Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

You win, yet you lose. If a 350 lb man and a 170 lb athlete competed in a 100 m dash and the athlete beat out the fat guy by .2 seconds, who would you consider to be the real winner of the race. :phehehe:
Saar, Milliseconds equate to light years for Speed Enthusiasts. :whack:

You win, yet you lose. If a 350 lb man and a 170 lb athlete competed in a 100 m dash and the athlete beat out the fat guy by .2 seconds, who would you consider to be the real winner of the race. :phehehe:
True. The fat guy will get exhausted quickly nd might sustain bad injuries to legs and knees. He can better slowly roll on bumpy surfaces. :hahaha: Meanwhile, the athelete will go on another race :agree:

True. The fat guy will get exhausted quickly nd might sustain bad injuries to legs and knees. He can better slowly roll on bumpy surfaces. :hahaha: Meanwhile, the athelete will go on another race :agree:
The analogy is so useless, I am not even going to bother responding to it.

Saar, Milliseconds equate to light years for Speed Enthusiasts. :whack:
I have never driven a fast, small car, so I cannot tell how it feels. But I what I can tell you is that when you put the foot down on the Rangie, the acceleration takes you by surprise. Not because it is the fastest. Clearly, there are cars that are faster to 60 than this one, but because the performance belies the size of the car.

The build and design looks like the Camry. Camry is a good car, but I seriously doubt about Acura. I will get back after reading some more reviews. I m open to be proved wrong :icflove:
The only problem I have with Acura is that as soon as you get inside, it feels like the car is screaming HONDA! The interior gives all in all Honda feel. On the other hand, Toyota is opposite, the interior looks like a royal luxury car but as soon as you start driving it, it feels like Camry.

So someone suggest me a good car in 25k to 40k range. Basically the best combo for the lowest price. I want decent power - 180 HP plus decent torque not as small as a corolla or civic but not as big as an accord A good combo of luxury and sportiness I am not a huge fan of Lexus - every desi person I know has one...not a fan

So someone suggest me a good car in 25k to 40k range. Basically the best combo for the lowest price. I want decent power - 180 HP plus decent torque not as small as a corolla or civic but not as big as an accord A good combo of luxury and sportiness I am not a huge fan of Lexus - every desi person I know has one...not a fan
Subaru WRX VW GLI Hyundai genesis ( very underrated) VW CC Camaro/Challenger Volvo S60 Off course we have the Audi A4,Bmw3,infiniti g but I find them boring

Holy' date=' what do you think about diesel vs petrol, and what to buy?[/quote'] No simple answer, depends on a lot of factors, like what you want from the car, how much is it going to run, how long do you expect to keep it, and what car it is. For example, if you want a fun car, the swift diesel is more fun than the petrol, but the laura petrol is far superior to the diesel. Obv, if you're going to run the car for more than 10-15k per year, diesel would be the fuel of choice. Diesel cars are more expensive to buy, have a better resale value, and are more efficient per km, and diesel is cheaper than petrol. So you got do a cost analysis. For example, the skoda superb diesel is almost 3 lacs more than the petrol. So it doesnt make sense to buy.. whereas for a ritz, it would probably be a better bet to buy a diesel if you're gonna run it a lot.

Anyone had a chance to test drive the Eccosport :hmmmm:
Yeah. It's quite good! I love the new direct injection turbo petrols that are out now. VW's 1.8 TSI is one of the best engines ever made.. its soooooooooooo good. The ecosport comes with the 1 liter ecoboost engine thats quite phenomenal. It's great to drive.. got an amazing mid range.. it seems all normal when you're driving.. good power.. awesome mid range, etc. But when you put things in perspective (this engine is smaller than the engines of some santros, in a bloody SUV)... And smaller engine = more fuel efficient. To put things in perspective. The ecoboost 123 BHP from a 1 liter engine. The honda civic engine- A class, world renowned engine, produces 130 BHP from 1.8 liters of displacement.

1 series :two_thumbs_up: Hope the price of 3-series and 5 -series gets reduced a bit as they are expanding the production in chennai factory :pray:
:cantstop: Golden rule about Indian auto industry - Prices will never ever ever ever ever ever go down.Today if the dollar magically becomes 45 (:woot:), the prices of cars will still remain the same.

On a related note, it is quite interesting to see how the car industry is moving in india. The germans are back to what they were so good at doing. Building TANK like cars, and bringing in innovations. The japs still havent come to terms with the direct injection turbo petrols that Merc, BMW, Audi, VW, etc are turning out. This is the future! small dispacement engines, turbocharged to give you the power of a big engine and the effiecieny of a smaller unit. Not one jap has got a turbo petrol in India! The germans are also killing it in the diesel market. Japs have been very weak in diesel, and car makers like maruti suzuki have been forced to source engines from FIAT to capture the market in small cars (The swift comes with the FIAT engine, also known as the national engine. The same engine is also seen in dzire, indica, vista, indigo, sail, uva, beat, linea, punto, ritz, ertiga, sx4, enjoy, etc.) On the other hand, hyundai is also killing it with the fluidic designs, good build, good tech in cars, and good service. It's a key player in the game. The japs have been struggling, toyota's etios is clearly built/engineered to a price, nissan wasnt doing that great, honda was in real bad shape, and its good to see them respond. Honda has come out with an awesome diesel engine in the amaze, and is back with a bang. The amaze is a really good car, they cant meet the demand for it. Toyota is chilling with their innova and fortuner suvs. The etios and liva arent doing that well, coz they look and feel like crap. Who wants a speedo in the center! Nissan has thrown another spanner in the works by launching datsun! Datsun is going to take on the cheap maruti segment.. something that nobody has been close to touching. The alto's and the 800s are going to be countered by the datsun go.. with the super practical interiors and biiiiiiiig space. Really interesting. Now if only the japs could come out with some direct injection turbo petrols!