Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??

Sachin tendulkar vs Ms Dhoni :Who is India`s greatest Odi cricketer of all time ??  

1. 1.

agreed...............World Cup matches against Pakistan come with no pressure at all and he only got 4 Man of the Match awards there. Besides' date=' having probably the most number of fans in World Cricket (you may call them fanatics) who demand a century everytime he steps on to the field is also no pressure.[/quote'] Hes played for over 20 years , its not surprising hes played some great innings .
the "some" great innings you are talking about are probably more than the nest 2-3 guys on the list put together.
None of these great innings would make it to top5 or may be even top 10 . Virat has already played 2 innings which was just unreal ( the one against SL would be my best ODI knock) . MSD's 183 was another one man show . Razzaqs knock against SA . Gibbs against Aus chasing 434
None of these great innings would make it to top5 or may be even top 10 . Virat has already played 2 innings which was just unreal ( the one against SL would be my best ODI knock) . MSD's 183 was another one man show . Razzaqs knock against SA . Gibbs against Aus chasing 434
out of all your statements in this thread, this one is probably the most comical.

Desert storm knock Century in first CT 98 against Australia (Knockout game) Top scored in both 96 and 2011 wc semis for India Century and 90 odd in both the CB series finals 98 in centurion against Pak 03. Just matches u can remember without searching Statsguru.All high pressure games. As a batsman there is Sachin then Daylight then the likes of Dhoni and Ganguly for me.For every failure of Sachin u can point to fauilures of Dhoni or Ganguly too in big games. Captaining Indian Team and winning the world cup is the biggest performance one can give regardless the amount of runs one can score.So as a cricketer Dhoni definitely deserves to be ranked as one of our greatest along with Kapil Sachin and Ganguly in ODIs. Sachin is still the best but if we were to retain the world cup in 2015 then Dhoni will be our best ODI cricketer bar none for me.

If one can rate Jayasuriya's 189 over Steve Waugh's 120 or Sachin's desert storn' date=' then you certainly know the credibitliy of it![/quote'] wisden list :beee: more than desert storm , his 98 vs pak shld be in top 5 .. again the list was composed b4 that
Why are people so angry over this ? On what basis are people choosing SRT? Excellence and Longevity ? In that case, I have already conceded that SRT is #1 in my previous post. Batting Average ? MSD has a better average. Intangibles?Aura? MSD has those as well. I mean, if the poll was about who the best ODI batsman is,I would choose SRT in a heartbeat. But this is about who the better ODI player is. This is about being able to contribute in various disciplines. This is about leadership. Captaincy might be overrated, but it is underrated as well. Never has a crown rested so easy on a man. A man that keeps wickets all day long, captains the team , is a leader and wins matches for India? No offense to SRT, but there is your winner right there.
As I mentioned earlier, let Dhoni score 100 runs in a single innings outside Asia then we can talk.
wisden list :beee: more than desert storm , his 98 vs pak shld be in top 5 .. again the list was composed b4 that
how about desert storm - if that doesn't deserve to be in the top 3 then I don't know which innings does... and that 189 by Jayasurya is seriously not good enough to be anywhere near the top 10.
desert storm or 2003 WC against Pak or CB series Finals knocks' date=' 175 against Aus, century in '98 CT against Aus, 200* against SA etc not even in top 20 and this list is supposed to be credible :rofl:[/quote'] :poink: search for tendulkar :beee: desert storm innings is there .. again.. 4 sachin 4 dada 2 dravids innings