The most consistent team of IPL -- Chennai Super Kings -- Discussion thread 2013

Sidhoni

so why has the FairPlay Table been removed from the IPL website :hmmm:
Maybe because it was only limited to league stage
sidhoni came back from CSK board meeting :giggle:
:giggle:
Happy days... The Mascot is back... :yay:
:dance:

WTF? I was barely offline for some 20 hours and the poor hater already having a field day over it.
and it was during those "barely 20" hours that a lot of drama happened and the CEO/Team Principal of the "best" team was arrested - and you, as usual, were not there when the team was in trouble :giggle:

and it was during those "barely 20" hours that a lot of drama happened and the CEO/Team Principal of the "best" team was arrested - and you' date=' as usual, were not there when the team was in trouble :giggle:[/quote'] Is the team out of trouble now? So why am I here? Your logic :fail:

Is the team out of trouble now? So why am I here? Your logic :fail:
Its not in much trouble as much as it is an hour back. It will play final tomorrow , Seeni mamo wont resign yet :two_thumbs_up:

From Ci comments..

I am sure MSD and co will come hard on Mumbai tomo to show their dedication towards their love on game and fans..... Go CSK.... lift the trophy and prove we are not corrupt...... should jail the corrupt bugs for contaminating the taste of game...
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Fan Reaction: Come down like a ton of bricks Quite famously the BCCI President, N. Srinivasan used this idiom only last week when the spot fixing controversy emerged for the first time. He was right in the choice of words because the kind of treachery, the players were involved was of the highest order of magnitude in team sport. While team sport breathes unity, fixing kills the very essence of even playing the game which is why the choice of words would always be appreciated. But in less than a week's time, the earth shattering news hits all of us when the owner of the Chennai franchise, is arrested for betting in the T20 League matches. The last couple of hours that I spent my time on social media, I see my anti-Chennai friends pouring in a lot of sympathy and pity for the die-hard fans who have been through everything for the team and the team alone. The love with Super Kings dates back to the moment the Indian T20 League started. The brand, with every passing year kept touching heights which other teams could only dream of. The kind of cricket, MS Dhoni and his men showcased on the field, year after year, brought coerced appreciations even from critics who simply are jealous by the success of the Super Kings. Tonight, it has all fallen down like a pack of cards. We ruled the T20 League like an immortal emperor never to be conquered! Despite the continued issues with the BCCI boss and the conflict of interest problems, the fan following never deceased. 'That' night would long be remembered because it was that kind of a night which took everything away from us, most prominently our heroes who seldom let us down. As I write all this, I feel terribly bereaved. I increased my volume in my television set when Matthew Hayden came for a commentary stint during the Border-Gavaskar Trophy earlier in the summer. He spoke at length about how much he loved to be part of the Chennai side. He spoke about how much he admired the man in charge, MS Dhoni. You could as well sense the fact that the words spoken on air were all coming straight from his heart. There was an unsaid team bonding created within a span of three years. Muttaih Muralitharan reminded R Ashwin on a TV show that it was Chennai which didn't pick him during auctions and he would have indeed loved to part of their side. Scott Styris, who is no more part of the team, still backs the side despite being on the other side of the world. These are just a few stories of the foreign players who have been thorough professionals and have shared great memories with that yellow jersey in this league. MS Dhoni is as much an adopted son of the land, given the amount of love people have for him from Chennai and other part of Tamil Nadu. The adulation is something unprecedented so much so that there is a street named after Dhoni in Madurai. Suresh Raina is considered "Chinna Thala" (Little Leader, literally). He is the heir apparent for the throne among the fans. And then the sons of the land - Ravichandran Ashwin, Subramaniam Badrinath, Murali Vijay and a host of other youngsters who've been part of this set up for a long time now. Chennai never really had exemplary international cricketers to boast about. So when this team brought unprecedented laurels to the city and truck load of pride, fans started to adore the team. Till date, the love for Chennai is all about the unconditional and unabashed love for this team. Every time I see Dhoni face on the television set, I scream out aloud here. He has been the quintessential figure who has made all the success possible. Now as I see the scandal break out rather disgracefully, my heart goes to those cricketers who've put their body and soul to bring CSK to 5th final in 6 years. Just take a drive through those nostalgic moments of pride and glory. Close your eyes and you would see a punch on his own face after Dhoni deposits Irfan Pathan into those Himalayan ranges, Matthew Hayden's celebration after plucking Keiron Pollard at straightish mid-off in the T20-League 2010 final, The Albie Morkel monster at Chepauk a couple of years ago, the forward diving Suresh Raina dismissing Saurabh Tiwary in the all important T20-League final in 2010, Michael Hussey sweating profusely and saying it's not yet the hottest day in Chennai after scoring a magnificent 95 against KKR and fielding even more brilliantly on the ropes to win a tight game this season, Muralitharan and Sudeep Tyagi running wild out of the dugout after the famous Dharamshala win and the Dwayne Bravo fielding efforts every time he walks on the field. Every time these cricketers walk in, they have never really cared about their bodies when they put it under the line of fire. As fans we have stood by our heroes, like nobody else does. These men on the field have given us great joy that we boast about all day and night. A day doesn't go without arguing vociferously with other fans (read the Anti-CSK fans!) at every possible post. We spend a lot of time on the social network fighting against the unfathomable arguments thrown at us. Just like the team, we never gave up and more often than not there was a sense of belief that CSK would triumph! That I was also remotely associated as a fan, with this CSK journey will make it even more memorable irrespective where this team goes now. But the recent events have destroyed it all. Potentially, as it stands this team could be terminated with immediate effect. Arguably, the greatest T20 team in the short history is close to being shown the door. On Sunday, we might possibly see the last time the men in yellow would fight together. It could be a weird feeling for Dhoni and his men because it is not often that a team plays a farewell game. There is another possibility that the Chennai would not even be at Eden Gardens on Sunday. Next year when we switch on to see the T20 League we could as well see Dhoni wearing a new colored jersey much like Raina or Faf du Plessis. Each of these teammates could also be potentially playing for different franchises. Whatever happens, the stories of pride wouldn't die whatsoever. In a land where Bangalore is the most favorite team, I could wear my Chennai jersey and wrist band imperturbably. The respect is unsaid and immense. Quite recently, I went to a Konkani mess near my home in Mysore for lunch. The family which prepares food for us would not even speak in Kannada. They speak in Konkani or Tulu. I receive a phone call and my phone rings with the Chennai anthem as ring tone. Much to her joy, she finds that my phone has a Dhoni and Raina wallpaper all in yellow. The small 8-yr old girl springs up and runs to find where the song comes from. When I asked her which team she supports, she didn't say Bangalore. She said, "Chennai." She said she was going with her cousins to support the Super Kings in Bangalore on 18th May. Spare a thought for the kid now.