India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

No way, unless we want another draw or chance of a loss. jadeja can bowl a number of overs, as can rohit or dhawan if needed. Jadeja brings into play caught and bowled. Also a brilliant fielder. Can add some runs. Likely to get some wickets and dry up runs. If not jadeja, then umesh yadav. Or jadeja replaces ashwin and yadav replaces one of the pacers, probably ishant but unlikely. But the batting should stay the same.

Yes. No point in dropping him for one match. and no point in picking Yadav for one match. It's pointless. Better to go with the same combination.
Why isn't there a point? That ONE match will decide the series result so i'd want to win that. Ashwin, bowls 60+ overs for no wicket, can't do anything overseas. Yes, steyn got no wickets 2nd innings either but he's one of the best, he can have a off day because in 1st innings he got a wicket or 2. Ashwin has done nothing noteworthy. We should look to change weak links, and ashwin is one of them

I want him in the side for his batting. Current form, I would go with Ojha or Jaddu on a track that would turn, such as the one in Durban. He has no plans of his own and if things aren't going his way he switches to around the wicket and bowls that defensive line. It would be a nice plan to give him a break and let him work on his action a bit. Rarely keeps it simple and has become highly predictable.

I want him in the side for his batting. Current form, I would go with Ojha or Jaddu on a track that would turn, such as the one in Durban. He has no plans of his own and if things aren't going his way he switches to around the wicket and bowls that defensive line. It would be a nice plan to give him a break and let him work on his action a bit. Rarely keeps it simple and has become highly predictable.
Yes. His wicket taking ability is very very vital in the coming overseas tours. If he is going to be used primarily as someone who can hold one end up, it will hurt both him and India. He will never grow. India will end up overbowling others and hurt them as well. The hidden damage can be telling. I wouldn't mind losing his batting ability if India can get more wickets with other bowlers.

He did bowl well on the 5th day although it would have been nice to see some wickets under his belt. There is no way MSD is dropping Ashwin for this test, so lets just hope that he bowls the same way as he did during the last day and picks up some wickets. One wicket will give him some confidence and will help him to bowl better.

Yes. His wicket taking ability is very very vital in the coming overseas tours. If he is going to be used primarily as someone who can hold one end up' date=' it will hurt both him and India. He will never grow. India will end up overbowling others and hurt them as well. The hidden damage can be telling. I wouldn't mind losing his batting ability if India can get more wickets with other bowlers.[/quote'] Apart from NZ and SA, every other team has a strike spin bowler. Even Lyon can be dangerous at times. Ashwin isn't going anywhere for now. AFAIK, our spin cupboard is empty. If there is any ideal replacement for Ashwin, its B.Aparjith. Handy with the bat and ball. Ashwin needs a break big time to amend his action.

Everyone is going on about Ashwin's batting like he's going to score a century or something. Batting isn't our biggest issue here, it's bowling.. Jaddu gets in on bowling alone. The fact that he fields excellently and can also bat are bonus points (this is actuallly ironic because he's a batting all-rounder, but he has proved to be instrumental as a test bowler).

It won't matter' date=' how many plus point you guys tell about SIR jaddu ... ASHWIN will be in playing eleven tomorrow ..period ![/quote'] Just a wish. Final call we be taken by team management. We have to remember Indian team won't be like ICF> The way they look at the problem will be completely different from the way we look at it. Hence the solution will also be different. They will look at long term plan. Despite Tahir bowling horribly Smith did not hesitate to bring him back against tailenders. It means they have fait in him. Similarly Ashwin's inclusion will depend on captain's faith more than anything else. If you were a captain you might also go his way.