Hindu religion rockz

Cricketics

As i said' date=' i have the freedom of speech to state my perspective. I did not get into a slanging match about hinduism or denegrating its Gods or whatever in pointed fashion. I said i see most of it as nonsnese and that is a statement of my perspective. If i cannot say what i think on a topic, even in the most generalized and one-worded sense, then you ARE impinging my freedom of speech.[/quote'] Did you EVEN read my previous post ? where i have said that its just basic manners not say a thing that might be considered offensive to majority of posters ? That part of my previous post seems to have completely gone over your head. Feel free to go and read it again. And mind you , even in the Indian constitution , community peace is given importance over individual freedom of speech. If anything , freedome of speech is probably the most abused term ever, just an excuse for people to say whatever that comes to their mind , even if its total garbage.
This topic, i am afraid, is not a question of opinion but a question of rights chartered under freedom of speech. Freedom of speech carefully draws the line between not tolerating inflamatory nonsense and yet having the option of expressing your opinion. I have done so in the manner- i have not used any detailed denegration or even any words that can be considered harshest parts of english vocabulary.
For God's sake , please dont meander this debate into one about technicalities. All of us arent as sophisticated as you to actually study the little nuance of the word you have used and then come to a conclusion on what you are on about. If that be the case , anything can be said and refuge taken behind all this "vocabulary" , "levels of harshness" thingy.

I believe in gender equality!:D
Aur gainde pe Afridi ne bat lagaya aur etna zoor se ghumaaya ki chakka lagaa diya...gainde ja rahaa hai...jaa rahaa hai...ja raahaa hai...gainde chala gaya ! :haha: PS: Swets, let me know if my latest editoralization of the offending post was adequate.

PS: Swets, let me know if my latest editoralization of the offending post was adequate.
Looks fine to me and doesn't look like any one should be offended on it. Only regret is that we could have done this 20-30 posts earlier without creating so much excitement. All you had to do was let me know you were around after I edited your post and you could have gone ahead and re-edited the parts against forum policy (as we have done now, minus the blood rushes). In the future, I'll take care not to edit your posts and if you are not around will simply delete them if they violate forum policy. I did not do it because there were good points in the post which would have been lost.

shwetabh..no need to apologize ..you guys run the show here... no one from us..pay for the server ..or other charges.. if some one is not following the rules...Mods have every right to delete..Edit..and Ban post and poster..
Just read this post in all the commotion, Hari helped BTW. :D No GIB, we don't run the show it's a varied mix of posters here who run the show. We would rather have a yahoo group amongst us if we felt or wanted to run the show. We have the privilege to delete, edit a post or ban the user, but we don't have the right to do it. The right is in the poster's fingers typing on a keyboard.

Just read this post in all the commotion, Hari helped BTW. :D No GIB, we don't run the show it's a varied mix of posters here who run the show. We would rather have a yahoo group amongst us if we felt or wanted to run the show. We have the privilege to delete, edit a post or ban the user, but we don't have the right to do it. The right is in the poster's fingers typing on a keyboard.
I'd like to add to this This is very unique by the way, I am not aware of any or many sites like this. So, we expect people to be mature enough and not go overboard. This is a no-face world with keystrokes where everyone wants to be a hero, respect and right should go hand in hand.

Swetabh/other mods- on second inspection, it did seem very rude comments from me and very high-handed. I apologize for that. However, i will stick to my original request - please please please do not edit my posts. If you guys find it offensive, let me know, i will edit it. If i am not around, feel free to delete the post. I am rather sensetive to having my posts altered- not only does it often leads to the wrong conclusions if sections of the post have been delted/editoralized, i don't always check back to see which posts were edited, which wern't and I remain unaware of how the moderator edition has changed what i wanted to convey ( or rather, what stuff i wanted to convey but didn't get conveyed). This makes a very adverse effect on future postings, as we all often draw reference to posts we've made here in the past. Again, i apologize for my behaviour- its not like i don't appreciate what you folks do as moderators and how thankless job it can be. And some extra respect form Swetabh for being patient with me when i was perhaps too haughty and short-tempered. But i'd consider it a great delight if my request on this matter is respected, particularly since the alternative i provide ( notify me and i'll edit or if i am not around, delete my offending post) leaves both me and you guys happy.

Can I throw my 2 pence worth as well? :haha: Ok I think Bongosamaj and the mods both make valid points.

Hindu gods look the coolest' date=' hence Hinduism is the coolest :)[/quote'] I definitely agree with the first part. Hindu gods are definitely the coolest looking...the mythology around them is very tasty as well :rose:
You can say that again, but I find it torture -------- ..at the same event I find it complete nonsense, that you pick a day or two for fasting and then you eat the other days!!! You don't eat meat for a given day of the week and you eat em rest of the days. So you please him for one day and he rest of the days you are bad? Defies logic and reasoning.
Reason/common sense/logic/science and religion don't mix :pray:

Although India is a secular country with thousands of years of non-religious philosophy, art and science, its mythology is rich, and like China, Korea, Japan, etc, has followed an unbroken chain for thousands of years. In some philosophical schools the gods are considered different manifestations of a single god or universal soul, in some they are considered seperate entities in a celestial hierarchy, and in others like Buddhism they may be regarded as mortal beings who have achieved enlightenment. Their symbolism is not meant to be taken literally, and is highly poetic. Some of these deities are worshipped across Asia, such as Yama (यम) Lord of Death, who is known as Yan (閻) in China, and Enma (閻魔) in Japan: The Trimutri: brahma.jpg Brahma (The Creative Force) Vishnu02.jpg Vishnu (The Preserving Force) shivaphoto.jpg Shiva (The Destructive Force) Guardians of the Directions: 275px-Indra_bronze.jpg Indra (King of the Gods, Guardian of the East) agni2.gif Agni (Lord of Fire, Guardian of the South East) Yama_tibet.jpg Yama (Yord of Death, Guardian of the South) kunti.jpg Surya (Lord of the Sun, Guardian of the South West) varuna1.jpg Varuna (Lord of the Ocean, Guardian of the West) vayu.jpg Vayu (Lord of the Wind, Guardian of the North West) gilt-kubera_2613.jpg Kubera (Lord of Wealth, Guardian of the North) indra.gif Soma (Lord of Soma, Guardian of the North East) Aspects of the Goddess: Saraswati1d.jpg Saraswati (Goddess of Knolwedge) 275px-Ravi_Varma-Lakshmi.jpg Lakshmi (Goddess of Prosperity) bsl45766.jpg Uma (Goddess of Love) newbitmapimageua6.jpg Kali (Goddess of Destruction) The Mortal Avatars of Vishnu: Avatars.jpg 1. Matsya 2. Kurma 3. Varaha 4. Narasimha 5. Vamana 6. Parashurama 7. Rama 8. Krishna 9. Buddha 10. Kalki
I rather worship a naked demon slaying babe with a necklace of human skulls than anything else :haha: Seriously speaking, some people have trouble seperating their ideals from their enjoyment of life. For example, the communist who hates everything American, or the Indian nationalist who hates everything Chinese. Obiously America and China have some great culture, but a person who hates the state can often end up resenting it enough that they cant enjoy Chinese Kung Fu films or something. And in the same way people who are idealistically Hindu, Buddhist, atheist, Muslim, Christian, etc, often end up resenting the beauty of other beliefs. What im trying to say is, I might not really believe in god, but I enjoy the art and culture of the various Hindu sects, not to mention Buddhist mythology, Jaina, etc. Same as how most Japanese people dont really believe in god, but still might enjoy playing a game with Shinto or Buddhist mythology in, and even visit shrines on holidays. They have seperated art from life, and thought from action - the hallmark of a sane civilization. Bring on the Indian 'Final Fantasy' or 'Persona 3' or 'Ninja Gaiden' :two_thumbs_up: