India v England in India, ODI bi-lateral series, 2013

Dude' date=' i was talking about Sachin before he retired, not the series Sachin just skipped. So Kohli could go to him for advice etc. [b']He had someone to guide him through all those distractions you are talking about whether Sachin was playing or not
Let me try to understand this bolded part..before retirement, if Sachin was not there in the team, Kohli and other youngsters could reach him for advice, now that he has retired from ODIs, they cannot go to him? Is that what you are trying to imply? As Numb said, with all that experience of Sachin, Dravid and VVS, we could not prevent 8-0 and with Sachin 10-1 or the CB series and Asia cup failures, so not sure how much of a factor his absence is right now.
It takes a genius not to understand that everyone here was talking about ODIs and then bring up test performances as examples
6500+ posts and you still don't know that everybody never talk about the same thing in a forum, nomatter what the topic iys. :cantstop: The point I am making is -- the grass always seems greener on the other side. Whenever somebody is not present, people always think he would have changed everything, often forgetting that when he was present, things also went wrong badly. Regarding Tendulkar specifically, how difficult is it to understand that his presence was way more important to India in away tests than home odis.
SRT will make no difference to the team' date=' playing at home or away. What were his significant contributions since WC 2011, home or away? At the age of 39, 18 month hiatus from good performance, means that he is very unlikely to make a come back.[/quote'] In the future, there is very little chance that he would perform with any consistency anywhere. For people who are missing SRT, he was much more important in away tests than domestic odis. Now that he is not making a difference even in away tests, there is very little chance that he would have made a difference in patta odis, where there are always FTBs present to perform. The failure in domestic odis seem to be a lack of will to win for the team and it is stemming from the top. Lots of good players are still there.
Dude' date=' i was talking about Sachin before he retired, not the series Sachin just skipped. So Kohli could go to him for advice etc. He had someone to guide him through all those distractions you are talking about whether Sachin was playing or not[/quote'] If this is trolling, got to admit it's pretty unique. :hatsoff: