2014 Lok Sabha Elections thread |Exit poll results

ganeshran

its much deeper than that NCP internally. There is a huge power struggle between Supriya Sule and her husband with her cousin and the nephew Ajit Pawar. Sharad Pawar is aware that Sule and her husband cant stand upto Ajit once he (sharad) dies. Thats exactly why Sharad Pawar shifted to the rajya sabha. To keep an eye on the NCP workings. NCP traditionally is dependent on the maratha vote bank in western maharashtra and draws its funds from pimpri chinchwad navi mumbai and pune municipal corporations. There is a small faction of the NCP who wants to break ties with the congress and go it alone in maharashtra assembly elections. Mind you this is a small faction. The reason being they feel confident that they will be back after 5 years time with the congress and its a matter of teaching the congress, especially Prithviraj Chavan a lesson for opening an investigation into the irrigation scam. They want the current maha cm gone permanently. They would much rather work with people like Ashok Chavan.

BJD chief whip indicates conditional support to NDA "Keeping in view the opinion of the whole country and the state's interest, there should be no problem in providing conditional support to NDA to form government at the Centre," BJD's chief whip Pravat Tripathy told a news channel. http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-bjd-chief-whip-indicates-conditional-support-to-nda-1988046 Erm, interesting and yet, again not surprising.

BJD chief whip indicates conditional support to NDA "Keeping in view the opinion of the whole country and the state's interest, there should be no problem in providing conditional support to NDA to form government at the Centre," BJD's chief whip Pravat Tripathy told a news channel. http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-bjd-chief-whip-indicates-conditional-support-to-nda-1988046 Erm, interesting and yet, again not surprising.
interesting to see what the numbers for orissa assembly are. I think Patnik will form government without any help. But the margin of his victory remains to be seen. I feel if the BJP can form government without Patnaik they should go for it. You need to build your base in orissa long term. Gping back to patnaik is no solution.

So calls on twitter to make Amit Shah a chairman for national commission for minorities since he is a jain. :--D
If NDA forms the govt and UP's performance is as good as these reports are saying, then this man needs to be BJP president in a year. Rajnath has been so useless, under his nose in UP BJP gets 45 seats out of 430 that's really shameful.

If NDA forms the govt and UP's performance is as good as these reports are saying, then this man needs to be BJP president in a year. Rajnath has been so useless, under his nose in UP BJP gets 45 seats out of 430 that's really shameful.
I was thinking Home Ministry. But BJP presidency isn't a bad spot either. Strengthening hold in UP, while expansion into WB, TN, Orissa and Kerala would be needed.

leave amit shah as a strategist in the field his next stop should be maharashtra for assembly elections in 2014. Let Jaitley handle the government keep Shah for the assembly elections If modi forms government he needs to extend an olive branch to the advani faction.

leave amit shah as a strategist in the field his next stop should be maharashtra for assembly elections in 2014. Let Jaitley handle the government keep Shah for the assembly elections
jaitley is going to loose (prediction @exit poll),,,,,,though rajya sabha option is there

amit shah comes off as a pramod mahajan type figure. i agree that he should maintain BJP organization.
he is nothing like mahajan. Mahajan is a jaitley type. somebody who can pass bills through parliament and is good at inter party functioning. Amit shah is somebody who gets **** done on the ground. Ie he gets his hands dirty. If Amit Shah can delivery UP then I rate him streets ahead of Mahajan. For all Mahajans charm he never made a big impact on elections in maharashtra.

he is nothing like mahajan. Mahajan is a jaitley type. somebody who can pass bills through parliament and is good at inter party functioning. Amit shah is somebody who gets **** done on the ground. Ie he gets his hands dirty. If Amit Shah can delivery UP then I rate him streets ahead of Mahajan. For all Mahajans charm he never made a big impact on elections in maharashtra.
well to be fair to mahajan, he did play integral role in BJP's first time in power. Maharasthra is not an easy state to woo. Despite Shiv Sena's long history, they have only been in power once there

If Modi does form government Modi needs to make some strategic calls. Maharashtra elections coming up, induct one of Munde or Gadkari into the cabinet. Leave other for the assembly. All indicators point to Munde for assembly Gadkari for national. Similarly in Karnataka Ananth Kumar or Yeddy. One national and one local.

well to be fair to mahajan, he did play integral role in BJP's first time in power. Maharasthra is not an easy state to woo. Despite Shiv Sena's long history, they have only been in power once there
what role? as member of Rajya sabha? Look i am not saying you dont need a mahajan type. You need your mahajans and jaitleys and you need your Amit shahs. Now to be fair to Mahajan, i am pretty sure that he would have inducted Raj T to the BJP and would have made relationships between the warring cousins smooth and the safron combine in maharashtra would be much stronger. The BJP missed him big time there. However for somebody who was not a mass leader he had some big illusions of grandeur.