Sachin tendulkar vs shahrukh khan

great siri

SRK is a nobody in the non hindi speaking states like Karnataka, andhra, tamil nadu, kerala etc. Sachin is famous all over India. For me, its sachin who is famous all over India.
not true :protest: SRK is famous in Kerala just like sachin

Agree with the gist of your arguement that cinema stars are naturally better predisposed when it comes to popularity polls. That however, is because of the reach of cinema. Bollywood does a better job at reaching out to the masses than cricket. But why even make a distinction. A cricketer may not be in the show business per se, but a cricketer is still an entertainer. And only when he is successful will he be in the limelight (unless he is a Sreesanth). I did a quick google search on the 10 most admired Indians and here's what I found: http://www.kiranbedi.com/update.htm Sachin Tendulkar was well ahead of SRK. In fact, SRT was rated higher in all the metros. This at a time when SRK's popularity was at his all time high. If we were to conduct the same poll today, my guess would be that SRT, who has a world cup winner's medal to his name would beat SRK (whose been making the news for all wrong reasons) by an even bigger margin. Don't you think a poll on who is valued/admired more is biased too; in favour of the cricketer? A cricketer represents India, and everything that he does on the field is perceived as something done for the nation. His glory is our glory. His victories give us bragging rights. A filmstar's sucess on the other hand, doesn't bring any glory to me or you. In that he loses out.
dated Sept 10, 2000 :punter::punter:

A loser like Shah Rukh shouldnt be compared with a legend like Sachin. Shah Rukh is actually a very poor actor and all he does are jhatka, matkas which the gays enjoy and his melodramatic over acting which idiots think is good acting. None of his movies are worth anything. Movies like Chennai Express, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ra One belong in the gutter. Inspiration for youth, my ****. If you want to watch good movies made in India, watch movies made by Shyam Benegal or Mrinal Sen or even Basu Chatterjee or Hrishikesh Mukherjee. Not this Bollywood trash.

A loser like Shah Rukh shouldnt be compared with a legend like Sachin. Shah Rukh is actually a very poor actor and all he does are jhatka, matkas which the gays enjoy and his melodramatic over acting which idiots think is good acting. None of his movies are worth anything. Movies like Chennai Express, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ra One belong in the gutter. Inspiration for youth, my ****. If you want to watch good movies made in India, watch movies made by Shyam Benegal or Mrinal Sen or even Basu Chatterjee or Hrishikesh Mukherjee. Not this Bollywood trash.
:hysterical::hysterical: