Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

25++ year phobia.. :fear: Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
You need to retrospect yourself. Why are you scared of something that's completely normal for other people? That itself tells that yours is a phobia, and you need to work on it to get over it. And trust me, nobody ever gets over any phobia unless they truly work on it. A slight example, my father was terrified of dogs. He couldn't stand them. In 2007, I bought home a Labrador pup. Trust me, now that Lab loves my father the most, and my father loves it like anything. It took him a while to get over his phobia but he ultimately did and now he often laughs with me speaking of the phobia he carried on for years.

Golf is there in the US, but as you rightly said bigger cars are preferred in America so it isn't very popular. Passat is also there, but it's price range is not very different from an A4, so I guess it doesn't sell all that much due to that. Based on my experience of seeing cars on the road, I would say Jetta would easily outnumber Golf or Passat in the US. I don't have the official numbers, so might be wrong. Jetta mainly competes with the Camry, Accord, Maxima kind of cars in the US.
hmm i mainly agree with your analysis. But does a Jetta really compete with an Accord. That is a large family car (european classification) and right at the top of the Honda food chain as far as sedans go. I would say a Passat and Accord are in the same class (large family car) while a Jetta will compete with a Honda Civic. (compact family car)

hmm i mainly agree with your analysis. But does a Jetta really compete with an Accord. That is a large family car (european classification) and right at the top of the Honda food chain as far as sedans go. I would say a Passat and Accord are in the same class (large family car) while a Jetta will compete with a Honda Civic. (compact family car)
I should have clarified - by compete I meant in the price range and not so much in the segment. You are right that Accord, Camry, Maxima, and Passat are in the full size sedan segment. But from a price point of view a Jetta is more comparable to an Accord or a Camry - Passat is significantly more expensive. I guess, people who don't want the drab monotony of an Accord or Camry and are willing to compromise on lesser space would go for a Jetta, at least that was my thought when I went for it. From a size perspective it's closest comparison would be with the Altima. Just on a hunch, I feel it's bigger than a Civic or a Corolla - haven't checked the actual specs.

I m really scared of accidents.. My father forced me to learn but I said no.. I just drive scooty or deo to my office and still I don't have 2 wheeler license Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
back in India? or still in Korea?

I should have clarified - by compete I meant in the price range and not so much in the segment. You are right that Accord, Camry, Maxima, and Passat are in the full size sedan segment. But from a price point of view a Jetta is more comparable to an Accord or a Camry - Passat is significantly more expensive. I guess, people who don't want the drab monotony of an Accord or Camry and are willing to compromise on lesser space would go for a Jetta, at least that was my thought when I went for it. From a size perspective it's closest comparison would be with the Altima. Just on a hunch, I feel it's bigger than a Civic or a Corolla - haven't checked the actual specs.
Check out the new Ford Fusion . I saw it in Autocar and it's really a beauty, that can come on par with Camry/Accord. Same price range and specs too. No, not that sh!tty fusion they gave to India :((

My 5.2 liter v8 will destroy your 2 liter mini-me diesel engine. :phehehe:
What's the price of gas again? I get about 10 miles a dollar:haha: Range rover sport 5 liter v8 0-60mph timing = 7.2 seconds BMW 1 series 2 liter diesel engine = 7.0 seconds. I rest my case.

What's the price of gas again? I get about 10 miles a dollar:haha: Range rover sport 5 liter v8 0-60mph timing = 7.2 seconds BMW 1 series 2 liter diesel engine = 7.0 seconds. I rest my case.
You win, yet you lose. If a 350 lb man and a 170 lb athlete competed in a 100 m dash and the athlete beat out the fat guy by .2 seconds, who would you consider to be the real winner of the race. :phehehe:

Is your the super charged version ?
As mad as I am to purchase a gaz-guzzling monster, I don’t think I am that mad to purchase of the same monster + steroids (the supercharger). :giggle: I got the regular version.

fair points.... I guess we forget that different countries have different perspectives. In the UK we are flooded with German cars. To us probably the VW is drab while Accord and other Jap sedans are seen as efficient.

RR is offroad. 1 series will get blown away in offroads. But Audi has something called Q7 and the BMW has the X6 xdrive sport versions, to take on Range Rovers. Talk about the RR's reliability. :giggle:

The range rover is much faster than what it used to be. Since they shed weight by shifting to aluminium. However as a car it remains painfully slow. It is however not meant to be that fast. Its means to arrive at a location in style. You want a fast pricy SUV then you are better with going for the BMW X5 GL-class etc....

RR is offroad. 1 series will get blown away in offroads. But Audi has something called Q7 and the BMW has the X6 sport versions, to take on Range Rovers. Talk about the RR's reliability. :giggle:
most audi's be they sedans or SUV's have 4 wheel drive options.... even an A4 with 4 wheel drive (quattro option) will do quite well off road. and be efficient with the fuel as well. Especially the diesel variants. The Q7 is a poorly done crossover. I dont even classify that as an SUV

most audi's be they sedans or SUV's have 4 wheel drive options.... even an A4 with 4 wheel drive (quattro option) will do quite well off road. and be efficient with the fuel as well. Especially the diesel variants. The Q7 is a poorly done crossover. I dont even classify that as an SUV
Sedan's doens't have the road clearance in off roads. It could be a bumpy ride. I agree with the Q7's SUV status, but the performance is on par with the RR, Land Cruiser or hummer. I had a chance to sit inside an x6 xdrive, and it's one of the awesome cars I ve seen. It's pretty good in off roads too :icflove:

Check out the new Ford Fusion . I saw it in Autocar and it's really a beauty, that can come on par with Camry/Accord. Same price range and specs too. No, not that sh!tty fusion they gave to India :((
I am prejudiced against American cars, so much so that I don't even consider buying one even for a second.
fair points.... I guess we forget that different countries have different perspectives. In the UK we are flooded with German cars. To us probably the VW is drab while Accord and other Jap sedans are seen as efficient.
Yeah, it's a matter of perceptions to an extent. In the US, seeing Camrys and Accords is so common, specially in the Indian population, that it kind of drove me away from buying them.

Wut? The q7 is built on the Tuareg chassis. Add to that quattro, the best 4 wheel drive system there is. It's as capable an offroader as any. The CR-V is a useless crossover. The q7 is NOT a crossover.

Sedan's doens't have the road clearance in off roads. It could be a bumpy ride. I agree with the Q7's SUV status, but the performance is on par with the RR, Land Cruiser or hummer. I had a chance to sit inside an x6 xdrive, and it's one of the awesome cars I ve seen. It's pretty good in off roads too :icflove:
I have sat in a quattro A8 and it was fine for off roading. Suspension and shock abs too fine. SMind you this was not hardcore off roading like say doing up a mountain. More like driving through fields. What you can say is that there are different types of off roading. Maybe rather than an SUV you probably need a touring car. In general i dont trust cross overs because they tend to confuse what they want out of the ride. I sat in a Porche Cayanne and that was one big mistake. In terms of competition for the Rovers, Jeep is probably the biggest viable alternative.

Wut? The q7 is built on the Tuareg chassis. Add to that quattro, the best 4 wheel drive system there is. It's as capable an offroader as any. The CR-V is a useless crossover. The q7 is NOT a crossover.
so why is every auto magazine calling it a cross over, the fundamental issue with Q7 is poorish off road capability. In the UK they sell it as a crossover. This is an American mag calling it a cross over. 2014 Audi Q7: A roomy, elegant crossover http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/In-Gear/2013/0722/2014-Audi-Q7-A-roomy-elegant-crossover