Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

Yeah, the jaahil to non-jaahil ratio is very high. This thread itself is evidence of it - and this is the educated, English speaking, exposed to science class. But lowering it can be achieved only one step at a time. Rome built and all that.
So let the first brick in building our "rome" should be gay rights :giggle:

In India if they gave a gay couple the right to adopt,it in itself would be an abuse of child rights....can you imagine a kid in India growing up to gay parents. Our society is not ready for this yet
Of course I can imagine it and dont' see whats so wrong about a kid growing up to gay parents. :dontknow: In the 50s, society was not ready for Dalits drinking water from the same wells as other castes do. Change takes time, and the least the country can do is make a biological predisposition to sexual preference explicitly legal.

^Where did I once say anything homophobic or anti-gay?All I am saying is this issue is being politicised and in our desperation to reveal our liberal mindset we are getting carried away. Smoking Pot/Drugs and prostitution in India is illegal too but things happen like they are business as usual,Similarly rights or no rights gays will exist...shaking up things is pointless....infact making this illegal will keep emotions under check...anyways why point to just BJP,Most conservative religions are against gay rights.

And I bring in conservatives and religion to this discussion because our country functions on their opinions and it's a hard fact..Try challenging that...Unfortunately,60 years of a certain rule has tuned me to think that way atleast,So why is all of a sudden this party going against all sentiments and making this happen,is it time for a change :woot: or did they find the suitable person belonging to the "familia" to build rome

Btw BJP's stance isnt merely that a change in the law is not needed as no one will be convicted on 377 - it is that the homosexuality is an unnatural act

We will state (at an all-party meeting if it is called) that we support Section 377 because we believe that homosexuality is an unnatural act and cannot be supported." Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/bjp-breaks-silence-on-sec-377-says-part-will-never-support-homosexuality-1286933.html?utm_source=ref_article
The 2nd biggest party in the country right now is taking a homophobic and bigoted stand. Not to speak of the fact that it is scientifically ignorant.