India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

Umesh is nowhere close to Steyn's accuracy. Infact not many in the world. So there is that. Only bowler who has outbowled South Afircans in South Africa is sreesanth. Because he got great outswing and fantastic seam position. Unless Umesh gets his outswing going there is no way he is going to trouble anyone there as much as Steyn troubled us.
I have high hopes from umesh he is quicker than sreesanth and has better inswinger than sree. Consistency is an issue but he will have to go for wickets and bowl full.
We have stronger players now' date='would like the SA team to eat some humble pie[/quote'] Nope. These players are rookies and not as strong or experienced as in tour where we won Durban. Back then the joker Sreesanth was in good form, and our batsmen were legendary ones (in decent shape back then).
I have high hopes from umesh he is quicker than sreesanth and has better inswinger than sree. Consistency is an issue but he will have to go for wickets and bowl full.
Sreesanth was far from being express. But his seam position, outswing was very very hard to negotiate for South Africans. Nagging length, nippiness, decent pace all did them in. Your pace has to be complemented by accuracy to a reasonable degree. If it falls below that level you are going to struggle no matter what pace you bowl at. I haven't seen Umesh in a while. So can't really accurately predict his performance. Hope he goes well. He has to go well alongwith others. It has to come from within. They have to take it personally and come really hard at South Afircans and stand up for India's batsmen for once.

"I would say so," Steyn said when asked if South Africa's bowlers might have frightened the Indian batsmen enough to last them through the remainder of the tour. "I would definitely say so. I didn't see many of our guys walking off the field with bloody fingers or ice packs on ribs, so it definitely was a wake-up call for the Indians. It's not Mumbai where the ball doesn't get higher than the stumps. It's going to be hard to play here. While Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli toughed it out against Steyn and the new balls, Steyn was not quite impressed with what followed in the middle order. "I think our intensity the other night really blew them away," Steyn said after the mandatory disclaimer that he expected the visiting batsmen to come back hard. "I think we also showed them that they have a weakness in the middle order. [suresh] Raina, [R] Ashwin, Yuvraj [singh], other batters in the end, they didn't really look like they wanted to get in line. So hopefully we can exploit that a little bit more. But they have batters who can play and score. Shikhar's [Dhawan] another guy who can really bat. So we are prepared for that too. Everyone is a target, to be honest with you." "If you really want to look at it though, with the ball they lack someone who can really bowl with pace up there. They need that one guy there bowling so. They have got Ishant [sharma] sitting on the sides, he is the one guy that can bowl over 140kmph. And we have got really good batters like [Jacques] Kallis, [Hashim] Amla, [Quinton] de Kock, [AB] de Villiers in some good space now. I think you need guys who can spin the ball a mile or can bowl quickly. Steyn backing his mate ishant here.India better not fall in the trap.

Then it becomes tough decison if there is moisture then we should bowl first or we can be positive and bat first .
yeah,by the looks of it,the pitch wont assist spinners and there will be moisture in the morning so better bowl 1st ,stack the team with 4 pacers and back urself to chase..if less moisture and no demonish tinge on the pitch then back urself to bat 1st and hope saf chokes

Lol ultimate diss by Steyn! Being the captain of the country, it shud be Dhonis responblity to get the message across about requiring pacers. You saw CLyod from Windies in1970s n 1980s, he went all over Carribean looking for genuine pacers. Look at ourDhoni, VP Rhiti sports, Mahi racing team, Md of Indian team. This guy has all time in the world to do everything else but not look for genuine talent or getting the message across

Either way we will chase. SA won't want to chase any total. India won't want to bat first anyway. :cantstop:
you r absolutely wrong ,de villiers will definitely keen to bowl first.he choosed bat 2nd even against strong pakistan bowling attack
I am afraid we cannot single out players for an impending series loss. Given the deliberate conditions they are going to crush us with any team that we put up. I am highly skeptical about bowling more than batting.
Exactly, let the South African batsmen play against their bowling on this pitch and see how many they manage to score. The main problem is bowling. Of course Yuvi and Raina are useless.
you r absolutely wrong ' date='de villiers will definitely keen to bowl first.he choosed bat 2nd even against strong pakistan bowling attack[/quote'] What happened to that result. They got owned. So he won't make that mistake again. Besides considering how freely they bat when they bat first, he will opt to bat again.
"In India the ball doesn't get higher than the stumps.This is not Mumbai. Here' date= they cannot score easily in different areas and it is going to be hard to play here. "
Most pitches in India it is knee height. It is a good thing sachin retired before the SA tour , it would have been physically and mentally devastating for him. If Vernon Philander plays (Strike Rate : 37.9 , NINE 5-wkt hauls , 2 10-wkt hauls.) , team won't cross 100.
I don't think Umesh has an inswinger. Sometimes the ball hits the seam and comes back in (Ponting's wicket at Perth).