Womens name change after marriage

Rajiv

Because i dont have surname at all , I have had to give my dad's name as surname in my passport , all other official stuff. On the few occasions i have done something worthwhile for my name to appear on something , all i see is my dad's name coz its official policy for the surname to be appear and not the first name.

Because i dont have surname at all , I have had to give my dad's name as surname in my passport , all other official stuff. On the few occasions i have done something worthwhile for my name to appear on something , all i see is my dad's name coz its official policy for the surname to be appear and not the first name.
:haha::haha:That is really sad....

few of my friends have same story

:haha::haha:That is really sad....
Yea it is.... I do all the hard work... all the stuff.. and the official citation goes like "Dear Mr. Sriram's Dad , We congratulate you for xxxxx in the xxxxxx blah blah blah... ".. I am like -- " You bloddy morons , my Dad knows jackshyte of what you are talking about... ":cry_smile:

Yea it is.... I do all the hard work... all the stuff.. and the official citation goes like "Dear Mr. Sriram's Dad , We congratulate you for xxxxx in the xxxxxx blah blah blah... ".. I am like -- " You bloddy morons , my Dad knows jackshyte of what you are talking about... ":cry_smile:
relax, you'll get the credit for your kids work :haha:

On the few occasions i have done something worthwhile for my name to appear on something , all i see is my dad's name coz its official policy for the surname to be appear and not the first name.
So essentially when your Dad had told your Mom - "Sriram is going to bring glory to my name" he could not have possibly guessed how correct he was! :hmmmm:

hahahh.. thats funny.. so y dont u have last name sriram??
We dont have surnames at all Veer , as simple as that. Its like the fast bowler Lakshmipathy Balaji . His name is just Balaji. Lakshmipathy is his Dad's name. Same case for me.

We dont have surnames at all Veer , as simple as that. Its like the fast bowler Lakshmipathy Balaji . His name is just Balaji. Lakshmipathy is his Dad's name. Same case for me.
Wow, i thought his name was Lakshmipathi.. and dads name will have been Balaji... In the team sheet, they always wrote first name first... interesting.....

ohh is that normal in south India?
It depends on the caste. In Andhra , there are Naidus and Raos.. So the guys are called Arun Rao or Kaushik Naidu etc.. But in T.N , surnames arent that common. So when required , the Dad's name is added as surname.

Its like the fast bowler Lakshmipathy Balaji . His name is just Balaji. Lakshmipathy is his Dad's name.
Good that they did it this way. Imagine if it was other way around, I mean imagine Balaji being his Dad's name. All those Pakistani girls singing "Balaji jaraa dheere chalo" would have earned a raving mad Tamilian lady ready to streamroll Pakistan on her own!! xxx

Wow, i thought his name was Lakshmipathi.. and dads name will have been Balaji... In the team sheet, they always wrote first name first... interesting.....
And that is because , since he doesnt have a surname at all , his initials are first letter of his Dad's name , ie L from Lakshmipathy. So he is L.Balaji. So everyone calls him Lakshmipathy Balaji , when it should be Balaji.L.

Guest dada_rocks

Jayalalitha se yaad aaya,, she is filthy rich..when IT raid happend her place she gave one of her driver 40 kg gold to dump somewhere but that sleek guy a bihari drove it all the way to Bihar and today that driver is the biggest road contractor in Bihar.........

Jayalalitha se yaad aaya' date=', she is filthy rich..when IT raid happend her place she gave one of her driver 40 kg gold to dump somewhere but that sleek guy a bihari drove it all the way to Bihar and today that driver is the biggest road contractor in Bihar.........[/quote'] :haha: filthy rich or dumb rich?

OneLee Lname changed for my wife... My wife hated my last name all along. Everytime she saw someone w/ that last name she would just run away from him/her. Finally got stuck w/ that lastname. Had she told me of that, I would have forced her not to change her name. I dun blv in doing something I dont want to do. Do it and take responsibility for that... But she wanted to change her first name and she suggested many but I did't want to change her name...so it stayed. Yes its tradition and people do happily. No one makes hooow for that...

All girls used to change their first name and last name before. (up til the 70's)and then it became only the last name (though in some csts they still change the first name as well). It has to do with some "new beginning" or some other absurd ideology :giggle:
I think (not sure) that my grandmother's first name changed after marriage. So, yes, first name change used to happen in previous generations sometimes. Probably these days it will not happen except in rare cases.