Pujara v Kohli

Pujara v Kohli  

1. 1.

That 75 not out on such a difficult surface reminded me of back in the day when Tendulkar made 114 on that Perth ground. :hatsoff: Having seen both innings ball by ball live I'd have to say Kohli's one was better. So people vote for Kohli people...
whos saying that wasnt a good knock? :dontknow:
That 75 not out on such a difficult surface reminded me of back in the day when Tendulkar made 114 on that Perth ground. :hatsoff: Having seen both innings ball by ball live I'd have to say Kohli's one was better. So people vote for Kohli people...
How old are you?:nervous:

We should really let the kids be and save this thread for 2016 or something. At this point, this comparison is lame. One thing is pretty clear about the two: Pujara has a stronger defensive technique than Kohli (because Pujara is more keenly aware where his Off stump is, i think) but Kohli has a greater range of strokes he is comfortable playing and as such, is a better attacker. Make of that what you will, but either way, they have a lot to prove before we can start to compare them or take them as granted.

We should really let the kids be and save this thread for 2016 or something. At this point, this comparison is lame. One thing is pretty clear about the two: Pujara has a stronger defensive technique than Kohli (because Pujara is more keenly aware where his Off stump is, i think) but Kohli has a greater range of strokes he is comfortable playing and as such, is a better attacker. Make of that what you will, but either way, they have a lot to prove before we can start to compare them or take them as granted.
Rat is 24 and Pujara is 25, not really kids. Sachin at 24 was India's best batsman across all generations
Rat is 24 and Pujara is 25' date=' not really kids. Sachin at 24 was India's best batsman across all generations[/quote'] Sachin at 24 had almost 8 years of international experience and played as much as most people aged 30 do. 24-25 is still very much kids stage for the average debuting age youngsters (debut at 20/21), especially when they have less than 20 tests and 100 ODIs, they are definitely newbies. Sachin cannot be compared, he is the best batsman for practically any aged batsman below the age of 25. He is the best 16,17,18 year old to play the game. So put Sachin aside for a moment, these guys will never match him in the age vs experience department.

Pujara is the better batsman, by a margin , in tests played in India. Regarding tests outside the subcontinent, Pujara has to perform. Currently ,we cannot compare this aspect. Kohli , with scores of 75, 44 and 116, in Australia, has started to perform on bouncy pitches. I want both of them to perform overseas desperately. In ODIs, Kohli is exceptional. The very best. But, Pujara has played only 2 ODIs. So, it is not fair to compare here too. Who, knows how good Pujara can be ? He should get into the ODI team.