Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Arrest warrant out against godman Asaram Bapu http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Bihar/Arrest-warrant-out-against-godman-Asaram-Bapu/Article1-1090294.aspx

A court in Muzaffarpur on Wednesday issued a ‘body warrant’ for the arrest of spiritual leader Asaram Bapu in connection with a complaint case filed over his allegedly sexist remarks in the Delhi gangrape case. The court of Muzaffarpur’s chief judicial magistrate (CJM) SP Singh issued the warrant after hearing a complaint case registered against Bapu for his “derogatory remarks” about women in connection with the December 16 Delhi gangrape case. According to Patna high court advocate RRK Pandey, the issuance of a body warrant against Bapu means he will have be to arrested and produced in the court that issues it. “A body warrant is different from a non-bailable warrant in that in the former case one can obtain bail after being produced in court, whereas in the latter case there can be no bail,” Pandey explained. The court issued the warrant of arrest after Bapu neither appeared before it in person nor petitioned for personal appearance exemption, despite two summons being issued for his personal appearance in the court. The court also directed the Delhi Police commissioner to comply with the warrant before the next hearing in the case on August 12 this year. The petitioner in the case, advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha, had, in his complaint, cited Bapu’s alleged remark that the Delhi gang rape victim could have saved herself by addressing her violators as bhaiyya (brother) and beseeching for mercy.
The arrogance of this so called GOD is disgusting.

wonder how many of these 4 are actually innocent. i could very well see one or two just sitting there in the bus not doing anything and unfortunately will be hit with a death sentence. a REAL investigation needs to be made and the actual guilty need to be hanged. I mean i shudder to think if i was in the bus and tried to help the victim probably i would be hanged as well since we are going by testimonies and not actual evidence. remember the victim was in an out of conciousness when she said everyone in the bus raped her. indian judicial system is a joke.

meanwhile hundreds of other rapes will be happening in India today' date=' with zero action taken. Particularly if the perpetrators are wealthy and powerful[/quote'] Right, agreed. The number of rapes is not of major concern if you ask me, its the gangrapes, rape with minors and the brutality displayed in many of them is what's most disturbing.

wonder how many of these 4 are actually innocent. i could very well see one or two just sitting there in the bus not doing anything and unfortunately will be hit with a death sentence. a REAL investigation needs to be made and the actual guilty need to be hanged. I mean i shudder to think if i was in the bus and tried to help the victim probably i would be hanged as well since we are going by testimonies and not actual evidence. remember the victim was in an out of conciousness when she said everyone in the bus raped her. indian judicial system is a joke.
Of course ...gang rape is such a forgettable event...how could a victim know who raped her. Besides victims testimony is not the only proof. The guy(friend) also identified,DNA ,Victims blood on their clothes. A bloody shocking post.

I always thought you were a retard.. But you confirmed it today LOL now I know why it took effin 3 years to get Ajmal booked ... There are enough retards out there..

Right' date=' agreed. The number of rapes is not of major concern if you ask me, its the gangrapes, rape with minors and the brutality displayed in many of them is what's most disturbing.[/quote'] O thats cool then. An uncle raping his niece for years is ok and does not worry you. Only worried about ones media hypes to our attention! Look these idiots need to be locked up and justice served. Point is countless other rapes are done and nothing is done. But thats India. No justice for anyone, unless powerful or media picks it up!

are u for real? aint her friend`s statements (who witnessed the whole saga),semen samples be enough to convict those b@stards or u want a video!! even ur fellow countrymen (pakis) will find this post astonishingly vile,defile

are u for real? aint her friend`s statements (who witnessed the whole saga),semen samples be enough to convict those b@stards or u want a video!! even ur fellow countrymen (pakis) will find this post astonishingly vile,defile
this is ridiculous. all i was saying that maybe one or two of the accused might not be given a fair trial because of the high profile nature of this case and the emotional response of the whole country.

WTF!:omg:
Per capita rapes as per the stats is among the lowest in India, even in the US , half the cases go unreported. Now I agree that underreporting is much more in India, but I believe even after taking that into account, per capita rapes will be substantially less in india. Yesterday, bbc was showing that 1 in 10 men said they had raped in a survey in china, thailand etc and 1 in 4 had done marital rape. Because India is huge, the rapes seem to be happening too frequently. But like I said, the brutal ones like raped n burnt to death etc, gangrapes, rapes with minors is what's most disturbing, that doesn't mean that others are acceptable.

To King Tendulkar and The Outsider - On the point of under-reporting - Delhi sees 158 percent increase in rape cases, 600% rise in molestation cases while 783.67% rise harassment cases since Dec. So, if x number of rape cases were being reported earlier, around 2.6x are getting reported now. y molestation cases earlier, 7y molestation cases now. z harassment cases earlier, 8.8z now. This is in first 4 months following the Nirbhaya case, when 1. The public awareness was as high as there can ever be. There were protest at many locations in Delhi, all of about 20 main news channels here covering them for whole days, no other news shown. 2. Police claims that there are women officers in every police station now and officers are under specific instructions to note down complaints or FIRs immediately as the complainant arrives at the police station. It is hard to believe that there were many-folds unreported cases or FIRs which were not filed, in the first few months following the incidence. These new number for reported cases should be quite close to actual rapes for the above reasons.