Ishwar Pandey Thread

Lack of pace can certainly hamper a bowler like him who with a bit of an extra yard of pace could do wonders. It is certainly perplexing in India. Guys who have brains and skills lack pace to utilize those skills to maximum and guys who have pace lack brains and skills to use that pace at the maximum.

Lack of pace can certainly hamper a bowler like him who with a bit of an extra yard pace could do wonders. It is certainly perplexing in India. Guys who have brains and skills lack pace to utilize those skills to maximum and guys who have pace lack brains and skills to use that pace at the maximum.
he said after the A tour to South Africa that he is aiming to bowl 135-140 consistently.
he said after the A tour to South Africa that he is aiming to bowl 135-140 consistently.
Most successful ATG fast bowlers you will find had the ability to bowl 140+ at their peak though they might not have bowled at that pace all the time, but they could whenever needed, likes of Holding who could change gears according to situations.
Most successful ATG fast bowlers you will find had the ability to bowl 140+ at their peak though they might not have bowled at that pace all the time' date=' but they could whenever needed, likes of Holding who could change gears according to situations.[/quote'] i dont expect him to be a holding. even if he achieves zak's career stats, i will be happy. we have a good bowling lineup in yadav, bhuvi, and hopefully pandey. i expect them to work good in tandem with yadav the out and out fast bowler, while pandey hopefully plays a mcgrath-esque role, with bhuvi playing the role that philander currently plays for saffas. i think as indians, we should be content with that
i dont expect him to be a holding. even if he achieves zak's career stats' date=' i will be happy. we have a good bowling lineup in yadav, bhuvi, and hopefully pandey. i expect them to work good in tandem with yadav the out and out fast bowler, while pandey hopefully plays a mcgrath-esque role, with bhuvi playing the role that philander currently plays for saffas. i think as indians, we should be content with that[/quote'] You cannot compare our bowlers to Philander. They play mostly on SA pitches. These guys are going to play mostly on lifeless Indian tracks and you need a bit of pace in India especially to utilize reverse swing.
Most successful ATG fast bowlers you will find had the ability to bowl 140+ at their peak though they might not have bowled at that pace all the time' date=' but they could whenever needed, likes of Holding who could change gears according to situations.[/quote'] we are not searching for atg bowler .we are just searching for guy who can be part of a good attack and can take wickets without leaking runs or calling himself unlucky after every bad performance . more over he already said he will increase his pace and in last ranji we saw that he has ability to bowl in high 130's and with his build it should not take long. even if he does not on his current skills alone he deserves to be in indian test team:two_thumbs_up:
You cannot compare our bowlers to Philander. They play mostly on SA pitches. These guys are going to play mostly on lifeless Indian tracks and you need a bit of pace in India especially to utilize reverse swing.
lets compare him with zack then ? pace has never worked in india reverse swing and tight bowling has..
we are not searching for atg bowler .we are just searching for guy who can be part of a good attack and can take wickets without leaking runs or calling himself unlucky after every bad performance . more over he already said he will increase his pace and in last ranji we saw that he has ability to bowl in high 130's and with his build it should not take long. even if he does not on his current skills alone he deserves to be in indian test team:two_thumbs_up:
take out 51 test veteran with average of 38 and SR of 68 RIGHT NOW :hitler:
lets compare him with zack then ? pace has never worked in india reverse swing and tight bowling has..
Zak has always been pretty quick and still can certainly bowl faster than Pandey at the age of 34 whenever needed and regarding reverse swing, you need a bit of pace to utilize that.