Aam Aadmi Party Thread

Stuge

How far can the guerrilla style politics take Arvind Kejriwal & Co?
What followed was stone pelting, tearing down of hoardings in front of the BJP offices, sticks and chairs flying across the gates and eventually, the police using water cannons to disperse the crowds. Now, even though there is no clarity on who threw the first projectile, the fact that AAP thought it was wise to march down with 300 odd people on back of unverified reports of why Kejriwal was stopped shows their ‘Guerilla politik’ style of politics. Act first, think later, seems to be popular notion within the party and the streets are the chosen venue to even have a “debate,” let alone showcase dissent. Delhi proved to be a good example of what AAP and its politics is like. The fact that AAP managed to make a government and Kejriwal became the Chief Minister, only to abandon his voters within a month,instead of trying to change the system from within has created a backlash within sections of its own voter base, which is still genuinely looking for a new phase of political evolution in the country. What Kejriwal seems to be offering people today economic policy wise is possibly more worrying than his political no-show in Delhi. The fact that AAP even thought that an immediate 50% reduction in Delhi’s power prices is possible without larger consequences, or dismantling the policy for FDI in retail for the state,showed that either the party is ill-advised on economic matters or it practices what can only be described as ‘Left of the Left’ politics. AAP portrays profit as a sin, the business as a sinner, and government control as the saviour. This is precisely the thought process which was eliminated in the early 90s which in turn enabled the country’s economy to grow robustly. The investment climate under the government of the UPA II has already hit a big road block and AAP’s ideologies will not move the country in a direction which its youth, which now accounts for nearly 50 percent of the country’s population, is going to be looking for tomorrow. The party’s anti-corruption agenda is only a part of its identity; it needs to look much beyond that if it intends to make a significant long-term impact on Indian politics. AAP’s current structure is not in-sync with a 21st century India, where jobs, economic growth and upliftment of citizens out of chronic poverty needs to be at the forefront of all political agenda. And this cannot be done without a robust economy backed by visionary politics. Taking to the streets, using symbolisms such as sleeping on the road while still holding the office of the Chief Minister, calling everyone who seems to be standing on the opposite side to you as “corrupt” are not electoral or political strategies, but only hyperbolic reactions. Kejriwal and the AAP need to learn lessons from Delhi, a state which they have rendered leaderless for at least the next one year because of arrogance of not trying to work through the very symptoms that they want to eradicate. You cannot perform a heart surgery while standing in the visitor’s lounge.
Good article. Particular the point about backlash. That deserves to be answered. We hear a lot about its popularity, but then why are people particularly founding members quitting ? In India, Bollywood style heroism will get you a lot of fans which pretty much symbolizes AAP imo.

He exposed so many congess people. Son in law and khurshid for example. Why spout this propaganda' date=' we are not stupid:hysterical:[/quote'] Yeah right. Pre elections, will make a lot promises and be anti of every opposition. But post elections, be in hands with Congress. AK talked about having a investigating Dikshit pre Delhi elections but post elections, they backtracked completely. Reminds me of a certain, Samajwadi Party.

Funny thing is Kejri didn't even protested when Shiela became governor of Kerala :cantstop: No idea how a "honest" AAP allowed a corrupt person become governor of one state? what happened to the evidence against her?

This is the question/issue

Kejriwal and other state leaders of AAP have skipped toll tax payment at three place, moving off with his entire cavalcade. He did not pay the toll at Varahi toll booth in Patan district and Surajbari and Samakhiyali in Kutch district," Patel alleged. "Former Gujarat MLA from BJP, Kanubhai Kalsariya, was also travelling with him. They did not stop their car even when the toll-booth employee asked them to do so," he claimed.
This is the answer from AAP :cantstop:
AAP's state convener Sukhdev Patel said, "They should first check their own history before making such allegations against us. They took Vitthal Radadiya, accused of showing a gun to toll-booth employee for asking the toll tax, in their party," he said. "They even made his son minister in their cabinet, so they have no face to make such allegations," he said further.

You cannot win seats just by doing negative campaign... You have to bring some sort of positivity...
My point as well. It's fine if you blame or question the opposition parties sometimes but when you make that your entire agenda, its very problematic. AAP has completely moved away from any development or anti-corruption. They are not at all asking for votes for their performance in Delhi, their past record and their vision. Like Congress, nothing on development front but instead only victimization. Such as, Party XYZ will hurt you so please vote for us. No different from Congress and its close associates (BSP, SP). You need to bring something for the public to take inspiration through positive records, not just scaring people away from the opposition parties by offering negativity.

^ So you agree that AAP is no different. I don't think any of us claimed BJP is saint party,they have issues..just thinkign that they can govern bit better comapred to the current nonsense going on in this country. Except for Yeddy,most other BJP CM's done reasonably well & also NDA gave good governance in 6 years rule. But there is no proof with AAP giving good goverance for long term,just one bill not passed they ran away like chickens.Also the number of U-turns by party,the high commnad culture,sidelining original members,not keeping their own words,outright lies all make AAP more as a opportunistic party.

What ever happened to that BJP politician guy who was wielding a gun at the toll booth and threatning to shoot everyone but was caught on CCTV. I assume he was thrown out of BJP plus arrested and put in jail?
I know its unintentional. But every time you try to defend them, it is clear that it's a failed idea.

What ever happened to that BJP politician guy who was wielding a gun at the toll booth and threatning to shoot everyone but was caught on CCTV. I assume he was thrown out of BJP plus arrested and put in jail?
Shocker! Another AAP member who just know how to shout and complain, but answers naaaa. So many straight forward questions here but yet no answers given by this esteemed party and fans.

At least, read what you post. From the same TOI link. Typical TOI-let paper headline.
So you show up, read one line in an article and skip all the other questions and concerns posted in this thread :giggle: Hit and run party is perfect for you! :winky:

So you show up, read one line in an article and skip all the other questions and concerns posted in this thread :giggle: Hit and run party is perfect for you! :winky:
True that. And I guess it's better to ignore them these days as they are no different from bots and only act as propaganda or advertising agents here.

You posted an article without reading it and ended up with an egg on your face. Even S=G agreed that part was wrong. Despite showing so, you have the nerve to reply with the typical "Whataboutism" rather than accepting that the 1-part was wrong. Your initial posts on the forum were quite different (in tone and understanding) than they are today. It would do good to go back and read the tone in which you posted your comments.

Why is no one answering my query?
The question to ur answer is plain simple ,that guy vitthal radia was a congress man at that time,also admit he has done it ,but atleast he doesn't go on blame ,every tom ,dyck and Harry ,and select those who are against development;and by the way u r pretending as if all aapians are the next coming of sant tulsidas and meera bai. sent from dil se

You posted an article without reading it and ended up with an egg on your face. Even S=G agreed that part was wrong. Despite showing so' date=' you have the nerve to reply with the typical "Whataboutism" rather than accepting that the 1-part was wrong. Your initial posts on the forum were quite different (in tone and understanding) than they are today. It would do good to go back and read the tone in which you posted your comments.[/quote'] I have read the article in its entirety before posting it. You need to read my post again, this time try with an unbiased mind if that is even possible. I have not made a single comment about the article, just posted the article in its entirety. However, you look at my posts from an adverserial point of view, hence you are seeing some hidden comments that don't even exist. It can also be seen in the manner in which you critique. Now, check my post again and we can see who really got an egg on their face. If you have a problem with the contents of the article then the source is timesofindia, not me. You may now wipe your face.

You posted an article without reading it and ended up with an egg on your face. Even S=G agreed that part was wrong. Despite showing so' date=' you have the nerve to reply with the typical "Whataboutism" rather than accepting that the 1-part was wrong. Your initial posts on the forum were quite different (in tone and understanding) than they are today. It would do good to go back and read the tone in which you posted your comments.[/quote'] As regards to the quality of my posts, I do not need your advice. I do not like the tone of your comments either. They are unusually harsh. I am only mentioning this since you commented on the tone of my posts. I do not mind even if you persist with this tone.