Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/ipl/live-sreesanths-father-blames-dhoni-harbhajan-for-arrest-787311.html
11:20 am: Sreesanth’s father blames Harbhajan and Dhoni for his arrest Sreesanth’s father alleged on Malayala Manorama news channel that he was trapped due to a joint conspiracy by Dhoni and Harbhajan. “Since he spoke against Harbhajan on Twitter, they had decided to take him out, †his father said. Sreesanth was very close to Dhoni and knew many of his personal details, his father said, without explicitly saying what it had to do with this case. “Dhoni had threatened him that he would never be taken back in the test side.†his father said. His brother in law, Madhu Balakrishnan, a prominent south Indian playback singer, said that the trap was a plot to destroy Sreesanth’s marriage plans.Sreesanth is highly principled and pious and cannot do this, his mother said. “He is innocent, this is a conspiracy to defame him,†his mother told CNN-IBN.
plot to destroy marriage plans :confused:
While I am not surprised and sensed this coming a mile away' date=' I find it sad that this will give the English commentators and journalists more reasons to bash the IPL.[/quote'] you should see what they are saying on twitter.
No' date=' spot fixing was proved in UK courts in previous season. They also had such cricketers in county.[/quote'] No I wasn't saying that spot fixing is impossible in England. What I meant what this will give them more ammo against the IPL.
I don't think I even want to. They have been painting India as cricket's "evil force" for a while now. Did you read Malcolm Conn's latest article?
malcolm conn has been painting anything asian as evil for a decade now
Our sensationalist news media is having a great day. Whatever happened to 'innocent till proven guilty'? Doesn't matter' date=' the accused are crucified already.[/quote'] They are reporting the news of their arrests. Which is fair. Any media, anywhere would do the same. Look at the English media during the spot fixing news