Wimbledon 2013

Sachin=GOD

I know that he never won and it was talking point all the time in late 80's whenever wimbledon was around the corner. He can be considered a player who prepared blue-print for curent generation of players like Djoko and Murray.
Yeah, hard hitting iron willed resilient base liner...I know you know your tennis so was surprised by what seemed like you asking if he really hasnt !... Anyway Murray did say that in his speech, I think he was saying- this one is for you Ivan...

That's because England actually isn't a country. England being forced to have it's own team is actually unfair. It's like India not having a cricket team but Andhra Pradesh fielding a team for international matches. It's for the sake of stupid tradition. We see how good a British Rugby team is with the recent lions tour.

England can't for once produce a player from their country to win something. :laugh:
Betsy B Mathieson ‏@BetsyBBahrain If Andy had lost #Wimbledon it would have been "Scot Loses" but as he's won its "Brit Wins". Wrong I know but a fact nevertheless #Scotland

That's because England actually isn't a country. England being forced to have it's own team is actually unfair. It's like India not having a cricket team but Andhra Pradesh fielding a team for international matches. It's for the sake of stupid tradition. We see how good a British Rugby team is with the recent lions tour.
england is not a country? this is news to me,next you will be telling me its not part of great britain.

Usually Djoko rules from Baseline but today he wasn't feeling that confident and was rushing to net to cut points short or was playing slices as Sooda also pointed out. Rallies from baseline take lot out of the body, a single long rally can leave you flat on the court, and the way Djoko was trying to cut short points it was clear that he is tired. Del Potro duel took left Djoko completely exhausted and he didn't have enough in tank to fight out today. Having said that, Djokovic-Del Potro remains best match of the tournament.
Djoko was out of breath very early. They say this was the hottest final in the last 37 years temperaturewise. Fatigue got to Djoko. He was making elementary errors. You have to have great net game to cut short rallies . He was in the game when he was serving for second set.. The loss of 4 points in a row to concede a break , hurt him mentally .

people have been going on and on and on about how Murray is the first one form Briton to win Wimbledon in 77 years but actually some women have also won the title in between.
I believe they were referring to the men championship.

:whine: Why is it "unfair"? By your Najafgarh logic, all countries in the world must have equal size for any sport to be considered fair. For once, just deal with some realities, can you?

:whine: Why is it "unfair"? By your Najafgarh logic, all countries in the world must have equal size for any sport to be considered fair. For once, just deal with some realities, can you?
i have noticed you use the whine smiley a lot :sherlock: