Rafa-you rock!

vamos_rafa

Bones.. you have lot of funny bones :hysterical:. You definitely seem to have something personal against Rafa.
There was a time early on, when he was just a boy, I liked Nadal. I thought he was fresh and exciting, but soon I got fed up of him. He's a grinder, almost anti tennis. Then I started to see his bad sportsmanship, which everyone overlooks. It has continued over the years, but because the camera doesn't always catch these things, they are overlooked. I then started to really hate him, he would be obnoxious towards the ball boys when he was losing, demanding the towel and balls, to vent his frustration. You can find numerous episodes of his bad gamesmanship: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FnBi__R4Fs]Rafael Nadal Unsportsmanlike - Lukas Rosol - Second Round Wimbledon 2012 - YouTube[/ame] The other thing which happened that I really disliked about him was he started complain about a lot of things on court and his uncle behind the scenes was the same. So after almost a decade we're now at a point where I find this guy absolutely vile. Yesterday and that moment in the 3rd set when he pointed to the wrong spot and got the point given to him at a key stage of the match, just how much of a bad sportsman he is. Look on the internet and you'll find numerous articles about the cover up of his drug take as well, the Spanish are famous for that. Nadal has also taken advice during matches too: http://www.aolnews.com/2010/09/30/its-time-to-stop-rafael-nadals-cheating/ In 2010 vs Djokovic at the US Open Nadal was struggling at one point and looked to his corner for advice, which turned out to be crucial. That was the final straw, that was when many neutrals wanted Nadal to lose every single match he played. It was so sweet what happened in 2011, when Djokovic's glucose problem was resolved and he could finally play without being handicapped. It was a joy for me and most of the tennis world, Nadal got to the top in dubious ways, Djokovic got to the top through hard work and effort. Djokovic beat Nadal in 6/7 straight finals that year. I'll have to dig up the other incidents, but Nadal is also taking so many time outs at key moments for example: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2K5M0vzQIY]Arrogant Nadal is cheating against Federer - YouTube[/ame]

Since returning in February from a seven-month layoff because of a left knee injury, Nadal is 42-2, winning his past 21 matches in a row, and on the verge of his seventh title this year. He improved to 17-3 in Grand Slam semifinals and has won 20 of his past 21 matches against top 10 players

You can't debate because whilst I do have a lot of hate and anger right now' date=' the points are all valid.[/quote'] I won't debate for 2 reasons. I don't have such unnecessary hatred. Secondly, you seem to think your points are all valid. As far as unsportsmanlike behaviour goes, that can be extended to almost every possible player. There would always be a moment or 2 where a player would act in this manner. One example of it is Federer crying during the presentation ceremony of '09 Oz Open. You can keep on ranting about all the things but fact of the matter does not change!

Fed crying was NOT unsportsman like behaviour. IN fact he had the grace enough to say- I should let Rafa have the last word- it just showed how much it mattered to him. That is not to say fed has not been ungracious and unsportsmanlike. For eg When Novak hit THAT unbelievable forehand return en route to winning their US Open Semi in 2011 he called it lucky. Which is might have been, but for Novak to go for that even showed incredible cojones

Tennis is a fair sport, and if somebody deserves to win titles, to be in the finals of a grand slam, it's David," said Nadal. "It's like Andy at the US Open. He deserved to be the winner of a grand slam because he was in that position to be the winner a lot of times. "The person who is not respecting David as one of the greatest players of the world - and not for one year, for a long time - it's because that person doesn't know anything about tennis." The mantra of Nadal's lifelong coach, his uncle Toni Nadal, has always been that his nephew should never assume he is superior to anyone, so it is not a surprise to hear him talking up an opponent.

Fed crying was NOT unsportsman like behaviour. IN fact he had the grace enough to say- I should let Rafa have the last word- it just showed how much it mattered to him. That is not to say fed has not been ungracious and unsportsmanlike. For eg When Novak hit THAT unbelievable forehand return en route to winning their US Open Semi in 2011 he called it lucky. Which is might have been, but for Novak to go for that even showed incredible cojones
There are always 2 ways to look at it. I have no problems with what federer did but to an extent what it did o was to steal the limelight away from rafa. I am not saying that federer did it intentionally but that's what my point was. Bones says rafa went for a pee just before federer was about to serve for the match was blatant cheating. As a sportsman, you are always expected to give the highest regards to your opponent once you win or lose. That's y the handshaking gestures are made. Federer crying may not have been cheating but it left a bad taste in the mouth. PS- I am a rafa fan yes, but I don't hate federer.

Bones says rafa went for a pee just before federer was about to serve for the match was blatant cheating.
I said it was bad gamesmanship, but he's known to do this a lot and we've seen him cheat to. Novak, Roger and Murray have all also made mistakes in their careers, but collectively, none of them have produced the number of bad gamesmanship moments that Nadal has. Whenever Nadal loses, the fans of Djokovic, Fed and Murray collectively celebrate. Yet when one of the other three loses, only the fans of that player are disappointed. When Nadal does eventually put up his boots, he will go down as an all time great tennis player, but tennis fans will cheer, because it will be the end of one a very bad role model.

What remains is Nadal’s natural ease of movement on a surface that is widely and misleadingly considered a defender’s paradise. “While it’s easy to move on for your body, it’s really tough to play defense on,†Courier said. “People get a misconception that this is a great surface these days for people who are retrievers. It’s much easier to be a great retriever on a hardcourt, because you have more to push off on. You can wrong-foot people on this surface more than any other
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/sports/tennis/a-review-of-nadals-look-mannerisms-and-game.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&smid=tw-share

Tennis legend. Nobody has won any major more than 7 times so far. He has broken an all-time tennis record winning FO a record 8th time. Truly great athlete. :hatsoff: I broke Ferrer mentally than any tennis skill. Too bad. Can anybody other than the top 4 seeds win any major? It's always one of the top 3 , only Andy in US Open and Olympics last year.

There was a time early on, when he was just a boy, I liked Nadal. I thought he was fresh and exciting, but soon I got fed up of him. He's a grinder, almost anti tennis. Then I started to see his bad sportsmanship, which everyone overlooks. It has continued over the years, but because the camera doesn't always catch these things, they are overlooked. I then started to really hate him, he would be obnoxious towards the ball boys when he was losing, demanding the towel and balls, to vent his frustration. You can find numerous episodes of his bad gamesmanship:
The other thing which happened that I really disliked about him was he started complain about a lot of things on court and his uncle behind the scenes was the same. So after almost a decade we're now at a point where I find this guy absolutely vile. Yesterday and that moment in the 3rd set when he pointed to the wrong spot and got the point given to him at a key stage of the match, just how much of a bad sportsman he is. Look on the internet and you'll find numerous articles about the cover up of his drug take as well, the Spanish are famous for that. Nadal has also taken advice during matches too: http://www.aolnews.com/2010/09/30/its-time-to-stop-rafael-nadals-cheating/ In 2010 vs Djokovic at the US Open Nadal was struggling at one point and looked to his corner for advice, which turned out to be crucial. That was the final straw, that was when many neutrals wanted Nadal to lose every single match he played. It was so sweet what happened in 2011, when Djokovic's glucose problem was resolved and he could finally play without being handicapped. It was a joy for me and most of the tennis world, Nadal got to the top in dubious ways, Djokovic got to the top through hard work and effort. Djokovic beat Nadal in 6/7 straight finals that year. I'll have to dig up the other incidents, but Nadal is also taking so many time outs at key moments for example: Arrogant Nadal is cheating against Federer - YouTube
this add that rant against berdtch inWTF,soderling at wibledon .hence my hate for rafa

he was not injured' date='it was a silent ban :P[/quote'] quite a few people tried to raise this insinuation but failed to find any credence and murmurs died down quietly.these are nothing but desperte attempts by haters to malign a great champio and legend.