Life after marriage.

Number

There is no "vee aar maaade phor eaach other".
I was talking about having some kind of an attachment with your partner being an important part of a marriage. Way to take it out of context.
Without getting into all these complicated things, I just feel happier being married than not being so. Isn't that a good enough justification for me to marry? In the same breath, I genuinely appreciate your decision on marriage, whatever it might be.
I don't get what you're saying. Are you happy with just the concept of being in a marriage? Or getting the spend a joint life with your current partner? It sounds like you're just happy to have been married, regardless of whether it would have been with your current wife or anybody else. Plenty of Indian guys desire a dedicated housewife just to get regular sex, home cooked food, clothes washed and ironed and bed made everyday. Nothing wrong with that, but if the wife was forced into such an arrangement, it is backwards. Also what is so complicated about saying people should not be forced into a life of marriage or monogamy?

Awesome' date=' so she can cook and look after the house while you watch 5 day test cricket between Bangladesh and New Zealand.[/quote'] she's not a cricket fan,but maybe a saas bahu serial fan.Every chance she (and MTC) watch those while Sachin is batting:((

Married ICFers seem to be making up stories to make marriage sound more cumbersome than it actually is and in the process conforming to the stereotype of being critical of marriage' date=' once you are married because it's kooool to do so.[/quote'] If you think marriage is always good and everybody is having fun then look around the office and you'll realize that there are some people whom you can't even tolerate for more than a few minutes and now think that they also are married. Think what their spouses go through lol. For me personally, it's been the best change in my life ever. I love having a family, building cabinets and gardening with my daughter over going for a movie. I have also seen people around me who made bad choices and their lives are ruined because their marriage didn't work out. In my case, my wife helped me get out of depression but usually people get stressed and depressed after and due to marriage.

Who gets the last laugh - A person who has enjoyed his youth with partying and friends then took up caring of kids in his midlife' date=' or person who had kids in his youth, but is free of responsibilities in his old age? :giggle:[/quote'] To each his own then:two_thumbs_up: Its my grandkids vs your kids then.....:fight: just kidding...:--D

My mom absolutely hates her in laws (who are extremely old) for that they did her injustice over 20 years ago when she lived with them. She is always either shouting or crying and making a scene almost all the fking time everyday. I am tired of this sh1t now. This makes me never wanna get married. Any tips for guys like me who live with the parents and just cant deal with it anymore?

With a like minded partner married life changes for good. Ofcourse their are going to be changes, adjustments, restriction but you cant take away the fact there is someone always cheering for you. For me personally the bigger difference was life before and after child

My mom absolutely hates her in laws (who are extremely old) for that they did her injustice over 20 years ago when she lived with them. She is always either shouting or crying and making a scene almost all the fking time everyday. I am tired of this sh1t now. This makes me never wanna get married. Any tips for guys like me who live with the parents and just cant deal with it anymore?
Is moving out an option ?

:(( Tell her that...that you sympathies with her pain but she needs to stop now or you will find it difficult to think of marriage.

I can go on with the stereotypical arguments about making a justification for marriage and kids, but I would not have given much heed to them a few years back myself, so would come across as a hypocrite. However, I would confess that the best part of my relationship has been our live in time together, probably exaggerated by the fact that our parents did not know about it and we went to the extent of keeping separate land lines on different sides of the bed.
:two_thumbs_up: Forbidden fruit is sweet! Does your family know about it now? Sorry if this sounds presumptuous - I am not being intrusive but rather trying to understand the dynamics of handling such situations with Indian guardians who consider live-ins as "social evils" or "time pass". If you notice a pattern generally though, people who do things for the right reasons are always happier than those who do it as a social prescription. Like I said earlier in this thread, one should try to understand his/her needs and keep it at a higher priority than the needs of mother/father wishes (for ex - I want to see my grand children etc.). In the same vein, the couple should also be able to take full responsibility of their decisions - basically they should treat and (more importantly) act like adults. A lot of "kids" love to be pampered and wouldn't want to move outside their comfort zones.

My mother and my grandma are together for close to 30 yrs and IMO they get along very well.. But my mother don't like FIL who wasted lots of money in drinks in his life.. IMO there ll be no issues if one can completely dominate other :roti: In our case my mother is the boss to my grandma.. In my younger days I can always expect some pocket money from my grandma when I don't get it from my parents which makes my mother go :mad:

Is moving out an option ?
Not really. When I graduated, things were good as my grandparents lived with my uncle. Which led me to accept a job 15-20 min. drive from my parents' house. Between the time I got the job and the grandparents moved in, my parents bought a big house where my brother and I could have plenty of space to do w/e. Now I have no logical excuse to move out other than finding a job where I would have to move.
:(( Tell her that...that you sympathies with her pain but she needs to stop now or you will find it difficult to think of marriage.
I've done all of that. I've tried explaining things to her. She does a lot of religious stuff inside and outside the house so I tried explaining how religion is all about acceptance and forgiving others but to no avail. My dad's tired of it too. I told her that b/c of her behavior (rational or not) I find it extremely difficult to think of marriage.