Gambhir has signed for Essex for the English county season

StriKe

I am a big fan of him' date=' but bigger fan of Gambo. :winky: I woke up thrice yesterday to check out Essex's twitter account. :asleep:[/quote'] i am fan of gambo too. best indian player of spin in the past couple of years. hopefully this stint works out his problems with lateral movement. he can handle bounce tbh. he's got a couple of good scores in australia and south africa. its the swing and the seam that killed him
i am fan of gambo too. best indian player of spin in the past couple of years. hopefully this stint works out his problems with lateral movement. he can handle bounce tbh. he's got a couple of good scores in australia and south africa. its the swing and the seam that killed him
His shot to third man is one of the reasons to his poking. I recall Sunny coming up with this in the 4th ODI against England earlier this year. He plays that shot very late to third man as if he is playing a spinner.

Gambhir is a confidence player.Kirsten said gambo lacked self belief he had to tell gambhir how good he was and he will not be dropped and support him.I think kirsten helped gambler.His problems started with too much odi cricket and the poke shot which just destroyed his game.Also he tried to reduce his bat lift with fletcher which hampered his shots .Hopefully he has gone back to his old technique and forgot the poke shot.

Ok boys and girls this is the situation. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/county-championship-division-two/table Essex are 29 points behind the second ranked club Northamptonshire having played one match less. The top two teams go to division 1. Essex have 6 matches to go. Today they play the second ranked team Northamptonshire. So a win in this 4 day event will go a long way towards covering that 29 point gap. In the Yorkshire bank 40 over contest Essex have two games left. They are not going to win the group as Hampshire are much ahead. However they will hope to win both games and hope Glamorgan in another division slip up so Essex can qualify as the best second team among the groups. Problem is Glamorgan have played a match less and are a point ahead of Essex. There really is no margin of error for Essex in both the remaining competitions. Lose this match today to Northamptonshire and they can kiss promotion goodbye. In total GG can feature in 6, 4 day games and potentially 4 40 overs games. (assume Essex reach the final) so potentially thats 28 days of cricket from August through to October.

Gambhir is a confidence player.Kirsten said gambo lacked self belief he had to tell gambhir how good he was and he will not be dropped and support him.I think kirsten helped gambler.His problems started with too much odi cricket and the poke shot which just destroyed his game.Also he tried to reduce his bat lift with fletcher which hampered his shots .Hopefully he has gone back to his old technique and forgot the poke shot.
All he needs to do is to forget about captaincy for the time being and that's half the battle won. Technique will sort itself outself if he doesn't have much going through his mind.
Props to BBC for covering county games on radio this year
yup county coverage has been comprehensive. However there is no cricket on BBC television. Not even highlights. That should worry fans in England. The ECB website too should provide highlights of this game.