Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

According to our resident experts, when players did bet/fix they were supposed to know that the underworld is involved and hence MCOCA is totally on. Did the courts take this brilliant observation into consideration? Anyways, finally better sense prevailed. Yes these guys did spot fix and must be held accountable for the crimes committed, however the allegations must match the evidence. Thankfully our courts still seem to have some common sense.

According to our resident experts' date=' when players did bet/fix they were supposed to know that the underworld is involved and hence MCOCA is totally on. Did the courts take this brilliant observation into consideration?[/quote'] Courts released 2G Raja also. Just becauae some one didnt convicted doesnt mean he is innocent.

Hopefully, DD police can reevaluate their own situation now. Their utter confidence and misuse of the laws deserve greater questioning. And certainly, I would want to hear a lot from these players. Sreesanth in particular is an interesting case as there is absolutely no sort of direct implication out there against him.

Forced to name Raj Kundra: Umesh Goenka

Refuting the Delhi Police’s claim that he confessed to betting, Umesh Goenka — suspended Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra’s business partner — on Wedneday told a Sessions Court that he was tortured while in police custody and was forced to accept before a magistrate the charges of placing bets. Goenka told the court that he had been “traumatised” and “physically abused” by the Delhi Police while in their custody. He also claimed that the police had threatened him with further physical abuse and had told him that they would book him under the stringent provisions of MCOCA if he did not name Kundra in his ‘confession’. In his application for retraction of his June 5 statement to the police, Goenka said, “Due to threats, torture and extreme fear of consequences on refusing to comply with the diktats of the police, I made the statement before the magistrate. It was not made voluntarily and was given under duress on directions of police.” In his statement to the police, Goenka had said Kundra too used to place bets on his own team. The Sessions Court has now asked the Special Cell of the Delhi Police to file its reply by June 14. Goenka told the court that the police had abducted him from his house in Ahmedabad on June 2, illegally detained him and pressurised him to make a statement as per their own instructions. “... I was asked to confess to my involvement in betting and also name Raj Kundra. When I refused to do so, I was put in a lockup and then produced before Special CP. I was not allowed to meet my relatives” he said. He added that when he claimed innocence, the cops “slapped him, removed his clothes and tortured him physically, delivering fists and blows and slapped on his face so hard” that “his right ear drum got ruptured”. Chhota Shakeel’s aide arrested The Delhi Police arrested 38-year-old Firoz Ansari, a close aide of underworld don Chhota Shakeel by in Mumbai on Wednesday. Sources claimed that the Mumbai underworld used violence during IPL-6 to rope in people who did not comply with their promises.
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/1847392/report-forced-to-name-raj-kundra-umesh-goenka