Ishwar Pandey Thread

he is best bet we have.. this is what people forget when we talk about these bowlers and batsmen.. all we discuss is who deserves to be in team and not who will be next mcrath or hadlee.. i hate hype but i can safely say this guy is better then other bowlers in domestic cricket and deserves to be in team ahead of lambu
I am not talking about just his inclusion in the team. Our bowling is so pathetic that he surely deserves that. Nor am I talking about producing a Hadlee or a Lillee. Just a good international pacer to start with., who will take wickets. Whether he will be able to do that, even though he is the best domestic pacer, is not guaranteed. Because the average standard is so low.
I am not talking about just his inclusion in the team. Our bowling is so pathetic that he surely deserves that. Nor am I talking about producing a Hadlee or a Lillee. Just a good international pacer to start with., who will take wickets. Whether he will be able to do that, even though he is the best domestic pacer, is not guaranteed. Because the average standard is so low.
true but we have seen in past that ranji does produces good bowlers like sreesanth,yadav,rp singh etc who have come and performed at highest level its next step that is after getting into team and getting better where they fail.. you know thato n good tracks of south africa these guys wll be good enough to get wickets but in long run they lose steam which is the problem
Keep him away from ODIs for the time being. Test squad vs WI yes but ODI debut only in SA. These pitches could kill a promising career. In fact I am happy even Umesh is not playing. Bowlers will learn nothing from such thrashings.
post fitting with your name :P:two_thumbs_up:

BK,Umesh,Shami,Pandey & Suyal will be my pick for test matches & BK,Shami,Aaron, Mohit,Suyal,Shukla,Dhawal should all get a chance in the LOIs & we can pick the best among them.Going back to a 35 yr old Zak who looks even older will be such a waste of time.Still I'll pick him for the SA tour if he performs well & proves his fitness coz he's still the best we have.That shows are poor state in the bowling dept.

true but we have seen in past that ranji does produces good bowlers like sreesanth,yadav,rp singh etc who have come and performed at highest level its next step that is after getting into team and getting better where they fail.. you know thato n good tracks of south africa these guys wll be good enough to get wickets but in long run they lose steam which is the problem
I think there is a tour opener 3 day game against WI and he will hopefully play. Then we can get some idea of how he is against international batting. Regarding sustaining performance, pacers have lost motivation, pace, technique and even ability to swing. We don't really know why it happens, so what can we say ? Just hope that the team management can rectify this.
I think there is a tour opener 3 day game against WI and he will hopefully play. Then we can get some idea of how he is against international batting. Regarding sustaining performance, pacers have lost motivation, pace, technique and even ability to swing. We don't really know why it happens, so what can we say ? Just hope that the team management can rectify this.
he did quite well in a tour though and standard was very high... and bowlers losing steam is mystery but lately things look better with some new bowlers like bhuvi and shami who have improved while being in team and so has yadav (atleast for tests ) need to get rid of ishant though ;P
he did quite well in a tour though and standard was very high... and bowlers losing steam is mystery but lately things look better with some new bowlers like bhuvi and shami who have improved while being in team and so has yadav (atleast for tests ) need to get rid of ishant though ;P
Which tour was this ? Ishant does not look to be on his way out, no matter how much we want. This new lot of pacers look more hard working and focussed though. Hopefully this means that they would sustain.

Hey A New Policeman On The Fast Lane HEY For all Folks out there on the eternal search for a true INDIAN fast bowler helre is another one to look out from now one and for a start he is not your typical young great INDIAN fast bowling hope because he is already 27 and above all he is a policeman. He is Sachin Chaudhari from Maharashtra and he has just ripped out 11 hapless Tripura batsmen in what is his second Ranji match after making his debut against Karnataka last season on an heartless track he has started the season with a bang and along with ISHWAR PANDEY was the standout pacer from the first round of Ranjji On the positive side At first inspection he is tall 6,4 and seems to bend his back at will and the most telling statistic from the match is that out of 11 wickets that he snared 8 were bowled or lbw. Well that would add some spice to our later pursuit of this guy in the coming weeks and months. GUYS Read this excerpt below and get excited: for more than four hours on Wednesday, it seemed as if the Ranji Trophy group C game between Maharashtra and Tripura was being played by only twelve people. The 11 Maharashtra players on the pitch threw everything at one Tripura batsman Yogesh Takawale, himself a former Maharashtra product. Takawale resisted for 253 minutes but the rest of the Tripura batsmen could not leaving Maharastra chase down a small total for the win. Tripura's coach Bhaskar Pillay said that his all but one of his batsmen seemed "scared". The cause of their fear was the six feet four inch Maharashtra pacer, Sachin Chaudhari, the policeman from Jalgaon who sent down 19 overs, having the Tripura batsmen fend. Chaudhari finished with seven wickets for 52 runs off his 19.3 overs. On a wicket, which got slower and lower, Chaudhari, 27, bent his back and extracted noticeable bounce off the pitch, perennially keeping the inexperienced Tripura batsman on the backfoot. Chaudhari's devastating bowling was one of the big reasons for Maharashtra's win. In the morning session, Tripura resumed on 28 for one. However, in the space of eight balls, their innings was literally ripped apart. From a watchful 42 for one, the side from the north-east slipped to 46 for five. Chaudhari and Shrikant Mundhe ran riot with their movement and bounce on a slow wicket. Only Takawale resisted