Operation Blue Star general stabbed in London

1983-2011

^ I think people are hurt because nothing was done so far to prosecute the prime sustects of 1984 genocide of Sikhs..
That is BULL ****ING SHYTE. So you are telling me, because Tytler was not arrested, fools in Kaneda have Bhindrawale's pictures in the gurudwaras ? Does it make any sense ? Lets say tomorrow Tytler and his ilk are hanged. What next ? The pictures from gurudwaras go down ? This bullcrap follows the same sense of logic of Mullah terrorists in India. Initially, the claim was that every bomb blast done by the mujahideen etc. in any part of India is because of "kashmir'. Now we know better. They don't need a reason. Mumbai 2008 had nothing to do with Kashmir.

Any facts to back that up? Im not saying your lying but I don't think anti hindu sikh violence comes anywhere close to the thousands sikhs killed during the Anti sikh riots.
On July 14, 1992, four militants riding motorscooters opened fire at a busy shopping district in Bhatinda town in Punjab, killing seven civilians and injuring five more seriously. The incident took place outside a Hindu temple, and may have been in retaliation for a security operation aimed at flushing out militants in the area.(105) In April 1990, thirty-five people were killed when a bomb exploded during a Hindu religious procession; Sikh separatists were suspected. The bombing set off dozens of Hindu-Sikh clashes throughout the state, resulting in another sixteen deaths.(106) In October 1987, gunmen on a motorscooter killed at least eight people in the Indian capital, spraying submachine gun bullets in a residential neighborhood and at fairs heralding the Hindu New Year. The gunmen then abandoned their scooter and boarded a public bus which was halted at a police roadblock about six miles from the shootings. The gunmen opened fire, wounding a sub-inspector and a passenger.(107) In May 1986, Sikh extremists reportedly opened fire with automatic weapons on Hindus praying outside a small-town shrine in Punjab state, killing two and wounding seven. The shooting occurred as the Hindus were reading from the Hindu epic Ramayana in what was to have been a night-long prayer vigil. It was the second major attack in a month in Jandiala Gur, a town fifteen miles east of Amritsar.(108) Hindu farm laborers were frequent targets.(109) Some observers have speculated that militants were seeking to destroy the state's economy by driving away farm labor. Others believed that the militants wanted only Sikhs to work in the state. The following incidents were typical: In May 1988, six Sikhs armed with automatic rifles opened fire on sleeping workers in the village of Gujarpura, about eighteen miles northwest of Amritsar. Nine workers were killed, and three wounded. Two days earlier, at a labor camp in Amritsar, Sikh militants ordered Hindu migrants to line up against a wall and then shot five to death. Two days before that, thirty workers were slain as they slept at a Hindu migrant workers camp near Chandigarh. The attacks prompted an exodus of hundreds of Hindu laborers who traditionally migrate from the northern states of Bihar and Orissa to work on farms in Punjab.(110) Some attacks on Hindu civilians were thought to be aimed at instigating violence between Hindus and Sikhs to help revive waning support among Sikh moderates for the militant cause. In June 1988, for example, more than sixty people, mainly Hindu civilians, were killed and at least one hundred injured in bombings that took place over three days. The attacks were carried out in shopping centers, cinemas, markets, and temples. The bombings came in the wake of the Sikh surrender to Indian security forces during the May 1988 siege of the Golden Temple shrine. Many Sikhs were angered, claiming that the militants should have fought to the death or not have begun the fight at all. In addition, a number of Sikhs had recently turned against militants who had waged a campaign of extortion and blackmail of rich Sikh farmers, reportedly conducted by leaders inside the temple. Commentators speculated that the attacks on Hindu civilians were probably part of an attempt to provoke a Hindu backlash against Sikhs, which in turn could help recoup support for the separatist platform.(111) One of the results of sustained violence and threats of violence by militants against the Hindu population--and arguably an intentional result--was the creation of a large internally displaced Hindu population.(112) Bus and Train Attacks Sikh militants frequently attacked civilian passengers on public buses and trains in Punjab and neighboring states. While the majority of these attacks did not seem to target particular individuals, many of them were apparently directed against Hindus; frequently, Hindu passengers were singled out for execution, and in some cases, militants stopped vehicles likely to being carrying Hindus--buses traveling to Hindu religious sites, for example. The basic pattern of assaults on buses and trains was that militants forced a vehicle to a halt, removed Hindu passengers, and shot them to death, usually with automatic rifles. On occasion, the militants firebombed the vehicle, apparently intending to kill all on board. The Arms Project identified dozens of reports of attacks on buses and trains carried out by militants. The following accounts are representative examples: In December 1992, a state-run bus traveling to Chandigarh was ambushed by six militants, believed to be members of the Khalistan Liberation Front, who ordered Hindu passengers to stand apart from the Sikhs. The gunmen reportedly then raked the Hindus with hundreds of rounds of AK47 rifle fire, killing sixteen and wounding nine. Five weeks earlier, twenty-five Hindu migrant laborers were killed in a similar bus attack.(113) On November 4, 1992, militants placed road blocks and stopped vehicles on the Gurdaspur-Tibri road near Amritsar. Seventeen persons identified as Hindu were shot. According to a report published in the Punjab English daily, Tribune, the police claimed to have recovered a note on Bhindranwale Tiger Force (btf) letterhead stating that the killings were in retaliation for the killing of a btf leader.(114) In an October 1992 attack marking the fourth anniversary of the assassination of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, Sikh gunmen bombed an intercity bus near the border between Punjab and Kashmir, killing eighteen civilians and seriously injuring twenty-eight. The attack, along with two separate attacks against Hindu laborers, triggered anti-Sikh rioting.(115) At about 9:30 P.M. on June 15, 1991, gunmen opened fire inside two passenger trains stopped outside Ludhiana, killing at least 75 passengers. The attacks reportedly were coordinated, as both trains were stopped about a mile from the station by having their emergency cords pulled. Survivors stated that on one of the trains, Hindu passengers were identified before being shot. On the second train, the firing was indiscriminate, and many Sikhs as well as Hindus were killed. Although no group claimed responsibility for the attacks, they were believed to have been carried out by groups opposed to the elections scheduled for June 22.(116) On July 7, 1987, Sikh separatists attacked two buses in northern Haryana state, killing thirty-four. Most of the victims were Hindu. The militants used a car and a jeep to create a roadblock. On one bus, they singled out particular passengers, dragged them off, and shot them to death. Militants then boarded the second bus and opened fire, killing all the passengers. Chinese-made AK47s were used in both attacks. The incidents occurred the day after militants opened fire on a bus in Punjab, killing forty passengers, and wounding twenty-seven. The victims were all Hindus bound for a pilgrimage center in Uttar Pradesh.(117) In June 1987, militants hauled seventy-two Hindus off two rural buses and shot them dead.(118)
About 4000 Sikhs died including militants cuz of 1984...but way more Hindus died..Above links are just some of the links I got of Human Rights website...Just above links show around death of 1000 hindus... There are others links which I didn't bother posting...but let me tell you, way more Hindus died during 1980s before and after 1984 .. sad part is that no one yes NOONE talks about them... its like Hindu lives are taken for granted in India!!! being from the border of Haryana/Punjab, my town was filled with hundreds of Hindu families who moved from interior Punjab..... yet I don't Hindus hanging pictures of Tytler or Sajjan Kumar around our houses and temples.. also another thing, since i was born in 80s, I grew up around Sikhs all throughout my childhood in India, however I never heard a single word of 1984 or Khalistan from any of sikh mates... first time I went to gurudwara here in Canada with my dad, I saw pics of Bhindarwala and other terrorists with pistols and greneds around the langar area... that pissed us off.. and that was the last time i went to gurudwara here in Canada.. and probably will.. some sikh kids think its cool to talk about 1984 here in Canada ... tbh Sikhism is probably the most respected religion in India.. people assosciate them with Indian military, bravery, bhagra, coolness yet that hate among these nri sikh kids is just so effing annoying

some sikh kids think its cool to talk about 1984 here in Canada ... tbh Sikhism is probably the most respected religion in India.. people assosciate them with Indian military, bravery, bhagra, coolness yet that hate among these nri sikh kids is just so effing annoying
:agree:

No I don't think anywhere near the number of Hindus were killed compared to Sikhs. Probably 10,000 Sikhs alone killed in Delhi and other major cities, there was a mass grave of Sikhs found in Haryana last year. There's probably many more like that. God knows how many were killed by KPS Gill & co, tens of thousands easily, most of them innocent youth in fake encounters that rewarded policemen with money and promotions. Anyway if a terrorist like Rajiv Gandhi is awarded the Bharat Ratna (the highest individual honour in India) then it shouldn't bother you if a Sikh terrorist is given a title. There are many things all over india named after Rajiv Gandhi, who in my eyes was a complete terrorist. I don't like the fact that delhi's airport is named after Indira Gandhi but I don't cry about it. Rajiv Gandhi knew about the riots and could easily have stopped them but he just fanned the flames. The fact is that the militants in Punjab were killed or arrested, but Tytler, Sajjan Kumar and Rajiv Gandhi (until he was blown up by the tamil tigers) got away and went on to hold high government positions. The militants got their punishment, this put off other would be militants. But the 3 politicians got away scot free, which means that it can happen again without fear of punishment. You could say what happened in Gujarat demonstrates this. Not even bloody 1 rioter in Delhi has been punished! Sajjan Kumar and Tytler are still politicians for godsake. That's like having Bhindranwale chief minister of Punjab today! Punjab has been peaceful for a long time now and I hope it continues. The Sikhs and Hindus there get along fine. They are pretty much the same people only the religion is different and even then they are both dharmic religions. I respect Hindus because my ancestors were Hindu and in dharmic religions we respect everyone's religion because we are open minded and think there are many paths to god. When people think of Punjab they just think that it is a Sikh state, that's what the media will emphasise. But around 40% of it is Hindu, the Vedas and Mahabarat were composed in Punjab, the majority of actors in Bollywood are Punjabi Hindus. Personally I'm not interested in any Khalistan movement and the vast majority of Sikhs aren't, we'd just like to see someone getting punished for what happened in Delhi. When people shout Khalistan it is mostly done as a rallying call against injustices. I would rather my fellow Sikhs in the west focus on more important issues like the level of drug usage and female foeticide in Punjab.

No I don't think anywhere near the number of Hindus were killed compared to Sikhs. Probably 10,000 Sikhs alone killed in Delhi and other major cities, there was a mass grave of Sikhs found in Haryana last year. There's probably many more like that. God knows how many were killed by KPS Gill & co, tens of thousands easily, most of them innocent youth in fake encounters that rewarded policemen with money and promotions. Anyway if a terrorist like Rajiv Gandhi is awarded the Bharat Ratna (the highest individual honour in India) then it shouldn't bother you if a Sikh terrorist is given a title. There are many things all over india named after Rajiv Gandhi, who in my eyes was a complete terrorist. I don't like the fact that delhi's airport is named after Indira Gandhi but I don't cry about it. Rajiv Gandhi knew about the riots and could easily have stopped them but he just fanned the flames. The fact is that the militants in Punjab were killed or arrested, but Tytler, Sajjan Kumar and Rajiv Gandhi (until he was blown up by the tamil tigers) got away and went on to hold high government positions. The militants got their punishment, this put off other would be militants. But the 3 politicians got away scot free, which means that it can happen again without fear of punishment. You could say what happened in Gujarat demonstrates this. Not even bloody 1 rioter in Delhi has been punished! Sajjan Kumar and Tytler are still politicians for godsake. That's like having Bhindranwale chief minister of Punjab today! Punjab has been peaceful for a long time now and I hope it continues. The Sikhs and Hindus there get along fine. They are pretty much the same people only the religion is different and even then they are both dharmic religions. I respect Hindus because my ancestors were Hindu and in dharmic religions we respect everyone's religion because we are open minded and think there are many paths to god. When people think of Punjab they just think that it is a Sikh state, that's what the media will emphasise. But around 40% of it is Hindu, the Vedas and Mahabarat were composed in Punjab, the majority of actors in Bollywood are Punjabi Hindus. Personally I'm not interested in any Khalistan movement and the vast majority of Sikhs aren't, we'd just like to see someone getting punished for what happened in Delhi. When people shout Khalistan it is mostly done as a rallying call against injustices. I would rather my fellow Sikhs in the west focus on more important issues like the level of drug usage and female foeticide in Punjab.
The parts in bold are absolutely despicable thoughts. The rest of your post is a matter of perspective. Picture this- When a majority of Indians support the Indian govts crackdown and condemn the violence on Lt.Gen Brar, there must be something right about it, right?

The parts in bold are absolutely despicable thoughts. The rest of your post is a matter of perspective. Picture this- When a majority of Indians support the Indian govts crackdown and condemn the violence on Lt.Gen Brar' date=' there must be something right about it, right?[/quote'] Why the name of Rajiv Gandhi is despicable thought? Rajiv Gandhi was as much guilty of 1984 riots as Narendra modi in 2002 yet most of India accepted Modi as killer while Rajiv as hero

++ (mostly bold part only)

Why the name of Rajiv Gandhi is despicable thought? Rajiv Gandhi was as much guilty of 1984 riots as Narendra modi in 2002 yet most of India accepted Modi as killer while Rajiv as hero
Right,Rajiv gandhi was one corrupt ,souless moron .

The parts in bold are absolutely despicable thoughts. The rest of your post is a matter of perspective. Picture this- When a majority of Indians support the Indian govts crackdown and condemn the violence on Lt.Gen Brar' date=' there must be something right about it, right?[/quote'] Oh, you think it's ok that the prime minister of India let the riots continue for THREE whole days! He was the most powerful man in the country and did nothing to stop the riots. When asked about the riots he said his famous quote, 'When a big tree falls, the earth around shakes', to justify why it was happening. This in my view makes him a terrorist. In any self respecting country he would have been forced to resign. I think the majority of Americans supported the invasion of Iraq back in 2003, does that mean it was right? The majority of Hindus may have thought it was right to invade the Golden temple like that but I can assure you that the majority of Sikhs did not.

Ranvir you are acting with a victim mentality card often played by our Pakistan bros for all their misdeeds.. what caused 1984... the leader and supporters of Bhindarwala used to order mass execution of Hindus... more than 1000 Hindus died before 1984 mericilessly .. these terrorists would stop a bus, seperate Hindus from Sikhs and shoot Hindus in their head... sad part is unlike Sikhs, we Hindus take violence for granted.. we never shout or do sloganbaazi...all those Hindus families I know who relatives were murdered before 1984 never talkabout 1984 nor do they seek for justice 24/7 wonder why we Hindus r such softies..

That is BULL ****ING SHYTE. So you are telling me, because Tytler was not arrested, fools in Kaneda have Bhindrawale's pictures in the gurudwaras ? Does it make any sense ? Lets say tomorrow Tytler and his ilk are hanged. What next ? The pictures from gurudwaras go down ? This bullcrap follows the same sense of logic of Mullah terrorists in India. Initially, the claim was that every bomb blast done by the mujahideen etc. in any part of India is because of "kashmir'. Now we know better. They don't need a reason. Mumbai 2008 had nothing to do with Kashmir.
Your post will and has gone largely ignored. One can not stop but thinking about it and how largely it is true. Two wrongs for a right has never worked in history and will never will. Some people will want to make two wrongs to "feel good" about themselves.

Ranvir you are acting with a victim mentality card often played by our Pakistan bros for all their misdeeds.. what caused 1984... the leader and supporters of Bhindarwala used to order mass execution of Hindus... more than 1000 Hindus died before 1984 mericilessly .. these terrorists would stop a bus, seperate Hindus from Sikhs and shoot Hindus in their head... sad part is unlike Sikhs, we Hindus take violence for granted.. we never shout or do sloganbaazi...all those Hindus families I know who relatives were murdered before 1984 never talkabout 1984 nor do they seek for justice 24/7 wonder why we Hindus r such softies..
But Bhindranwale and his fellows were killed at last who were largely responsible for murders of Hindus. Whereas, murderers of Sikhs in Delhi are roaming around freely. They have every right to shout for justice imo.

great post Ranvir, IMO Bhindranwale,Rajiv Gandhi and Narendra Modi all belong to the same categeory of mass murderer's,so as a sikh it irritates me to see pics of Bhindranwale in gurudwaras. However,it is rather rich of folks who have given the highest posts and honours of the country to the likes of R. Gandhi and Modi to quibble about a few pics of Bhindranwale in gurudwaras.

Guess what Rahul, the terrorists are dead or in jail. The government terrorists are still in political office and the rioters are roaming free in Delhi. Hardly fair is it? I mean how hard would it be to convict one person?

Remove references to religion in this discussion and read your own messages, you will realize how ridiculous they sound. A group of people (lets call it Group X) were killed by group Y. group X then retaliated and killed group Y, unfortunately group X had the power of politicians behind it and group X crushed group Y. almost all the killers of group Y were punished/killed where as most of group X escaped because they had political backing. Now supporters of group Y say, yeah right I will support anyone who kills people from group X, because they escaped punishment, even though it is illlegal etc etc. Do you realize the absurdity in all the arguments. Forget Sikhs, Muslims, hindus etc, is it a blot on the Indian country that the perperators of 1984 riots are not punished? Yes. Is it a blot on the Indian country that the perperators of the 92/93 riots are not punished? Yes Is it a blot on the Indian country that the perperators of the Godhra killings are not punished? Yes Does it give any justification to any of the aggreived parties to take things in their hand and give out vigilante justice? OFcourse ****ing not. These kinds of systemic failures happen on a regular basis because our politicial and judicial system is so corrupt and/or in collusion with each other, fix the system however you can, not crying for vigilante justice or glorifying individual killers.

Does it give any justification to any of the aggreived parties to take things in their hand and give out vigilante justice? OFcourse ****ing not.
This isn't even about vigilante justice. Vigilante justice would imply punishing the perpetrators of a crime through extra judicial means. What we regularly see is punishment of innocent people who happen to share a religion or community with the perpetrators of a crime.

great post Ranvir, IMO Bhindranwale,Rajiv Gandhi and Narendra Modi all belong to the same categeory of mass murderer's,so as a sikh it irritates me to see pics of Bhindranwale in gurudwaras. However,it is rather rich of folks who have given the highest posts and honours of the country to the likes of R. Gandhi and Modi to quibble about a few pics of Bhindranwale in gurudwaras.
1. Not all people support these politicians 2. Not everybody who votes for them knows about what they did 3. Some people vote in spite of knowing just for their other policies or maybe these people dont care. 4. All political parties have these kind of morons so its hard to choose one

1. Not all people support these politicians 2. Not everybody who votes for them knows about what they did 3. Some people vote in spite of knowing just for their other policies or maybe these people dont care. 4. All political parties have these kind of morons so its hard to choose one
When the prime minister of the country supported the riots, then there is little that can be done. These morons are mass murderers, there are not many people like that, not so many that it's hard to prosecute them. Look at Europe the Serbian leaders got their punishment for their attrocities against the Croatians and Bosnians. If the people who elect these guys in don't care about what they did then they shouldn't care about some photos of Bhindranwale. Let me tell you, a lot of people voted for Rajiv Gandhi.

The loneliness of Sub-Inspector Jugti Ram http://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/58181/

In my 20-year struggle to get the guilty of the November 1984 carnage punished, there have been many moments when my morality as a human being clashed with the lawyer within me. One such incident happened 19 years ago. On November 1, 1984, 40-50 young women from Tirlokpuri were kidnapped and taken to Chilla village. A group of Sikhs pleaded with the Sub-Inspector on duty, Jugti Ram, to save the girls. As Jugti Ram did not have any vehicles or police force with him on November 2, he met DCP Sewa Dass in the evening at 6 pm at police station Kalyanpuri. Sewa Dass had come to the police station as two journalists from The Indian Express had witnessed the Tirlokpuri massacre and made a hue and cry against police apathy. Jugti Ram asked Sewa Dass to give him extra force and vehicles to save the young women from Chilla village. However Sewa Dass declined on the ground that the vehicles would be burnt by the villagers. But Jugti Ram kept on insisting, in fact pleaded with the DCP and ACP for extra force. Since there were pressmen present, the DCP had to agree, but the ACP told him that if any damage was caused to the vehicles, Jugti Ram would be personally responsible. It seemed as if these two senior police officials were more worried about their vehicles than the dignity and life of the kidnapped women. Jugti Ram took the vehicles along with policemen and two Sikhs of Tirlokpuri. In an operation lasting many hours, Jugti Ram rescued the girls from the village and took them to a relief camp. On November 3, Jugti Ram went to the police station thinking he would be given a medal for doing such an exemplary job. However, to his utmost shock, he was told that he was suspended and a criminal case had been registered against him. The criminal case had been registered against the SHO of Kalyanpuri police station for his negligence to check the genocide. Along with the SHO, Soorbir Singh Tyagi, the name of Jugti Ram had also been added. Saving the women had been defiance of the orders and wishes of the seniors by Jugti Ram. On November 1, 1984, when he was the duty officer at police station Kalyanpuri, he had sent a wireless message to the DCP informing him about genocide at Tirlokpuri and recorded this message in the logbook. This was again in defiance of the orders of the seniors not to record any message in relation to the killing of Sikhs. This message is being used by us as a major evidence against Sewa Dass that although he was quite aware of the genocide, still he did not send a police force for 30 hours. On the same day, i.e. November 1, the DCP visited Kalyanpuri police station to ensure that Sikhs were not saved and to arrest Sikhs, who were defending themselves at Block 11 in Kalyanpuri. Jugti Ram again reminded the DCP about the Tirlokpuri genocide. No force was sent, but Jugti Ram was removed as Duty Officer and was posted at Tirlokpuri, where he joined on November 2. It may be mentioned that on November 1, at 6 pm, Sewa Dass arrested 25 Sikhs, who were defending themselves against the mob, from Block 11 of Kalyanpuri from their own houses. A case of murder was registered against Sikhs as one person from the mob was killed. These Sikhs were sent to jail and were released on bail only after a month. While I was preparing affidavits of victims to be filed before the Misra Commission in August 1985, many victims from Tirlokpuri told me about Jugti Ram helping them. That time Jugti Ram was still under suspension and the criminal case was still pending against him. Jugti Ram also came and met me and pleaded with me to help him. By that time, I knew the whole incident. I was in a dilemma. If I helped Jugti Ram, this would have weakened the case and the co-accused responsible for Tirlokpuri massacre, SHO Soorbir Singh Tyagi, would have got the benefit. I did not want to weaken the case as this was the only case registered against any police official in Delhi. It was a difficult situation for me. On one side was my morality as a human being to help a person, who has been wrongly punished, who rather needs commendation, and on the other side was the lawyer within me who would rather pursue the case against Soorbir Singh Tyagi more vigorously and would not in any manner weaken that case. At that time, taking any such step to weaken the case was a very big decision. Having only three years of experience as a lawyer, it was difficult for me to take the burden on me for being blamed for spoiling the case against Soorbir Singh Tyagi. Finding me reluctant to help Jugti Ram, some of the volunteers working in my team took Jugti Ram to General J S Aurora. After hearing the story of Jugti Ram and also after hearing from the victims how he saved them, General Aurora wrote a letter to then police commissioner, Ved Marwah, to help Jugti Ram. But neither was the case against Jugti Ram withdrawn nor were his services restored. Even the chargesheet was filed by the police against both the accused i.e. Soorbir Singh Tyagi and Jugti Ram. The police had intentionally filed the chargesheet without obtaining the mandatory sanction from the Government under Section 197 of the Criminal Procedure Code. On this account, both the accused were released by court. Jugti Ram has retired as Sub-Inspector, but Sewa Dass got three promotions after that and is now Joint Commissioner of Police. Even Soorbir Singh Tyagi has been promoted and is now Assistant Commissioner of Police in Delhi Police. I would like to add that I did not pursue the case or file any affidavits against Jugti Ram. As a lawyer, for the victims, I was not under any legal duty for Jugti Ram and as such I did not help him. Jugti Ram has been in constant touch with me until today. However, since I could not help him at that time, whenever he comes before me, I feel guilty. The Nanavati Commission has also issued 8B notice to Jugti Ram. This time I pleaded before the Nanavati Commission to withdraw the notice and not to take any action against him, and instead recommend him for a commendation certificate. Jugti Ram was also honoured with a saropa (gift) by the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee in 1990. In the case of Jugti Ram, volunteers working with me were upset with me for not helping him. These are the vagaries of the legal profession. Many times the profession demands that one has to take a decision against one’s own conscience.