Irritating phrases

Gambit

I swear if I hear another person say "Of course, that is just your opinion", I'll blow my fuse. Of course it's my opinion. Whose opinion did you think it was? Hugh Hefner's? :wall: People just use this when they are beaten and destroyed in a debate/discussion. Girls seem to use this a lot. :bird:

I hate similies like j/k, no-offence..More often than not people actually seem to mean what they say and then sugarcoat with just kidding. Ah and I greatly hate when a person cracks a joke and then follows it with a lol....I mean darn if I am laughing I would put a smiley in there myself! Plus I think I hate those three alphabets - lol - in general..argggh

Lets say this was the original text "we are back to doing the same things again. We are seeing Pathan being promoted in batting. I feel Pathan's position in the ODI team as an allrounder is weak. He should be played as a bowler and still go with 7 bats. Or go with a 4 regular bowlers + part-timers. I think we have seen the best results with the 7+4 combo." I cant stand it, when some guys say it as , "we are back to doing the.. err.. like.. umm... same things again. We are seeing like... Pathan being promoted in batting. I feel like... err.. Pathan's position in the ODI team as an allrounder is weak. He should be ... like... umm. played as a bowler and still go with.. like... 7 bats. Or go with a 4 regular bowlers + part-timers. I think we have .. umm.. like... seen the best results with the 7+4 combo. I totally dislike the likes !!!

I swear if I hear another person say "Of course' date=' that is just your opinion", I'll blow my fuse. Of course it's my opinion. Whose opinion did you think it was? Hugh Hefner's? :wall: People just use this when they are beaten and destroyed in a debate/discussion.[b'] Girls seem to use this a lot. :bird:
Of course,that's just your opinion .

Lets say this was the original text "we are back to doing the same things again. We are seeing Pathan being promoted in batting. I feel Pathan's position in the ODI team as an allrounder is weak. He should be played as a bowler and still go with 7 bats. Or go with a 4 regular bowlers + part-timers. I think we have seen the best results with the 7+4 combo." I cant stand it, when some guys say it as , "we are back to doing the.. err.. like.. umm... same things again. We are seeing like... Pathan being promoted in batting. I feel like... err.. Pathan's position in the ODI team as an allrounder is weak. He should be ... like... umm. played as a bowler and still go with.. like... 7 bats. Or go with a 4 regular bowlers + part-timers. I think we have .. umm.. like... seen the best results with the 7+4 combo. I totally dislike the likes !!!
MM, Like whatever! You are so.. like... mean and stuff!!!

I swear if I hear another person say "Of course' date=' that is just your opinion", I'll blow my fuse. Of course it's my opinion. Whose opinion did you think it was? Hugh Hefner's? :wall: People just use this when they are beaten and destroyed in a debate/discussion. Girls seem to use this a lot. :bird:[/quote'] I guess what they are trying to say is there isnt any universal truth - opinion is pointless :)

Guest dada_rocks

Having the cake and eating it too.... what else one is supposed to do with cake other than eating.......:cantstop:

Before I got used to it, the phrase that would greatly tick me off used to be, "But that's just me". I have seen too many good discussions end like that(mostly in the matter of faith), it leaves no room for further discussion really. Also Brits take the cake for innovations of metaphors, most of which people use without understanding. Mad as a hatter(who was the hatter?) Call a spade a spade(what else will I call it?) Cold enough to freeze the ball$ of a brass monkey ( :sad_smile: ) Giving a rat's a$$ ( :rolleyes:) Another thing that ticks me off, though not a phrase, is the "quote" action that people make in thin air..As in He is just a "friend"...What the ....never saw anyone make comma or semi-colons.. xx