Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Learning lot of new things here 1) Unless video evidence of all 4 guys of raping the girl they can possibly be innocent 2) gange rape >>> one on one rape
The punishment for One on one rape starts from 7 yrs minimum and the punishment of gangrape starts from 10 yrs. Anyways, that was not the point. The point was - In my opinion, compared to the developed world, the per capita rapes(reported+unreported) happening here are not huge. Gang rapes, minor rapes and other most brutal rapes seem to be more. And of course, Under-reporting is more here because of the shame associated etc, convictions are quite slow, police behavior is very bad.

the defense counsel is pathetic.. :facepalm:

01:59 PM"Parliamentarians are facing charges in dacoity, rape and murder, but there is no fast-track court trying their cases." - AP singh, counsel for Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur. 01:35 PM"The Batla House encounter-accused terrorist got life imprisonment from court. He was let off due to vote bank politics. Why were the terrorist given life sentence and these men are being considered for death penalty?" - AP singh, counsel for Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur

wonder how many of these 4 are actually innocent. i could very well see one or two just sitting there in the bus not doing anything and unfortunately will be hit with a death sentence. a REAL investigation needs to be made and the actual guilty need to be hanged. I mean i shudder to think if i was in the bus and tried to help the victim probably i would be hanged as well since we are going by testimonies and not actual evidence. remember the victim was in an out of conciousness when she said everyone in the bus raped her. indian judicial system is a joke.
Actualy our judicary is amongst the few organizations I have a lot of trust on The victim gave a full description of the assailants and thats how they were caught, there was no mention of everyone in the bus, etc which you are making up. IMO, your post was just attention seeking

The punishment for One on one rape starts from 7 yrs minimum and the punishment of gangrape starts from 10 yrs. Anyways, that was not the point. The point was - In my opinion, compared to the developed world, the per capita rapes(reported+unreported) happening here are not huge. Gang rapes, minor rapes and other most brutal rapes seem to be more. And of course, Under-reporting is more here because of the shame associated etc, convictions are quite slow, police behavior is very bad.
You can't compare specific crime (and in particular rape) statistics across countries - this has been well established amongst criminologists.

Interesting tweets on the topic

anupamachopra: Meanwhile in #GrandMasti, a character says: Balatkaar se yaad aaya, meri biwi kahan hai. Is this 'adult comedy' and who is laughing? VishalDadlani: Why everyone's celebrating this sentence, though the rapists deserve it? What's changed for women since Dec16? Has safety improved? Vidyut: IMO rapists got death penalty for rape, murder, society, patriarchy, frustration, lack of police reforms... death looks proportionate now. mojorojo: Fun thought; if you believe statistics, there have already been 3 rapes in India in the 40 minutes since the sentence was announced. mojorojo: NO YOU ****FACE ON TV, DON'T "TREAT GIRLS LIKE THEY ARE YOUR SISTER" TREAT THEM LIKE THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE YOUR SISTER TO FEEL SAFE