2014 Lok Sabha Elections thread |Exit poll results

ganeshran

^ I still doubt AAP can eat Con party core voters in entire country. In Delhi it's easy as small state and selfless volunteers going home to home,add to that non stop rape cases , coruuption and free water/suv=bsidized electricty helped immensly. Even after this 5 out of 8 Con party MLA's belonged to particular community. Still long way to go.

My opinion is that they might (not necessarily should) vote for the BJP in the game of musical chairs while they look for a suitable govt. Does Netaji have a record to be proud of going by his multiple terms as CM ? How did he get to form the state govt this time ? Who are his allies at the center ? Based on that' date=' the principle opposition at the center 'might' gain from it and people's memories of BSP rule might be fresher.[/quote'] Aaah okay. The way you go after SP, BSP, and Congress with regards to UP, I thought BJP had provided 24 ghante bijli and mast sadaks. Yes, people might vote for BJP this time, but they had by far the worst sarkaar in UP over the last 20 years. Though with the advent of AAP any predictions in UP in a 5 cornered contest are fraught with danger, where even 20-25% of the vote might be enough to win a seat.

:hail: Twitter faces BJP flak over new India news head http://www.livemint.com/Consumer/9Vk8JkkI7h6BsYwyTqytnK/Twitter-faces-BJP-flak-over-new-India-news-head.html
To be sure, Khursheed, a prolific tweeter (he has posted 44,201 tweets since joining the social media site in 2008) who has 6,546 followers on the microblogging site, has been critical of Modi and senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley. But he has also criticized India’s Kashmir policy, and, in a recent article for Quartz, a website launched by Atlantic Monthly at qz.com, criticised the Gandhi family, especially Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.

thekiranbedi: Any one of us who wants a scam free country cannot vote back Congress!India needs stability and experienced hands to provide for all!
thekiranbedi: For me it's India First! Stable,Well Governed,Administered,Accountable and Inclusive.As a an independent voter,my vote is for NaMo

Aaah okay. The way you go after SP' date= BSP, and Congress with regards to UP, I thought BJP had provided 24 ghante bijli and mast sadaks. Yes, people might vote for BJP this time, but they had by far the worst sarkaar in UP over the last 20 years. Though with the advent of AAP any predictions in UP in a 5 cornered contest are fraught with danger, where even 20-25% of the vote might be enough to win a seat.
Local govt is one thing and central govt another; I'm primarily concerned with the latter and will be thoroughly disappointed if the incumbent govt and its direct & indirect supporters (which includes all the highlighted ones) are voted back in power. I might have mentioned UP in particular here and there mostly because the rest of the country is forced to depend on it for a stable govt and its a real shame considering the absolute laggard it is compared to so many other states.

I thought BJP had provided 24 ghante bijli and mast sadaks.
Beleive me dude, even if they would have provided 24 ghante bijli and sadak, you would have still been giving Maa Bahen ki gaaliyan to them. But there is something with BJP led government in few of the states like Goa, MP, Chattisgarh, Gujarat etc. have done which are appreciable. Of course exceptions are everywhere like Karnataka and previous governments of Rajasthan and UP. But overall they have been much better than others. Kalyan Singh and his team were elected by the people of UP on communal issues. Mulayam and Mayawati have been elected due to caste based politics. The day non jahils of UP start voting for development and good governance(of course Mayawati provided that to some extent) Kalyan singh and Mulayam Singh's baap will also have to provide the law and order, bijli and sadak, things which are least expected from a government. Problem is not only the politicians, problem is also the mentallity of people where Mr. Jha votes for some party just on the basis that the candidate is a Brahmin.

Nana Patekar joins BJP & no news in media & someone joins AAP' date=' its a big coverage[/quote'] till date there has been only speculation regarding that. There has not been any official word from either BJP or Nana Patekar. As for AAP getting big coverage - their honeymoon period is going on so obviously they will get big coverage.