Womens name change after marriage

Rajiv

helps to have the same last name' date=' especially if you live in the west.[/quote'] Yes, esp in my case wife, kids and me have different last names. It becomes so difficult to make reservations over the phone or anywhere else. Every time I have to go "S as in Sam", "H as in Harry"..etc and when it comes to the kids/wife repeat the same 3 different times. 'Cause how much ever you change your accent, they cannot spell Indian names. Now, I understand why Jaikishen becomes Jack or Haripradsad becomes Harry in the west.

Is this still practiced? What's the origin of this name changing anyways Most of my friends had love marriages but then reshma became karina, sherrina to haseena, roma to priyanka etc etc. They were still called by their original names but why go through all this name changing anyways?
No this is not a Hindu tradition as such but I shall now campaign to make it a Hindu tradition!!!! In all the names you mentioned, the changed name is so much more hotter than the original one(I mean which hot blooded man wont get tempted to a Haseena??)! Not to mention the fact that the chap gets to do the ahmmmm with two different girls, heck its almost a threesome right there! :thumbs_up: I say Indian girls should learn from your caste Rajeev!!! :two_thumbs_up: xxx

It is a reional thingyy....I know a maharastrian friend of mine who changed her first name after marriage.Her hubby selected it for her.....:confused_smile:
But what do women generally think of changing their last names. I know their is some resistance by some in the West who feel that men should change their last names.:regular_smile: