Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|

SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

If they score 220+ ' date=' India will be chasing 120 to 150 , on this pitch will find it difficult. Can lose too.[/quote'] With Dhoni on the crease it is definitely possible, Simple, Just take it as an odi match from there and bat like it.
If they score 220+ ' date=' India will be chasing 120 to 150 , on this pitch will find it difficult. Can lose too.[/quote'] Dhoni, is that you ? Some of you guys are such wusses. There's no way India can lose this one. I'm glad India got all out. That actually gives them a better chance to win than playing on more overs at 2-3 runs per over. For India, going into the last day, Aus 3 wkts down behind by 16 runs is much better than Aus 0 wkts down with 150 behind.

The only way India can lose this one is if they suffer an ugly collapse in the 2nd innings; has happened in the past but I just don't see it happening here. Ashwin was getting a slightly older ball to really grip off the surface, and he got appreciable turn in his second last over when he beat Hughes on the outside off successive balls. Hoping the pitch dries out even more and then our three spinners should all be turning the ball square off this surface. Hughes looks like a walking wicket, even though he's on 50. Clarke is probably injured and won't be at his best if he bats (and even if he is, Jaddu will nail him). Haddin will try to counterattack, which is unlikely to be a good strategy on a this track. The real threat IMO will be the tail - Starc, Siddle and Doherty. If they get past 250, it will be hard to enforce a result.

The only way India can lose this one is if they suffer an ugly collapse in the 2nd innings; has happened in the past but I just don't see it happening here. Ashwin was getting a slightly older ball to really grip off the surface, and he got appreciable turn in his second last over when he beat Hughes on the outside off successive balls. Hoping the pitch dries out even more and then our three spinners should all be turning the ball square off this surface. Hughes looks like a walking wicket, even though he's on 50. Clarke is probably injured and won't be at his best if he bats (and even if he is, Jaddu will nail him). Haddin will try to counterattack, which is unlikely to be a good strategy on a this track. The real threat IMO will be the tail - Starc, Siddle and Doherty. If they get past 250, it will be hard to enforce a result.
Yes, this is the part which makes me think game will be a draw. India very rarely get the tail out cheaply (along with Henriques and Haddin who are not easy to dismiss) and with only two sessions to bowl them out, it will be tough.
Yes' date=' this is the part which makes me think game will be a draw. India very rarely get the tail out cheaply (along with Henriques and Haddin who are not easy to dismiss) and with only two sessions to bowl them out, it will be tough.[/quote'] Lambu with a battered old ball managed to dismiss both of them in 2 balls.