Dear Virat! Mumbai says Hi!

Prakat

Pathetic Mumbai crowd. Firstly calling someone a cheater, questioning his integrity because you have nothing better to do. Then to move to homophobic chants Stay classy Mumbai
they are at the ground watching the match. They really do have nothing to do. its hardly as if they follow him to his house and call him a cheater.

IMO, no Indian player should complain about being booed by the crowd because the same bunch praise to you 7th heaven if you help India win one game. They don't complain then (excessive praises ?), then I guess they should just accept the fact that the fans are fickle and move on with their game."

Fixed!
Haha! Crowds jeer opposition players ... that is how sports and stadiums work. It's true for all sports all around the world. Ever played in a local club tournament which a crowd is watching?
Played for my University Squash team.....I know the hostility that exists.....bhai....i had team mates from padosi mulk....and you know how they can be.....they were my seniors and I didn't really want to disrupt the cordiality so I just did my job and played my matches.....but I never really enjoyed the abuse our supporters would dish out to others......particularly because sometimes the opposition were my jigris from school.......sorry for derailing.....

Pathetic Mumbai crowd. Firstly calling someone a cheater, questioning his integrity because you have nothing better to do. Then to move to homophobic chants Stay classy Mumbai
The 'homophobic' chant is something that happened in 2010. Not connected to this chant. 'Cheater' is just silly banter. Hilarious to see the OTT reactions to such inane banter.

The 'homophobic' chant is something that happened in 2010. Not connected to this chant. 'Cheater' is just silly banter. Hilarious to see the OTT reactions to such inane banter.
it happens at every ground in india dude. Its just not said in unison. The only thing which works for and against the wankhede crowd is that they are extremely organised, which makes the chants heard clearly by all.

Played for my University Squash team.....I know the hostility that exists.....bhai....i had team mates from padosi mulk....and you know how they can be.....they were my seniors and I didn't really want to disrupt the cordiality so I just did my job and played my matches.....but I never really enjoyed the abuse our supporters would dish out to others......particularly because sometimes the opposition were my jigris from school.......sorry for derailing.....
Okay. So you have an idea about the nature of a crowd. They'll make you a hero if they support you, and make fun of you if they oppose you. Should be accepted as normal.

I would also like to add, that in the recent series v Aus. There were many at the grounds in Chennai, Hyderabad, Mohali and Delhi who were cheering for Viru Pujara Vijay and Dhavan to get out just so they could watch sachin. Such a thing would never happen in Mumbai. While Sachin is the son of Mumbai the crowd have always put the team they support above it all. In the series v England the crowd did cheer when sachin came to bat. However nobody was cheering for the openers and Pujara above Sachin to get out. They are also supported in equal gusto.

I would also like to add, that in the recent series v Aus. There were many at the grounds in Chennai, Hyderabad, Mohali and Delhi who were cheering for Viru Pujara Vijay and Dhavan to get out just so they could watch sachin. Such a thing would never happen in Mumbai. While Sachin is the son of Mumbai the crowd have always put the team they support above it all. In the series v England the crowd did cheer when sachin came to bat. However nobody was cheering for the openers and Pujara above Sachin to get out. They are also supported in equal gusto.
Not true really. :cantstop: People were dancing with joy when Gambo got out in the 3rd Test against WI since Sachin would come in. Happens in every stadium :--D

considering CNN IBN and DNA have the same paragraph (ironically at the end of their articles as well) about Gavaskar dont you think its taken from the same supposed source? Plus its the Indian media. Hardly the hall mark of the truth.
So i should believe u rather than what credible (IBN is credible) media reports say?

Not true really. :cantstop: People were dancing with joy when Gambo got out in the 3rd Test against WI since Sachin would come in. Happens in every stadium :--D
yeah but that was because sachin was coming to bat. I did not see them supporting the opposition appeals to get Gambhir out. Sure they are happy to see sachin whenever he comes out. But thats different from actively wanting playing to get out.

I would also like to add, that in the recent series v Aus. There were many at the grounds in Chennai, Hyderabad, Mohali and Delhi who were cheering for Pujara Vijay and Dhavan to get out just so they could watch sachin. Such a thing would never happen in Mumbai. While Sachin is the son of Mumbai the crowd have always put the team they support above it all. In the series v England the crowd did cheer when sachin came to bat. However nobody was cheering for the openers and Pujara above Sachin to get out. They are also supported in equal gusto.
Such things only happen in India......extreme forms of hero worship and all......absolutely hate it......Aussies and English can be a-holes themselves but they are always about the collective when it comes down to it.....Not in India.....still remember how pissed off I was when I checked the papers the day after Sachin scored his 100th 100......absolutely cringeworthy.....