoni's finds.[/quote'] With Ganguly, it was very visible that he is involved with cricket off the cricket pitch and beyond the days when match is going on. Dhoni's is hardly found to be anyway associated with cricket when match (an international) is not going on. It is too the extent that a senior player like VVS Laxman wasn't able to reach him when needed.