Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

Unfair comparing BK bowling on seaming track to his bowling on a patta. and I dont think he is at his best as he has already bowled close 400 overs this season, take a note of that. Fatigue is bound to come in at the end of such a season.
The point I am trying to make is that most strike bowlers, including spinners, generally get zip off the pitch, even if they are not that quick in the air. Infact that is even mote important for somebody who is not very quick in the air. In the Irani cup match , Sreesanth, Dhawal and Mithun got more zip off the pitch than Pandey. If that is because he is tired after a long season then it is actually a relief. It could well be the reason. But we also have to remember that performing infront of all the selectors often make bowlers give that extra bit, atleast in 1 spell.
The point I am trying to make is that most strike bowlers, including spinners, generally get zip off the pitch, even if they are not that quick in the air. Infact that is even mote important for somebody who is not very quick in the air. In the Irani cup match , Sreesanth, Dhawal and Mithun got more zip off the pitch than Pandey. If that is because he is tired after a long season then it is actually a relief. It could well be the reason. But we also have to remember that performing infront of all the selectors often make bowlers give that extra bit, atleast in 1 spell.
Selectors were there when he took 6/54 against Mumbai in Ranji trophy.