2014 Lok Sabha Elections thread |Exit poll results

ganeshran

I think BJP will actually get less than 200 seats and NDA will end up @ 230-240... I also think JD(U) will breakup and the factions will join NDA.... NCP might give outside support to NDA and would like to go solo in the upcoming MaHa state elections...

I think BJP will actually get less than 200 seats and NDA will end up @ 230-240... I also think JD(U) will breakup and the factions will join NDA.... NCP might give outside support to NDA and would like to go solo in the upcoming MaHa state elections...
I also think there are high chances of JDU breaking up but the benefit for the BJP will come in the Assembly Elections and not in Lok Sabha. As for NCP - Pawar will join if he gets a good cabinet berth for himself.

All the exit polls have had one thing in common - all have said that there is going to be a decisive loss for the Congress yet the confidence of Kangressis seems dangerous to me - either the dirty tricks department has done something or they are in better position that everyone else expects. BJP on the other hands seems way too overconfident right now. IMO while panning for the formation of the Govt, they should also be ready for a shocker on Friday.

All the exit polls have had one thing in common - all have said that there is going to be a decisive loss for the Congress yet the confidence of Kangressis seems dangerous to me - either the dirty tricks department has done something or they are in better position that everyone else expects. BJP on the other hands seems way too overconfident right now. IMO while panning for the formation of the Govt, they should also be ready for a shocker on Friday.
http://www.firstpost.com/politics/endgame-how-the-congress-is-plotting-modis-downfall-1523473.html I would wait for May16th before writing off Congress. They can stoop to any level...

I dont think Gadkari will become the bjp party president. He will get a cabinet berth. The reason being that Gadkari is more of an RSS man than a BJP man. The RSS want one of their own men (or most trusted men) in cabinet meetings to voice their views. Let Gadkari first win from Nagpur. The RSS mobilized massive numbers of cadres to ensure he wins. Any call on Gadkari needs to be made keeping Munde in mind. Poor tactics to yank both of them to the cabinet while Maharashtra is going to the polls in less than 6 months. The remaining BJP leaders dont have the clout Eknath khadse is strong in the Desh region but the BJP needs Gadkari to deliver in Viderbha and Munde to deliver Marathwada

I dont think Gadkari will become the bjp party president. He will get a cabinet berth. The reason being that Gadkari is more of an RSS man than a BJP man. The RSS want one of their own men (or most trusted men) in cabinet meetings to voice their views. Let Gadkari first win from Nagpur. The RSS mobilized massive numbers of cadres to ensure he wins. Any call on Gadkari needs to be made keeping Munde in mind. Poor tactics to yank both of them to the cabinet while Maharashtra is going to the polls in less than 6 months. The remaining BJP leaders dont have the clout Eknath khadse is strong in the Desh region but the BJP needs Gadkari to deliver in Viderbha and Munde to deliver Marathwada
The thing is that if Modi becomes PM he won't like Rajnath Singh as Party Prez bcoz Rajanth is too conniving and has always tried to put his own interest before the party (one of the biggest reasons for BJP's decline in UP is Rajnath Singh favoring his own men over deserving people). There are few people he can trust who can be made party Prez and Gadkari is currently one of them that is why I think he has a chance. As for Gadkari and Munde both being allowed to contest elections - I agree it is a mistake. They are making the same mistake in Delhi by having Dr. harshwardhan contest even though Delhi election is just around the corner.

btw how sidhu manged to win thrice times from amritsar seat when a seasoned jaitley staring towards defeat?
Sidhu is very popular.He has an image of a clean guy who works.BJP was wrong to remove him from Amritsar.He would have defeated Amrinder.
Was watching CNN ibn' date='amit shah trolled rajdeep :rofl:[/quote'] What happened? Why does the Indian PM needs US visa?Denial of Visa or sanctioning a head of state is equivalent to declaration of war if US wants to do that.So be it.If Modi becomes PM Visas will come in a platter and Red Carpets will be laid out for him.

Sidhu is very popular.He has an image of a clean guy who works.BJP was wrong to remove him from Amritsar.He would have defeated Amrinder.
Sidhu was removed as he had a uneasy relationship with SAD, thus to avoid any further potential embarrassment, he was removed. And Jailey can win actually , different opinion polls are giving different readings.

The thing is that if Modi becomes PM he won't like Rajnath Singh as Party Prez bcoz Rajanth is too conniving and has always tried to put his own interest before the party (one of the biggest reasons for BJP's decline in UP is Rajnath Singh favoring his own men over deserving people). There are few people he can trust who can be made party Prez and Gadkari is currently one of them that is why I think he has a chance. As for Gadkari and Munde both being allowed to contest elections - I agree it is a mistake. They are making the same mistake in Delhi by having Dr. harshwardhan contest even though Delhi election is just around the corner.
Yes, the decline of BJP in UP since 2002 can be traced to Rajanth singh. But lets keep in mind that Rajanth singh and Gadkari are close friends and have been since the days of the RSS. When Gadkari was forced to step down he suggested and pushed for Rajnath. I dont see the degree of trust improving that much with Gadkari around. Plus its a case of Gadkari will do what the RSS tells him. They want him in cabinet. The only other options will be to push for somebody else as BJP president. Agree on the Harshvardhan part. Atleast in maharashtra politics due to major coalitions there are many centers of power. So its not that personality driven. Still you need them marshaling the troops on the ground. Both Thakareys will not directly fight any election. In the case of Harshvardhan if the BJP are comfertable at the centre in terms of numbers he be the face of the assembly elections.

Sonia Gandhi held a farewell dinner for MMS.................and Rahul Gandhi skipped it. MMS lost his entire legacy and has had his integrity questioned because of his loyalty to The Family and Rahul can't even attend his farewell dinner.
I think RG and his group actually blames MMS for the difficult days RG is facing... No matter how much Antonia Maino insists not to blame MMS, many in Congress do feel that MMS has been pathetic and Congress is facing rout because of this guy...

Bejan Daruwala doing some trolling ? Bejan Daruwala Tiger will beat the dog and the monkey Narendra Modi has a mount of Jupiter on his palm. Jupiter is a very powerful planet which shows popularity. Below his little finger there is a mount of mercury which denotes publicity, advertisement and image building. Below the ring finger, there's a mount of Sun which means leadership. According to Chinese Astrology, Narendra Modi is born in the year of tiger. Rahul Gandhi is born in the year of dog. Kejriwal is born in the year of monkey. Tiger will beat his competitors hands down. Narendra Modi's Moon and Mars are together. Moon is for popularity and Mars is for energy. The combination of two makes him a winning material. For all these reasons, Narendra Modi will win the game.

I think RG and his group actually blames MMS for the difficult days RG is facing... No matter how much Antonia Maino insists not to blame MMS' date=' many in Congress do feel that MMS has been pathetic and Congress is facing rout because of this guy...[/quote'] Nothing wrong in that. I mean the governance was his. The very fact that he didn't rebel against the remote control was because he was ok with it and not strong enough to fight it. I think it was a mistake to make him a PM. We lost an awesome economic and finance minister in that process. His Forte was finance, they should have kept him with it. Or may be congress wanted to appease Sikh community....who knows.

I think RG and his group actually blames MMS for the difficult days RG is facing... No matter how much Antonia Maino insists not to blame MMS' date=' many in Congress do feel that MMS has been pathetic and Congress is facing rout because of this guy...[/quote'] His mother has been the real power behind the throne and he himself has more power than MMS so it is pathetic if he or anyone else in the govt blames MMS. The only thing MMS should be blamed for is continuing in this govt - he should have quit long ago.