Another upcoming J&K fast bowler Mehjoor Ali Sofi

rkt.india

Lanky. Needs to put up some muscles
I will talk to him about getting stronger. Fast bowlers can't do the same work out other people do to gain muscles. they need to gain lean muscles and increase strength than getting bulky and huge hypertrophy like body builders. Also, increasing fast twitch fibers. It requires different type of work out and i dont think a lot of people know about it well enough. Otherwise, improper working out can harm you like it happened to irfan Pathan.
I will talk to him about getting stronger. Fast bowlers can't do the same work out other people do to gain muscles. they need to gain lean muscles and increase strength than getting bulky and huge hypertrophy like body builders. Also' date=' increasing fast twitch fibers. It requires different type of work out and i dont think a lot of people know about it well enough. Otherwise, improper working out can harm you like it happened to irfan Pathan.[/quote'] i remember this fast twitch muscles funda being written about wrt Steyn..some time back.
actually Akram was also 6' 2" guess its a good height for fast bowlers..hmm interesting..
Ya... Around 6'1 6'2 is good enough ..Brett Lee was also 6'1. Won't give you a height advantage at the international level but if you've got other attributes then will be fine
i remember this fast twitch muscles funda being written about wrt Steyn..some time back.
As far as I understand, athletes to increase fast twitch fibers along with strength, one needs to lift heavy with low rep range 4-8 with quick tempo.