Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

looks like no one really cares about gays' date=' people are more interested in slamming one pary, while decision is made by SC :cantstop:[/quote'] Now you and Ravishing will post along this line in every Congress thread "As long as they are gay, its okay. At least they are not anti-gay":haha:

^ there is no Con thread nor Con supporters , we only have closet con party supporters here :secret: Still nice to se so many gay (supporters) posters here... I am not agianst LGBT's but people using this as a opportunity to express their vendetta against a particular party is big no.

Wait a sec. They are taking a homophobic and ignorant stand just to avoid offending some of their supporters. How is this different from appeasment?
Ask the average Muslim,Christian,SIkh,Jain or even Jew(there is a small jewish community isn't there) their stand on Gay rights.....BJP is just echoing the most poular sentiment.......If a party can make airy-fairy statements about a popular issue like corrutpion with out any head and tail for a plan or if another part for 60+ years has made a legacy by playing vote bank politics,how is what BJP said worse than the above. I am not supporting BJP's statement here,all I am saying is that is the most non-controversial thing to say in sync with our society. Appealing to hipsters and a few wannabe liberals is not the way to go. Let us judge any party on their more grand plan of tackling more burning issues than gay rights...Clearly one party has failed in doing so time and time again.

Ask the average Muslim,Christian,SIkh,Jain or even Jew(there is a small jewish community isn't there) their stand on Gay rights.....BJP is just echoing the most poular sentiment.......If a party can make airy-fairy statements about a popular issue like corrutpion with out any head and tail for a plan or if another part for 60+ years has made a legacy by playing vote bank politics,how is what BJP said worse than the above. I am not supporting BJP's statement here,all I am saying is that is the most non-controversial thing to say in sync with our society.
Again, you are repeating what I said. BJP is taking an ignorant and bigoted stand to avoid offending the chaddi brigades of all colors in our society. How is this different from appeasement? Unless of course, you agree that homosexuality is unnatural. Because otherwise BJP is clearly wrong here
Appealing to hipsters and a few wannabe liberals is not the way to go. Let us judge any party on their more grand plan of tackling more burning issues than gay rights...Clearly one party has failed in doing so time and time again.
Clearly for BJP, appealing to the 101st internet regiment of the saffron chaddi brigade is the way to go.

Because No one cared....It is different now that all kinds of people are paying attention to this.....which was my point to begin with' date='why focus on a non-issue[/quote'] Yes. I also feel this has been blown out of proportion. I would have taken this as ISSUE if there was any credible evidence that homosexuals are being persecuted through law for being homosexuals. But gays openly carry out parades in country and nobody books them for being gay. I asked couple of times in this thread to find me an example where two consenting adults have faced any proceedings for indulging in homosexuality. In fact, more people would have been prosecuted for doing consensual heterosexual activities and doing homosexual activities.

Late VHP leader BP Singhal had challenged the High Court verdict in the Supreme Court saying such acts are illegal, immoral and against the ethos of Indian culture. Religious organisations like All India Muslim Personal Law Board, Utkal Christian Council and Apostolic Churches Alliance too have challenged the judgment. The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Right, Tamil Nadu Muslim Munn Kazhgam, SD Pritinidhi Sabha, Joint Action Council, Raza Academy, astrologer Suresh Kumar Kaushal, yoga guru Ramdev's disciple SK Tijarawala, Ram Murti, Bhim Singh, B Krishna Bhat had also opposed the verdict.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/parliamentarians-not-hopeful-of-timely-passage-of-sec-377-amendment/439091-3.html hope our "esteemed" "unbiased" posters give reference from every point of view :pray:

Your post proves Rahgav's point .All the 14 people arrested ,none of the were doing consensual sex privately.
The first FIR in Hassan deals with a complainant who alleges he was forced into having “unnatural sexâ€. Six people named in it -- one of them a doctor -- are charged with compelling a 21-year-old engineering student to have sex with them at various points in 2011. The student says he contracted HIV as a result and was blackmailed into having sex with these men over several months in 2011.
The first case is of male rape which our constitution does not recognise
The other two FIRs charge eight people with public sex. The police said they had made those arrests at a popular cruising spot but refused to clarify whether the legal requirements for a formal arrest were followed
Not even a single person arrested for private consensual gay sex

Catering to ONLY the majority is also called appeasement - the same policy which BJP supporters cry about. While just community appeasement is not good for our society, majority appeasement is just the other end of the spectrum and as bad. The best is something in between. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majoritarianism
Well may I ask you where were you all when women's rights organisation, forced gender neutral word out of anti rape law.The majority of victims of rapes are women , women's organistaions said that " Our country is not ready for gender neutral rape law" though most of victims of sexual abuse are women there are minority of victims that are men .So what about their rights where is ho halla for minority male sexual abuse victims Majority of gay supporters are supporting gay rights because they want to ape west and it is hot issue their so it must hot issue in India , that's it.

Well may I ask you where were you all when women's rights organisation, forced gender neutral word out of anti rape law.The majority of victims of rapes are women , women's organistaions said that " Our country is not ready for gender neutral rape law" though most of victims of sexual abuse are women there are minority of victims that are men .So what about their rights where is ho halla for minority male sexual abuse victims Majority of gay supporters are supporting gay rights because they want to ape west and it is hot issue their so it must hot issue in India , that's it.
Right - when I'm talking about LGBT rights you come back with "What about ....?" I thought this tactic of "Whataboutism" ended with the erstwhile Soviet Union policy after the Cold War but it's making a comeback these days. Particularly, in Indian poetical discourse. http://www.economist.com/node/10598774

Bjp may well be over estimating the cost (in terms of votes) of taking the correct stand.
true. They have lost a sure voter in me.I refuse to vote for people who think people's right to basic needs is something they can take a decision on. Today it is this ...tomorrow they will tell us what to wear...how to live our life. They can go to hell.