Vijay Appreciation thread.

I was talking about his handling of short pitch deliveries. Read the post I quoted above..he got out exactly the way I said.
It's hard to please you guys with anything. Looks like you guys will never be happy with whatever some players do away from home. Enjoy the runs. He put 97 away from home. Came to the team without any match practice from ODI's like some other players and with lot of criticism, and he plays such knock. Well done to Vijay. :two_thumbs_up:
Surprisingly no one is here to say anything now. Lol..
What the f*** are you talking about. He fended off. If he had left the ball he would not have got out. Your idea of bowlers will be scared to bowl short ball to you if you pull him is pure BS. Infact they will bowl more bouncers to you. Didn't you see after Rahane's pull. They put so many fielders on the leg side. Still bowled bouncers to him. If Rahane had known to leave the ball instead of taking eyes off and getting hit bowlers would have been more frustrated.
What the f*** are you talking about. He fended off. If he had left the ball he would not have got out. Your idea of bowlers will be scared to bowl short ball to you if you pull him is pure BS. Infact they will bowl more bouncers to you. Didn't you see after Rahane's pull. They put so many fielders on the leg side. Still bowled bouncers to him. If Rahane had known to leave the ball instead of taking eyes off and getting hit bowlers would have been more frustrated.
I'm talking the **** so that you would understand. Look what kohli did today. He took on short pitch deliveries and once they knew he wasn't scared of short pitch deliveries, they didn't try it much against him. Rahane got hit, credit to him he played a hook, but he got hit twice. Hence the bowlers would be encouraged to scare him more. I'm not saying Vijay didn't do well, but if he plays the hook or pull, bowlers would not keep on bowling it. Your idea of leaving the short ball with confidence was crap. Even if they bowl a crap bad short pitch delivery, bowlers know that they can keep on trying it without going for any runs.
It's hard to please you guys with anything. Looks like you guys will never be happy with whatever some players do away from home. Enjoy the runs. He put 97 away from home. Came to the team without any match practice from ODI's like some other players and with lot of criticism, and he plays such knock. Well done to Vijay. :two_thumbs_up:
agreed yaar. I'm just saying playing the pull shot would make him a better player. I have lot of respect for Vijay after what he did today.
I'm talking the **** so that you would understand. Look what kohli did today. He took on short pitch deliveries and once they knew he wasn't scared of short pitch deliveries' date=' they didn't try it much against him. Rahane got hit, credit to him he played a hook, but he got hit twice. Hence the bowlers would be encouraged to scare him more. I'm not saying Vijay didn't do well, but if he plays the hook or pull, bowlers would not keep on bowling it. Your idea of leaving the short ball with confidence was crap. Even if they bowl a crap bad short pitch delivery, bowlers know that they can keep on trying it without going for any runs.[/quote'] Duh. in the end Vijay scored more than Kohli . So what is your point. Have you never seen an Australian getting out fending a short ball? Last point is total BS. Bowling bouncer after bouncer.. you probably don't know history then. back in the days when there was no restriction of bouncers, batsmen would keep on ducking. They won't keep on hooking or pulling. That is who they played. Raina always goes for hook or pull .. why is still getting short balls? lol why bowlers are not scared?
Duh. in the end Vijay scored more than Kohli . So what is your point. Have you never seen an Australian getting out fending a short ball? Last point is total BS. Bowling bouncer after bouncer.. you probably don't know history then. back in the days when there was no restriction of bouncers' date=' batsmen would keep on ducking. They won't keep on hooking or pulling. That is who they played. Raina always goes for hook or pull .. why is still getting short balls? lol why bowlers are not scared?[/quote'] Duh. In the end I can also say that kohli scored better than Vijay in this series. That's not the point. Yes, I know the history when they kept bowling short pitch deliveries because there was no restrictions to bowl those and batsmen had to duck because u can't keep on playing it to every delivery. Again, why are keep on harping about Raina who has no technique whatsoever to play hook or pull. Look at virat, sachin or dravid. They have shown us how to do it without getting out. They too didn't play every short delivery, but badly aimed ones. Vijay needs to develop the shot so that the bowlers wouldn't keep on bowling it without the fear of getting hit for fours and sixers.
Duh. In the end I can also say that kohli scored better than Vijay in this series. That's not the point. Yes' date=' I know the history when they kept bowling short pitch deliveries because there was no restrictions to bowl those and batsmen had to duck because u can't keep on playing it to every delivery. Again, why are keep on harping about Raina who has no technique whatsoever to play hook or pull. Look at virat, sachin or dravid. They have shown us how to do it without getting out. [b']They too didn't play every short delivery, but badly aimed ones. Vijay needs to develop the shot so that the bowlers wouldn't keep on bowling it without the fear of getting hit for fours and sixers.
That theory is garbage. Told you million times.. Waste of time explaining to you. Attemping a pull or hook will increase the chance of getting out rather than leaving it. All the cricketers in the world that ever played cricket will accept that except Zanjeer who has weird theory of bowlers will be scared to bowl short balls to those who pulls and hooks
That theory is garbage. Told you million times.. Waste of time explaining to you. Attemping a pull or hook will increase the chance of getting out rather than leaving it. All the cricketers in the world that ever played cricket will accept that except Zanjeer who has weird theory of bowlers will be scared to bowl short balls to those who pulls and hooks
Also let them keep banging in it for no reason. They get tired, ball gets old and platform set for others
I'm saying what Ian Chappell was saying in a cricket match I watched. Maybe you know better than him. If you keep on leaving it, bowlers would keep on bowling it. Just like they did against Vijay and eventually they got him out. At least my theory proved it against Vijay this time around. Come back when you get it right. Adios.
Duh. in the end Vijay scored more than Kohli . So what is your point. Have you never seen an Australian getting out fending a short ball? Last point is total BS. Bowling bouncer after bouncer.. you probably don't know history then. back in the days when there was no restriction of bouncers' date=' batsmen would keep on ducking. They won't keep on hooking or pulling. That is who they played. Raina always goes for hook or pull .. why is still getting short balls? lol why bowlers are not scared?[/quote'] Back in the days, there were two kinds of batsmen - the ones who generally let the bouncers go - like Gavaskar, and the ones who took on them frequently - like Richards. Bowlers fancy their chances against batsmen who take on those bouncers, and are absolutely gutted if the batsmen repeatedly offer no stroke.