Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

So, Dhoni is now deciding how long he will stay as a captain !! He is Pitamoho Bhishma !! Such utter lack of accountability.
This is what really gets my goat. First skipper in Indian history he is untoucnable no matter what he does and how we do. This no doubt leads to the disgusted polluted selctions as results dont matter so can do what he wants wether its pick rhiti players, pick csk players and pick players like ishant who pleasure him This is unprecedented in Indian cricket.
80-90 games? What is he smoking? We have such a brainless mule as captain for our team?
Look at the power and arrogance. Telling all will carry on as if helping us. Telling all why n oone else can be captain as need 90 games before world cup!!!! Tells us what the remits are for a new cpatain and how according to him he thus is only one who can do it. Also confuses issues as why can he not be test skipper, no logic All self serving rubbish The power he has is astonishing. Any other skipper would be nervous of being sacked yet he confidently spouts this. Then we wonder why he has no fear in picking his mate Ishant

Dhobi is truly a Darth Vader, who is slowly beginning to reveal his true colours. In the beginning, as a small town boy from a highly under-represented state, he was like Anakin. Now, power has corrputed him turning him into the personification of Darth Vader. :winky: In case people failed to notice it, the above statement was made partly in jest.

Dhobi is truly a Darth Vader, who is slowly beginning to reveal his true colours. In the beginning, as a small town boy from a highly under-represented state, he was like Anakin. Now, power has corrputed him turning him into the personification of Darth Vader. :winky: In case people failed to notice it, the above statement was made partly in jest.
Wow I didn't think of that lol. But there is a lot of merit in what you say. Ever since India memorable triumph at the 2011 World Cup and N Srinivasan's rise to being a dictator, he has turned into this corrupt individual. Before that he was a really lovable guy. There is something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. I feel his captaincy era will have an ugly ending. He may still be a good guy on the inside, but I feel power is corrupting him.
Wow I didn't think of that lol. But there is a lot of merit in what you say. Ever since India memorable triumph at the 2011 World Cup and N Srinivasan's rise to being a dictator' date=' he has turned into this corrupt individual. Before that he was a really lovable guy.[/quote'] The fact is that nearly everyone who gains power will be affected by it. Some have enough integrity to minimize the effects, such as a Dravid (in Indian cricket) for instance. And there are others who succumbed entirely to these effects, such as Azhar. With Dhoni, it is more subtle since there are no blatant instances of match-fixing, etc or picking people from his own state. But, there is a group of players close to Dhoni who seem immune to selection issues - Ishant, Jaddu (who to his credit has done well), Rohit, etc. In addition, any international captain ought to show a greater degree of responsibility and accountability when the overseas record in the last 10 tests is 0-9, that could have easily been 0-10 too.
Wow I didn't think of that lol. But there is a lot of merit in what you say. Ever since India memorable triumph at the 2011 World Cup and N Srinivasan's rise to being a dictator' date=' he has turned into this corrupt individual. Before that he was a really lovable guy. There is something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. I[b'] feel his captaincy era will have an ugly ending. He may still be a good guy on the inside, but I feel power is corrupting him.
It is quite likely the ending will be acrimonious. If one looks at the upcoming tours, Oz are almost certain to beat us, and England will probably be licking their wounds and enhance the home advantage. Besides, with Zak and Ishant in the team, the likes of Cook, Bell and KP will feast on them with support from Carberry, Stokes, etc. Thus, Dhobi is facing quite a few more defeats. At some point therefore, it is quite logical to suppose that things can get nasty.

He has done superbly in ODI format with an average bowling attack. You must be a retard to not see his achievements in ODIs - winning World Cup, Champions Trophy, No.1 in rankings and being consistent at home. He has handled the pressure of Indian captaincy well,unlike previous captains. This test team will always struggle to pick 20 wickets against Eng/Aus/SA in their home conditions unless we have 3-4 world class seamers. You cant blame him too much for that. He should be the first choice captain for ODIs. He could give up test captaincy after someone else has enough experience to take up the mantle.

It is quite likely the ending will be acrimonious. If one looks at the upcoming tours' date=' Oz are almost certain to beat us, and England will probably be licking their wounds and enhance the home advantage. Besides, with Zak and Ishant in the team, the likes of Cook, Bell and KP will feast on them with support from Carberry, Stokes, etc. Thus, Dhobi is facing quite a few more defeats. At some point therefore, it is quite logical to suppose that things can get nasty.[/quote'] That Indian tour of aus will be a father-daughter battle here lol. I'm a diehard Aussie fan and my dad likes India. Hence why I have a soft spot for them. But I can say that if dhoni, fletch, Srinivasan, I shan't and zaheer remain, it will be at least 0-16, which would be destructive.
He has done superbly in ODI format with an average bowling attack. You must be a retard to not see his achievements in ODIs - winning World Cup, Champions Trophy, No.1 in rankings and being consistent at home. He has handled the pressure of Indian captaincy well,unlike previous captains. This test team will always struggle to pick 20 wickets against Eng/Aus/SA in their home conditions unless we have 3-4 world class seamers. You cant blame him too much for that. He should be the first choice captain for ODIs. He could give up test captaincy after someone else has enough experience to take up the mantle.
The thread states that Dhoni should be sacked in all 3 formats. I'd advocate that he steps down immediately from T20, which is only hit-and-giggle cricket anyways. He should definitely play until the 2015 WC in ODIs, because he is a competent captain and a wonderful player. In Tests, the bowling attack may struggle to pick 20 wickets, but picking the best possible team is the captain's job. I refuse to believe that Zak and Ishant are 2 out of the 3 best bowlers in the country.
That Indian tour of aus will be a father-daughter battle here lol. I'm a diehard Aussie fan and my dad likes India. Hence why I have a soft spot for them. But I can say that if dhoni' date=' fletch, Srinivasan, I shan't and zaheer remain, it will be at least 0-16, which would be destructive.[/quote'] Hmm. I'm not sure that they'll lose both tests in NZ though, although a whitewash in Australia remains a real possibility. Still, I hope that at least the batsmen will do well, and that Dhoni is shown the door sometime soon.
Hmm. I'm not sure that they'll lose both tests in NZ though' date=' although a whitewash in Australia remains a real possibility. Still, I hope that at least the batsmen will do well, and that Dhoni is shown the door sometime soon.[/quote'] I think NZ will win 1-0. They have a really unsung bowling attack consisting of Southee, Boult, and Wagner. They're in a much better shape than they were in 08-09. I say if India loses 0-2 or the poms annihilate India again, he has to hit the road.