2013 Australian Open

Clarke

I am really looking forward to this tournament, it promises to be a great tournament and perhaps an extension to the new Djokovic Murray rivalry at the top of the game. Djokovic has always been mentally tougher, but Murray recently has been able to overcome that. Murray has a dreadful attitude and his swearing and foul mouthed rants do put me off, which is why I hope DelPo gets through to the final. Tough one to call and I wouldn't make Djokovic as strong as a favourite as the bookies are making him. Let's see, hoping for a Djoko vs Del Po final, with Djokovic pipping him in 5 sets.

Id love to see DelPo win it, hope he does beating Murray and Novak on the way. Would be good to have a new slam winner. Think Murrays attitude has improved a lot recently, I never liked him because oif his on court behaviour, and he was always a bit dulll.. kinda grown on me now though.

I wouldn't believe any of the nonsense that the FO means more to Rafa to than any other, all 4 of the Slams mean a lot. In fact it's probably more critical for Rafa's claim to being an all round great player if he wins the other slams cause at the moment his GS count is heavily saying he's a clay court player. Rafa will be back, but it will be several weeks, perhaps months before he will be anywhere near the level he was. Tennis is much poorer without him, I'm not even a Rafa fan and I'm saying this. Tennis with the big 4 fighting it out in the Semis was a spectacle if ever there was one. Chalks, JWT doesn't seem like he has that extra reserve to pull energy from should it be required to win. Novak, Rafa, Federer and even Murray recently have shown that when they need to, when their backs are agaisnt the wall they can will themselves over the line. I think I became a fan of Novak because he's probably the greatest in any sport ever, to produce his best when he's well and truly up against it.

O NO. TWO OF My favorite players drawn against each other in the first round. HEWITT VS TIPSAREVIC. Hewitt plays great in Austalia. I so want him to do well as always, but hard to see Tipsarevic go down so early. Tipsarevic also won chennai Open Last week. Meanwhile Hewitt is back in great form. He beat Berdych in semis and then Del Potro in Kooyong Classic final last week. So a great first round match.

Somdev won his first round :dance: Hope he manages another two wins at least :pray:
His opponent wsa considered one of the fastest man on tour. I am glad he won that and great to see especially him winning in straight sets. He faces Polish player Janowicz. World no. 24. A tough one but LET'S GO SOMDEV

That's why I love tennis grand slams, it's match after match after match the first week, so you have a choice and you usually end up with a few exciting ones. But Almagro vs Janowicz already looks to be one of the matches of the next round. Cricket sucks in comparison, in fact I'd go so far as to say cricket scheduling is a bag of **** compared to Tennis. An entire tournament done inside 2 weeks, so the finalists will have played 7 games in 2 weeks. Unlike thew cricket world cup which goes on for months, I should say drags on and on for months. We haven't seen any major upsets so far, I'm talking abotu men's tennis. So bode's well for next week. Upsets can be fun, but in the overall scheme of things, they rarely do good for a tournament as you end up with one crap player making it easier for a good player.