India v England in India, ODI bi-lateral series, 2013

gambhir is a plague for the team.... i'm getting to the point where i actually WANT him to fail each time he walks out to bat becoz this rascal has done enough damage to the team and needs to go. At some point the blind selectors will drop this non-performer good for nothing prodding batter

gambhir is a plague for the team.... i'm getting to the point where i actually WANT him to fail each time he walks out to bat becoz this rascal has done enough damage to the team and needs to go. At some point the blind selectors will drop this non-performer good for nothing prodding batter
I thought those two run outs would have seen the last of him :(( . People here just look at his ODI stat. Also couple that with his T20 horror show against England and string of failures in Tests and the way he struggles against bounce, movement, swing.. everything. He is a disaster. Can't believe he is even getting some positive reviews from some of the fans. Are they living in alternate world?

^^Some people see what we cant see. I remember him playing decently in 2010 in South Africa against Steyn, Morkel, Kallis, Tsotsobe. But since then he has never looked comfortable when there is extra bounce or swing. Because in ODIs generally, conditions are flat he gets away with it.

What about Rohit and Raina still finding a place?
Rohit is not a shocker but not great either. I think he may warrant a squad place. Raina is a good oid player. Has not fired in this series but still good limited overs player, young and defo should not be dropped. Good fielder as well. He should bat 6 and come in after hopefully a half decent start for slog overs , like 10 overs to go. Main bad call is mishra, which is just dumb
All fit athletic squad apart from yuvraj and mishra
Dude not everything that looks Fat is unfit and not everything that looks slim is fit. Yuvraj even though looks bit chubby but still one of our best fielder. Their are slim players who have terrible fitness. Yuvraj's 'CORE' fitness is shown the way he recovered, see pace of his recovery. Even after going after through that he is one of best fielder Indian ever produced. He is tough nut. Sachin, Smith were always chubby from their debut, are they unfit? Jesse Ryder looks more fatter than Yuvi but he too is very good fielder.
Gambhir looks the most clueless batsman in the Indian line up. There are others. But not as bad as him. I have heard of batsman increasing their range of shots. Gambhir increases his range of getting out. Inside edge' date= poking one to slip, cut loosely to point, caught on the crease to get out lbw.
:hysterical:
Gambhir looks the most clueless batsman in the Indian line up. There are others. But not as bad as him. I have heard of batsman increasing their range of shots. Gambhir increases his range of getting out. Inside edge' date=' poking one to slip, cut loosely to point, caught on the crease to get out lbw.[/quote'] :cantstop:
^^Some people see what we cant see. I remember him playing decently in 2010 in South Africa against Steyn' date=' Morkel, Kallis, Tsotsobe. But since then he has never looked comfortable when there is extra bounce or swing. Because in ODIs generally, conditions are flat he gets away with it.[/quote'] This is the ODI squad brother and he's decent in the dry conditions too. I agree that both him and Viru should be dropped from the test team. 50-50 on whether to drop him from the ODI team. Would have preferred if he was dropped too, but don't mind him getting 3 matches more either.

Dinda Rohit Sharma Jadeja Should have been dropped I seriously dont understand this Virender Sehwag actually did better compared to Rohit Sharma who has been in the team for series after series but still not dropped What great performances has Jadeja given to India Lately.Dinda should have been replaced with Praveen Kumar who can bat too.

Team for 1st odi against england 1 Pujara-Open and anchor the innings, bat 35 over min at 75 strike rate 2 Rahane 3 Kohli 4 Dhoni- Up the order as in form and can tick it along and not get out 5 Yuvraj 6 Raina- What him more in slog overs, hopefully with wickets in hand, at moment has to play consolidation role which does not suit him as he is boundary hitter 7 Ashwin 8 Jadeja 9 Kumar 10 Ishant 11 Shami Can the selctors have the balls to axe Gambhir. I suspect not sadly, thus either they will 1. Not play pujara which is insane 2. Not play rahane which is also insane and may force rahane to commit suicide or sue bcci 3. Drop jadeja which would unbalance the side and he is doing well