ICC World T20 2014

ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

Might have to eat my words but Australia may be the weakest team in this format. Bollinger? Hogg? Haddin?Really? I have a feeling they keep their best for tests' date=' second best for one days and for T20 happy to send their grand dads to play. If they win, great. If not, who cares. The fact they gave a scare to Pakistan itself might reveal a thing or two about the two teams.[/quote'] Not like that Mitch is injured, otherwise this is their best team. Their batting is mighty with Warner, Finch, Watson, Maxwell, etc. These conditions don't suit their attack.
Not like that Mitch is injured' date=' otherwise this is their best team. Their batting is mighty with Warner, Finch, Watson, Maxwell, etc. These conditions don't suit their attack.[/quote'] I think they middle order is quiet weak on these conditions. They would hammer most non-SC sides due to the lack of spinners bar Windies.
They Choked even before the game started....Their body language just gave it away...No matter how much we dislike them they are a dangerous T20 team and were favorites till they threw it away.
They looked petrified from ball 1. That explains the run out and Shezad brainfarts.
They Choked even before the game started....Their body language just gave it away...No matter how much we dislike them they are a dangerous T20 team and were favorites till they threw it away.
Stop using the word choke for everything. Yes, they were nervous but mainly they just struggled against Indian spinners especially Mishra and Ashwin and had no clue how to even rotate strike against them, much less score boundaries. West Indies batsmen were pretty much the same. They also struggled against Bhuvan's swing.

TBF Pak is the only team that I will back to defend a Sub Par score in these conditions which obviously more often than not they will put on board. In these conditions chasing is relatively easy due to the dew factor,so in order to outplay them team has to just run away with the game in the first innings which again will be a challenge given their bowling(again only in these conditions) They are still a dangerous team,hope they have their ahahaha implosion against Bang Bros and knock themselves out,if not they are still in with a shot

Warner's pretty weak against spin and Aussies struggle against leggies. I am worried about our opening quicks.
Yeah...Opening with Aswin will be a good option,because Warner is a rythm player,once he is set will do some damage. Watson's slog sweep can do a lot of damage against dart kind of spinners,Hope Misraji is unleashed against him. DOn't rate Finch highly yet....Maxwell is a real freak.
Warner more than Finch is the man to watch against us. He usually scores big if he settles in
I remember Warner and Watson scoring 3 or 4 sixes in an over against Jaddu in World T20 2010 (before he became Sir.:winky:). But I get the impression Jaddu doesnt do well generally in T20s as he does in ODIs. For starters, he should never bowl in death overs as he doesnt have many variations.
I remember Warner and Watson scoring 3 or 4 sixes in an over against Jaddu in World T20 2010 (before he became Sir.:winky:). But I get the impression Jaddu doesnt do well generally in T20s as he does in ODIs. For starters' date=' he should never bowl in death overs as he doesnt have many variations.[/quote'] In ODI's people look to milk him in the middle overs which is why he becomes effective,in T20 his darts are at a perfect pace for guys looking to slog everything. Even in Pak game in Asia cup,Afridi looked comfortable against him when he was trying to slog everything

I m still not convinced.... Ozzies made a blunder by selecting Four pacers + missed catches.. And also only Akmal played well otherwise batsmen are still in question... WI match will be a gud test for them if both teams are up for the semi final spot... Having said that.. We are talking about pakis.. No one knows how they turn up in the next game..

India currently look the strongest side, their only real issue being Yuvraj and Rohit. Sri Lanka look the 2nd favourites with Dilshan a major issue. Pakistan are 3rd favourites with batting collapses being a issue. Non-Asian teams have very little chance in these conditions.