Aam Aadmi Party Thread

Stuge

its a minority government with outside support of congress. not the "minority" government as some may assume :winky:
minority tab hoti jab bjp voting as abstain karti aur 28 se hi kaam chal jata. They must have congress support to exist in government. Its not a minority government.

No matter what but you have to give credit to Arvind kejriwal for his phenominal success.For the first time in Indian history we saw both the first and second largest party were not interested in forming govt and support of third party forced the second one to form the govt. At present everybody have to accept that Aap is most clean party.What I don't like about AAP is they are doing same politics of giving freebies to people like 50% reduction in electricity bill and 700 liters of water .This type of politics is not good for the country .

I am happy that having made that swear on his children comment , he did not back off taking responsibility. This is a good lesson for AAP, do not talk prematurely when you are in politics..Of course, one can argue that he was talking about alliance with Congress or BJP , and now they are forming a minority government, so technically he has done no wrong. But the fact is politics is game of perceptions, and one needs to be extra careful in what they talk and what they do. All these while they have taken a maximalist approach, which was the right thing to do when you are an outside force. But when you are in politics , exclusivity doesn't work and it is treated as arrogance. They should be willing to learn and change, they should talk to other parties, be ready to compromise on few things without compromising their core ideologies i.e honesty, transparency and fight against corruption such that they can last longer in satta and do complete justice to their manifesto. They need to understand change in political system they want to bring in needs time, hence they cant take a position of "my way is highway" and I dare you to take back support.

AAP has been insisting that the private discoms are inflating their costs to get higher tariff approved by the regulator and that a rigorous scrutiny of their books will reveal this and hence enable a reduction in tariff. While the political imperative to carry out such an audit would be high, there could be legal hurdles. A petition questioning whether CAG has the mandate to examine books of private companies, especially when there is no revenue-sharing arrangement with the government, is pending in Delhi high court.
Hope court listens to Aam admi
It appears that any reduction in tariff can only come through huge subsidies. Effectively then, the taxpayer will pay for the reduced power bills in other ways. Discom officials TOI spoke to estimate that the cost of a 50% reduction in power tariff would entail a subsidy bill of about Rs 500 crore a month.
Does tax payer fall under Aam admi category? http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Taxpayer-will-foot-bill-if-power-tariff-halved/articleshow/27809714.cms

the nation wants to know... is arvind kejriwal a jaahil or non-jaahil? :hitler:
Depends on your answer about human rights. There is one jaahil government in India, and it exists in Gujarat - yeah the same one which sanctioned the killing of Musalmaans, thinks gay sex is unnatural, sanctions state resources to snoop on rakhails. have convicted criminals in cabinet, used public money to perpetrate a fraud etc. etc.

Depends on your answer about human rights. There is one jaahil government in India' date=' and it exists in Gujarat - yeah the same one which sanctioned the killing of Musalmaans, thinks gay sex is unnatural, sanctions state resources to snoop on rakhails. have convicted criminals in cabinet, used public money to perpetrate a fraud etc. etc.[/quote'] Are you sure there is only one such government? I mean the Jahil government atleast provides 24 hr electricity and increase in agricultural and industrial growth to the people of their state. The non jahil government in UP does all those activities like killing of Mussalmman in Muzafarnagar, calling Lokpal bad names, having people like Raja Bhaiya in cabinet yet they do not provide any basic amenities to the people of there state. Your call to prefer Jahil or non Jahil government.