Please keep Jadeja away from TEST team!

Please keep Jadeja away from TEST team!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

^ is that intentional though' date='I dont think even he knows it will turn or not lol[/quote'] its working so far in the 3 test matches he has played. Watching him in the ODI series as well though, so many times the batsman thought the ball will turn only for it to go straight through. In todays dismissals Henriques - got out to turn, it was a perfect delivery. Not too much turn but pitched in the right position and hit the top of offstump. Clarke- ball went with the arm and clarke went for the turn Maxwell- expected some turn but ball went straight on resulting in an inside edge to dhoni Its fair to say that Jadeja appears to have more % of clean bowls than most spinners. (i dont have the stats to back it up)
its working so far in the 3 test matches he has played. Watching him in the ODI series as well though, so many times the batsman thought the ball will turn only for it to go straight through. In todays dismissals Henriques - got out to turn, it was a perfect delivery. Not too much turn but pitched in the right position and hit the top of offstump. Clarke- ball went with the arm and clarke went for the turn Maxwell- expected some turn but ball went straight on resulting in an inside edge to dhoni Its fair to say that Jadeja appears to have more % of clean bowls than most spinners. (i dont have the stats to back it up)
u cant get to statistical conclusion like he has more bowled dismissals with just 3 tests.. let him play more also one thing he does well is keep ball straight and dont give any freebies.. wickets i dont know class playrs can play him easily can be decent 3rd spinner
good post DM good analysis. is it fair to say that Jadeja relies on the angle and trajectory + varying his pace rather than actual out and out turn?
It is quite fair to say that. The advantage Jadeja has is his angle of delivery being a left arm spinner. Even if the ball holds it line the batsman becomes a LBW or bowled candidate. This can be understood by his ODI record (too few Test matches to judge as of now). Out of his 70 ODI wickets, 36 have been either LBW or Bowled. This is more than 50% of wickets out without the help of a fielder. According to VVS Laxman, as a batsman you need to play him off the pitch because there is absolutely nothing to suggest in his arm angle, seam position etc. about the ball.
u cant get to statistical conclusion like he has more bowled dismissals with just 3 tests.. let him play more also one thing he does well is keep ball straight and dont give any freebies.. wickets i dont know class playrs can play him easily can be decent 3rd spinner
not just test matches. Even the ODIs he had played. I remember when England were playing India recently, my office co worker who is a big England cricket fans said the same thing to me. That players while facing jadeja play for the spin which does not happen and the ball sails through the gate. From Jadeja being in the Indian team, though it still raises the question if he good enough to play as an allrounder?

Same thing happened in ODI series against England and Pak series as well. They couldnt pick which one is going to turn and which wont. He becomes a much better bowler when ball starts to turn. Jadeja has been impressive after his comeback. When he started out, he was just a hit-me bowler.

his 11 wickets so far include KP(twice),Clarke(twice) and Trott once:P
Same thing happened in ODI series against England and Pak series as well. They couldnt pick which one is going to turn and which wont. He becomes a much better bowler when ball starts to turn. Jadeja has been impressive after his comeback. When he started out, he was just a hit-me bowler.
agree

the biggest question mark with regards to jadeja is what do we classify him as? If he continues like this then is he a bowler who can bat a bit. Based on the above, do we play him as a frontline bowler and boost the batting?

It is quite fair to say that. The advantage Jadeja has is his angle of delivery being a left arm spinner. Even if the ball holds it line the batsman becomes a LBW or bowled candidate. This can be understood by his ODI record (too few Test matches to judge as of now). Out of his 70 ODI wickets' date=' 36 have been either LBW or Bowled. This is more than 50% of wickets out without the help of a fielder.[b'] According to VVS Laxman, as a batsman you need to play him off the pitch because there is absolutely nothing to suggest in his arm angle, seam position etc. about the ball.
This becomes difficult because he also bowls at a good pace, 90-100 kmph giving batsmen less time to react.

Lets just hope that Jadeja gets some runs in this match he does average 50 with the bat in the ranji. While that is inflated due to playing on dud pitches I still think he should be averaging in the 30s in the subcontinent.

^ is that intentional though' date='I dont think even he knows it will turn or not lol[/quote'] these can bw natural variations which most spinners have. Due to this, Swann is so dangerous against Lefties because they are unsure of which ball will turn which not.
Lets just hope that Jadeja gets some runs in this match he does average 50 with the bat in the ranji. While that is inflated due to playing on dud pitches I still think he should be averaging in the 30s in the subcontinent.
++

Jadeja's attitude simply puts him above the rest of his comparables in the Indian team IMO. Jadeja has no tricks up his sleeve.. but he knows how to bowl smart and be consistent with it for the most part. Moreover, he is better than average with the bat. He has my 2 thumbs up for staying in the team in both formats (at least for now).

yes' date='very empressive from jadeja,i think he bowls like hafeez?[/quote'] no way dude. Hafees is more classic off spin and bowls close to the wicket. Jadeja prefers the angle. Its similar to Yuvraj singh but with more control than yuvi