I cant believe I'm saying this : Lets get Sehwag and Pathan back

fineleg

Ok, in your lineup IP is 4th bowler...thats a BIG worry. Even if IP bowls well, we need SRT, YS, VS etc to share 10 overs. (maybe SG?) If its not his day, we would be scrambling for 16 overs. If IP is in form, then this is an awesome lineup (will still throw MP into atlantic ocean)
How do you think Irfan is any less useful than Munaf Patel. Lets say Irfan scores 15 to 20 runs more than Munaf and saves 5 runs on the field compared to Munaf. That is an automatic 20-25 runs adv. And we havent talked about bowling here. Again i say this , its not like Irfan has forgotten how to bowl , or intnl batsman have just all of a sudden got confident against him. He went through a bad patch , if he is back , he will deliver with the ball.
How do you think Irfan is any less useful than Munaf Patel. Lets say Irfan scores 15 to 20 runs more than Munaf and saves 5 runs on the field compared to Munaf. That is an automatic 20-25 runs adv. And we havent talked about bowling here. Again i say this , its not like Irfan has forgotten how to bowl , or intnl batsman have just all of a sudden got confident against him. He went through a bad patch , if he is back , he will deliver with the ball.
Yes, lets try him. Lets hope for the best.
Yes' date=' lets try him. Lets hope for the best.[/quote'] One cant expect the players who are dropped to go back to first class cricket and set the world on fire. Many times , players are picked for talent , not for performance. Irfan will add athleticism and depth to our batting order , both of them are something we desperately miss now. And there is no way we are playing both Sachin and Ganguly as openers. Niether of them seem capable of fast starts, which is a criminal offense in an era of 20 over power plays.

India innings (50 overs maximum) R M B 4s 6s SR captain.gifSC Ganguly c ME Waugh b Fleming 6 24 27 0 0 22.22 <<<<------------------ :hysterical: SR Tendulkar run out (Bevan) 35 47 26 6 1 134.61 VVS Laxman c Martyn b Harvey 45 48 34 7 1 132.35 R Dravid c Harvey b Martyn 80 144 84 3 1 95.23 HK Badani c ME Waugh b Warne 11 25 18 0 0 61.11 V Sehwag b Fleming 58 62 54 8 0 107.40 keeper.gifV Dahiya run out (Bevan) 51 53 39 6 1 130.76 AB Agarkar c & b McGrath 13 17 15 0 0 86.66 Harbhajan Singh c Ponting b Harvey 0 2 1 0 0 0.00 Z Khan not out 1 7 2 0 0 50.00 J Srinath c Martyn b McGrath 2 5 5 0 0 40.00 Extras (w 7, nb 6) 13 Total (all out; 49.5 overs; 222 mins) 315 (6.32 runs per over) I couldnt help looking at Ganguly's SR... :hysterical:

I remember that match too, BB. I had seen Sachin as angry just once, when Ganguly had run him out in 2000 ICC Championship final vs NZ. As for bringing back Sehwag, do we know whether Sehwag has started batting well?? He has not played any FC or LOC since he was dropped.

As much as I want Sehwag back in the fold..the fact is that he is still batting poorly. He has been playing a few tournaments for his employers and the last I had heard was that he was not scoring much runs, his manner of dismissal in the games continues to be the same..flashin outside without moving his feet an inch. Its a tragedy that he is refusing to learn.

This kind of knee jerk reactions is the reason why Indian fans are termed as a emotional bunch. Sehwag was in abysmal form in test and now that he has been out of international cricket he has not done anything to merit re-selection, neither has IP done anything of note to ensure a recall. What will they do by getting back, find a new way to lose? The thing is that even though Vengsarkar talked about giving talented players a chance, we always seem to tout and believe this TINA theory and accept it as being gospel. Iam sure that at any given time in India there would be about 15-20K players playing the game and of them at least 2K players must be half decent and at least 150 players must be real good. Why then do we keep going to the same 25-30 players and not casting the net any wider.