US Election Debate

vvvslaxman

actually Obama allowed it to become close after the disastrous 1st debate but then (as usual) Romney made some silly comments and Obama handled Sandy extremely well so the balance again tilted in Obama's favor.
Even during those times (one week post the 1st debate), no poll placed Romney over 270. I think the closest he came was 263. The second debate killed the momentum and the trend was in Obama's favour after that. Sandy might not have made a difference to the end result but it certainly made a difference to the margin of victory. Chris Christie kept his 2016 hopes alive by helping push Mitt over the edge

I am going to listen to FOX radio all day while working. "Stop The OBAAAAAAAAAAMA express.. let us take our country back.. this is sean hannity show" hahaha.. can't wait for that.
I know .. I love that ... He tweeted but only till just before Ohio results .. :hysterical: His last tweet - 13 hrs ago Sean Hannity ‏@seanhannity NC = Romney. That's a big one.

And here is the other one ... in pain :haha: - Saying Obama = Santa Claus Rush Limbaugh tried to explain Mitt Romney's loss to President Obama on his Wednesday show. "Small things beat big things yesterday," he said. "Conservatism ... did not lose last night ... it is practically impossible to beat Santa Claus. People are not going to vote against Santa Claus, especially if the alternative is being your own Santa Claus." He said Romney would have been a great president. "He may have not been the most optimal candidate, but he's a fine man," he said. "He would have been great for this country." Romney, he said, had promoted "traditional" values of hard work, which had been rejected: "In a country of children where the option is Santa Claus or work, what wins?"

Even during those times (one week post the 1st debate)' date=' [b']no poll placed Romney over 270. I think the closest he came was 263. The second debate killed the momentum and the trend was in Obama's favour after that. Sandy might not have made a difference to the end result but it certainly made a difference to the margin of victory. Chris Christie kept his 2016 hopes alive by helping push Mitt over the edge
the polls might not have shown it (in the weeks after the 1st debate) but Romney certainly got a big jump in numbers but he couldn't hold on to it after the next 2 debates (especially after the 3rd one where he pretty much agreed to whatever Obama said :giggle: ) that he certainly did..............but its still too early to say anything about 2016. The GOP now needs to do some serious introspection as to how/why its Candidate was beaten by a significant margin despite an average performance (or above average at most) by Obama in the last 4 years. Also, they lost many important Senate races as well. Here's something I read related to this today - http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us/politics/obama-victory-causes-republican-soul-searching.html?hp&_r=0 But all in all I'd say that Romney, who was seen as dumb, detached/disconnected with the people and having foot-in-the-mouth disease, still ran a pretty good campaign.

the polls might not have shown it (in the weeks after the 1st debate) but Romney certainly got a big jump in numbers but he couldn't hold on to it after the next 2 debates (especially after the 3rd one where he pretty much agreed to whatever Obama said :giggle: ) that he certainly did..............but its still too early to say anything about 2016. The GOP now needs to do some serious introspection as to how/why its Candidate was beaten by a significant margin despite an average performance (or above average at most) by Obama in the last 4 years. Also, they lost many important Senate races as well. Here's something I read related to this today - http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us/politics/obama-victory-causes-republican-soul-searching.html?hp&_r=0 But all in all I'd say that Romney, who was seen as dumb, detached/disconnected with the people and having foot-in-the-mouth disease, still ran a pretty good campaign.
I said this after the first debate and Im relieved that I was right. The problem was that Mitt went all in, in the first debate itself. He said things to please everybody. On that day people were happy that he is offering solutions to everything but he dug a hole for himself and he struggled to get out of that hole from that day. He couldnt explain any stand, plan, social view etc. For example he said my plan covers pre-existing illnesses WTF , it doesnt. There were countless other things he said that day which put him in a situation where couldnt stand for anything or explain anything. It became so bad that he and Paul didnt take questions for anybody (inlcuding Fox news) from more than last 2 weeks

are you serious?? doubt if you are following Obama campaign.. He doesnt like wars.. he is anti-war unless it is required.. Repubs are the ones who like wars because of their connection with big ammunition making companies.. Funny thing I listened in 2008 during Repub convention when there were two wars already on.. this McCain supporter says... 'hell yeahhh... I need more wars.. lets go for it..' i was really surprised at the mindset.. but then again interest group can go to any lengths to make money for their companies..
You really should judge a politician by his actions, not his words. Obama ain't anti-war, he's just sly, and most people fall for it. You see,he's droning Yemen and Pakistan on an almost daily basis. He has already been a part of Libya. And he's upped the sanctions on Iran. Now every-time a president changes you don't go attacking countries. You weaken them first, via sanctions, just like Iraq, just like Libya. And once they are considerably weak you attack. By imposing such stringent sanctions weather he attacks countries or not, he is laying the groundwork for future attacks. And to sign off, he's a hypocrite too. What has he done bout the revolution Bahrain apart from rearming the government? Oh wait, notin, cos apparently the US 5th fleet is parked there. And if you really look at whats gone down in Libya, you notice his government has also placed in power fundamentalist governments like Muslim Brotherhood. Not to mention arming all sorts of shady organizations there. Repubs or Democrats, both fight wars for their industrial military. Each merely go about it in their own way. Which is why America needs real change. In 2008 I believed Obama was that change. But after all that he's done, not to mention Fast and Furious, I really don't see much hope. I mean instead of liberating people world over, why can he just not liberate America's neighbors the Mexican people from the cartels? 100's of thousands have died there. PS I have nothing against Obama going after terrorists in Pakistan or Yemen. But then you gotta be consistent. They are bad in some countries, but ur allies in other countries?. You want the gov in Syria to fall (fair enough) but then why turn a blind eye towards Bahrain? You see that's the hypocrisy I am completely against and also why I am a supporter of the Ron Paul movement.

Made my first friend deletion today on Facebook. My newsfeed was full of disgruntled people being openly racist after the election results. Some ultra conservative Christian folks from undergrad years openly called for rapture and bestowed the title of 'Antichrist' on the President. In my 17 yrs living in US, I have never seen average normal family folks turn into this ignorant, despicable, racist individual over election results. Mind=blown.

Made my first friend deletion today on Facebook. My newsfeed was full of disgruntled people being openly racist after the election results. Some ultra conservative Christian folks from undergrad years openly called for rapture and bestowed the title of 'Antichrist' on the President. In my 17 yrs living in US, I have never seen average normal family folks turn into this ignorant, despicable, racist individual over election results. Mind=blown.
Don't you find it idiotic when ppl post such venomous stuff on a social media like FB; moronic as it is to have such extreme views why would you wanna publicize that to the whole world; a simple "I am disappointed- was hoping fo rthe other guy to win" should suffice instead And I find it so funny that a lot of these ppl are posting "Time to leave the country", I want to move to another country", "US has gone to the dumps"; I wish their desire is fulfilled and they are dropped in some other country where things are really bad- so bad that you can't even hold an election. Too much ignorance

Don't you find it idiotic when ppl post such venomous stuff on a social media like FB; moronic as it is to have such extreme views why would you wanna publicize that to the whole world; a simple "I am disappointed- was hoping fo rthe other guy to win" should suffice instead And I find it so funny that a lot of these ppl are posting "Time to leave the country", I want to move to another country", "US has gone to the dumps"; I wish their desire is fulfilled and they are dropped in some other country where things are really bad- so bad that you can't even hold an election. Too much ignnorance
They are saying that on FOX news by FOX opinion contributors. There is this program FIVE where one doofus was saying he wanted to move to another country.