'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting,

vvvslaxman

Executive director of gun owners of America says that teachers being armed could have prevented this massacre :facepalm: Closing line from the article http://gawker.com/5968680/executive-director-of-gun-owners-of-america-says-armed-teachers-would-have-stopped-newtown-shooting
I often wondered how Americans got out of that cowboy culture to where they are now. Apparently it seems many still have that cowboy mentality in them.

To be honest' date=' yes it is making me think more than twice about going back to Australia. I understand its an over reaction but in a few years I will have 2 kids in elementary school and yesterday I was almost in tears when I was listening to this horror story on the radio. Kids in kinder are just babies, they are very innocent and get scared easily. Just thinking what these kids went through sends a shiver up my spine.[/quote'] Not an overreaction at all. I remember when I had the chance to go to NY, my folks expressly put their foot down. Too violent and too dangerous they said. US is a great place to make a career no doubt, but alas

Can he move anything ? Thats the question. Does he have the intent ? Frankly he is a disappointment. This is last term. There is nothing to lose. He has to upset the applecart.
Nothing will come out of this tragedy. Some platitudes and politicians will move on. His grief is probably genuine, but I doubt if he has the motivation about doing anything fruitful or even attempt to reform the retarded gun culture in the US. RIP kids :((

Actually guns made them brave too! American's are one of world's most strongest people physically and they can kill people even with hands, guns work as deterrent. They are not afraid to live far away from cities, travel long distances, live alone, population is so scattered. Guns gave them security. Try same in India, you will be robbed, murdered on 1st such instance.

Actually guns made them brave too! American's are one of world's most strongest people physically and they can kill people even with hands, guns work as deterrent. They are not afraid to live far away from cities, travel long distances, live alone, population is so scattered. Guns gave them security. Try same in India, you will be robbed, murdered on 1st such instance.
Have u been to U.p.

You cannot compare gun culture of US with UP. UP has very few people who can afford weapon' date=' so those who finally manage to, feel like Don. Whereas in USA license and gun ownership is cheap! and [b']majority households have guns. We are not equal in India.
Where does this come from? These are Rohit Ambani's made up statistics...

It is true. In US, guns per capita is 88.8 per 100 residents. In India, only 4 people out of 100 have access to guns. Our cultures and societies are vastly different. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country
There is no truth to that data. It's made up. The reality is that we do not really know the percentage. It is a high number, but no..the majority households in the US do not have a gun.