Why Tendulkar must retire now

He did when he scored a century in first test against england.Even Pujara' date='kohli would have done but the next round of whitewashes will make sure it happens.[/quote'] In that case, Dhoni better than Sehwag because he scored a 224 against Australia. Here's something - I think McGrath would've been a better captain than Steve Waugh/Mark Taylor. Since everything is hypothetical the least we can do is be funny.
In that case, Dhoni better than Sehwag because he scored a 224 against Australia. Here's something - I think McGrath would've been a better captain than Steve Waugh/Mark Taylor. Since everything is hypothetical the least we can do is be funny. :rofl:
No joke :nono: I didn't mean after the SA series btw, I meant after the next round of whitewashes :--D
What if we get to SA and he starts getting out to Robin Petersen? :(( Or worse still fricking Tahir? :(( :(( It is sad that this is happening now, these average bollers repeatedly dismissing him in a series for 10s and 20s.
Tahir is still better. He got out to Steven Smith, salt on the wounds.:((
In that case, Dhoni better than Sehwag because he scored a 224 against Australia. Here's something - I think McGrath would've been a better captain than Steve Waugh/Mark Taylor. Since everything is hypothetical the least we can do is be funny. :rofl:
I wish u were there after the eng series.
Haramuk's theories are cynical. His sense of idealism is quite extra-ordinary. You can't have careers like a museum - there will be ups/downs' date=' nemesis/bunnies for every player! By that standards, one can call anyone to be "over rated".[/quote']The word "over rated" is very relative. That does not necessarily mean one is bad or not great. It's only that things are exaggerated in certain cases more than others. For example I can say Warne is overrated and at the same time call a domestic spinner overrated too. It all depends on what the context is.
What is the 20, you listed there? What again is Warne's bowling average versus India in Tests? What is it while bowling in India in Tests?
Ok.. Overall avg 26. avg against India in India - 45. Diff - 19 ~ 20. For Murali do the same thing it will be around 54-55.
You can embellish all you want with Murali's exploits in Australia. I have no issues with it, but mind you I have in above posts explained why I think Warne is overated.
And I explained in the post above (and in the current post above as you had difficulty understanding) by the same logic Murali is also overrated. So basis of your logic is --->:hysterical:
Sachin's level in Tests is the same as that of Dravid and Laxman. So I am fine with the world I live in, unlike the fanatcial and hero-worship world you live in.
Then he is also overrated. Rated way above RD, Laxman by so many people that there must be some truth.
I wish u were there after the eng series.
There is nothing about England series which will change my mind. I find the reasons you give filled with fallacy. Dhoni is a defensive captain - I can agree. It's an entire stretch to hypothetically suggest a cardboard can do better. Also, I don't see anyone commenting on his WK skills when he's doing good. On the contrary, when he has a bad day in the office you have people flock in like vultures. These comments can be taken seriously IF you provide both perspectives. Just providing one of the two makes it an inherent bias.
The word "over rated" is very relative. That does not necessarily mean one is bad or not great. It's only that things are exaggerated in certain cases more than others. For example I can say Warne is overrated and at the same time call a domestic spinner overrated too. It all depends on what the context is.
Your method of saying someone is "over rated" is ... well over rated. You can't say - "You know Warne didn't perform well against India therefore, he's over rated". The max. you can assert is that Warne's blot on his career was that he didn't perform well against India in India. This does not make Warne over rated - this makes Indian batsmen better players of Warne's spin than other batsmen in similar conditions.

He has become a joke of a player now. Somehow thinks he is entitled to his spot in the team no matter how much he sucks. This is what you get when you put one person so high up when compared to the rest, he himself believes that he is so superior that none of the rules like performance etc apply to him.

If you look closer you might actually see the so called "ecperienced" folks were the reason for the white washed in the first place. We had to kick out most of those guys bar one to win this series. If we had stuck to the same lineup we would have lost to Aus at home too. No captain in the world will win you much unless your batsmen can at least bat through a day and score 300+ at minimum. Clarke was hailed such a great and aggressive captain before the series and we have all seen what happened when batsmen don't put up runs or you don't have bowlers to take wkts or exert control in those conditions.
100% :agree:
He has become a joke of a player now. Somehow thinks he is entitled to his spot in the team no matter how much he sucks. This is what you get when you put one person so high up when compared to the rest' date=' he himself believes that he is so superior that none of the rules like performance etc apply to him.[/quote'] Exactly. As a Test player, I never personally rated him higher than Rahul Dravid, who in my opinion was a much superior Test match batsman. He was more sensible also, retiring when he was at the top of his game. SRT is just trying to get as many personal milestones knocked out as he can.