Thank GOD It's Friday - Your Questions Answered! :)

Aditi

Lurker:
1) California...love it or hate it?

Love it, love it, love it!! I've lived in Southern California pretty much my whole life and to be honest, I could never picture myself living anywhere else but here. Mumbai was awesome, but I don't think I can move back permanently there. Sure, there is the high bullsh*t gas prices and the horrible traffic, but ohh well, we deal. 2) In the past 5 years how many times have you changed your hairstyle? A LOT!! Dyed, re-dyed, had cherry red, blond, copper, plum highlights, had it cut shoulder length, chin-length, short layers, long layers. Right now, it's long, straight and almost waist length, but that will change soon.... 3) Your guilty pleasure?T The occasional chick flick & Reese's Peanut Butter Cups :) 4) A Mumbai speciality that you would miss most? Pav Vada, Chopsuey Dosas, Natural's Ice Cream, Kwality Frankies.....the list goes on and on and on! 5) Are women bad drivers? Are you I'm not too bad. I hate driving, but have no traffic or speeding tickets.....yet. 6) Whats one trait you wish men would had little less of? Ego Rads: Dog or cat... Total dog person. Would love to have my own one of these days (golden retriever or a beagle or adopt a mutt from the local animal shelter). Am allergic to cats and I thank my lucky stars for that...can't stand 'em! Fav shade of lipstick.... Don't wear lipstick. I swear by lipgloss....partial to the peach or light pink shades. Bad boys.... ya phir.............seedhe saadhe sharmile boys.... What girl doesn't like a bad boy? ;) Abhishek bachan or zaheer khan.... Zaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!! 'Nuff said. Kajal or eyeliner.... Jet black eyeliner. Never used kajal, except when my mom put it when I was a baby. What are the 3 things you would like to change about men.....? Just 3 things? What are the 3 things that make women superior to men? 1. Our ability to multitask 2. We're better liars 3. Our language and communication skills :D Would you rather go shopping with a girl or guy? Depends what I'm shopping for. If it's clothes, shoes, jewelry or makeup, then a girl (or a gay guy) is the obvious pick. For everything else...eBay!! What do you miss most about India? The people, the food, the festivals, the culture and the incredible diversity that can't be found anywhere else. What is the difference between resident Indian guys and NRI guys...? I'm guessing you mean the difference between ABCDs and NRIs, right? What exactly can be defined as the difference between the two groups: an accent, being able to throw a football, knowing the difference between soccer and football…..?? There is a world of a difference in the lifestyles & attitudes in general, but there are so many exceptions to the generalizations. I think it's very unfair that we're clubbed together in one category just because you were either born in India or the US. I know ABCD guys as well as NRI guys and I get along with both 'types' equally well, and what I have learned is that we share a common heritage, but very different experiences. What is the thing that most disappoints you about India? Probably the "crab mentality". The whole "If I can't have it, neither can you" attitude is just so disappointing in my eyes and I think that mentality is what is preventing a lot of progress. What is one thing that you would change about India if you could? Abolish the caste system. And maybe nuke religion too while I'm at it haha. A guy of your dream...great looker,good sense of humour.,confident ,educated,sensitive,well groomed(if you like that kind) and rich comes into your life.What is the one thing that this guy can do to totally put you off ....... That it turns out that he likes other men! One song that you would like your guy to sing to you..... That is so gay. I'll never subject the poor dude to something like that!! :haha::haha: PDA....acceptable or not? Acceptable to a point....am totally cool with the usual hand holding, hugging and kissing in public. Anything beyond that would just gross me out tho lol Your alltime favorite six.... That humongous one Ganguly smacked off Murali's bowling in the 1999 WC vs SL at Taunton. zXJXIala4lU Close second are the amazing sixes Sehwag & Sachin hit off Shoaib's bowling in the 2003 India vs Pak WC game. Your all time fav India victory.... Any victory against Pakistan! muhahahah Which team do you like better...Australia ...or Pakistan? Pakistan....when they're not playing India of course! Any other sport you follow? Tennis, NBA, Soccer & just started following college football. But they all pale in comparison to my love for cricket. Holy: How do you like your new toy.I'm loving it so far :) I haven't experienced any glitches or anything yet (guess I gotta wait for a while for that to happen). I especially love the part where I can be on the internet anytime, anyplace! Blue Billion: (1) You got a boyfriend or are you a loner? I'm currently dating a gay guy. It's going really well :)(2) Hobbies ? The usual crap - drawing, painting, music, watching movies, hanging out with friends & family, bumming around on the net, ICF...yada, yada, yada (3) What is ur idea of FUN ? Hanging out with my friends and family in a fun place doing fun stuff. I hope that is a clear enough answer :) (4) Ur gr8test regret ? Don't have any. (5) Hollywood or Bollywood (or any other WOOD ??? ) Hollywood! Bollywood really needs to step it up now. (6) Do u smoke ? I did occasionally (while clubbing/pubbing) for a few years. When I started craving cigs during the daytime, that's when I decided to quit whatever little i did. Haven't had a smoke in a good couple of years. (7) Saree / Chudidhar / Jean / Mini Skirt ? Jeans and tshirt girl. But I like wearing skirts and as for sarees...they are just plain sexy. (8) If u were given a chance to remove one BATSMAN from our team who wud it be ??? Ganguly...based on his running between the wickets alone lol (9) U r fav movie and why ? Way WAY too many movies to pick a favorite!! But if I absolutely must: Hollywood : Oceans Eleven - George Clooney, Brad Pitt AND Matt Damon! In one movie! Doesn't get any better than this!! Bollywood: Dil Chahta Hai - Just such a terrific story and so well made.. (10) What wud u do if u win a million USD ??? Take a trip around the world! And buy an awesome car! Edit : (11) If u were to DATE a PAK cricketer who wud it be ??? Hahahaha I'd rather date Aggy than date any of the guys on the Pak team!! Shwetabh: 1. How much does Naz pay you to advertise their theater at ICF? Ask Varun. He's probably got a season pass to the place. 2. Which is worst - LA traffic, Bombay traffic, or someone disturbing your siesta in flights? Definitely some dumbass waking me up in a plane. That is a suicide mission. 3. Have you ever thought of moving to the bay area? Many many times. I absolutely love the Bay Area and spent a lot of time there especially when my brother was doing his undergrad at Cal and still visit him in Mountain View quite often. Applied for jobs there and wanted to do my MBA from San Jose State last year but that didn't quite work out and wound up getting a job in LA. If given the chance, I'd drop everything and move there in a heartbeat. 4. Your favorite outdoor activity? Mostly typical Southern Californian stuff - going to the beach and Disneyland!! Love walking and hiking as well. And of course, playing cricket. Cricketics: 1.Best place to live in usa.. acc to u? California!! Never lived in any other state, so yeah. 2. Cricket or Kho Kho.. Kho Kho. No, I'm serious! 3. Balaji telifilmz or Karan Johar movies. Stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. I guess Karan Johar's SRK-infested candyfloss sobfests are slightly more tolerable than those awful soaps. 4. Dandiya or Disco? Disco dandiya, beeyatch!! Yes, there IS such a thing! Coffee: You have confessed about having a crush on Afridi. Why? How and HTF? Yaar, I was only 16! It was way back in 1996 and he was probably the only cute looking cricketer around in those days, plus an exciting batsman to boot. So yeah, instant crush hehe. But now he's just AFRETARD GIB: 1. would you try drugs...even if only once...? Hell no!! I stay far far away from that sh*t. Messes you up permanently. 2. what would you prefer..a night in a Rain forest camp..or in a desert camp..or at the base camp of siachin..? I'd prefer the rainforest. Not too hot, not too cold and rain is no biggie :) 3. Sachin's cover Drive or Dravid's back foot cut shot or Sehwag's stand and deliver six or Pathan's inswinging yourker ? All of the above! 4. Rajni Kant, kamala Hasan or Amitabh...The Biggest Superstar of INDIAN Cinema?Given that I've never seen a Rajnikant or Kamal Hasan movie, Amitabh wins by default lol 5. Chicken or Mutton dishes..? I prefer chicken. Red meat is not kind to my poor tummy. Rajeev: 1) One choice - Mumbai or Cali Ahh boo...I knew this would come from you lol....Much as I love Mumbai, California is home. 2) Marriage - Would you prefer a gujju/jain or anyone As long as the dude is Indian, it's all good in the 'hood. 3) How bad is your driving ( In Mumbai and Cali) Ref. to my answer for the same question asked by Lurks :) 4) Fav Cocktail Margharitas!! Mojitos come a close second.. 5) Is it really the cricket, or you enjoy the company of folks who talk about the sport My passion for cricket is what brought me here. Finding awesome like-minded individuals is what made me stay. 6) Ever been on a blind date, if yes? what was the experience like Yup, was set up with some guy by a cousin of mine a few months ago. Decided to meet up at the Starbucks near my house. It was over in 10 minutes. End of story. 7) Club or Pub Pub, most definitely. Especially a pub that just plays classic rock! Jaideep: Are u single ..??? Are YOU? :D Sandtest: Who given you this name?I believe it was my dad that picked the name, between that and Amrapali. You know, I always thought my name means "earth" or "mother of Gods/Aditya"....didn't know it meant what Lurks mentioned in the OP. MM: 1) When and how did your interest in cricket develop ? Back in 1996 when the World Cup was being held in the subcontinent. The hype and atmosphere was insane, especially in Mumbai, and since everyone was obsessed with it at the time, I joined the bandwagon during the India-Pak QF match. Never looked back since. 2) Favorite hobby/ pass-time ? Answering useless interview type questions ;) 3) Democrat or Republican ? I'm a registered Democrat. 4) If India and USA were to play in a cricket match , you would obviously root for India , but If India and the US were to play in a basketball match , where will your allegiances be ? USA. As I stated in a previous thread, I support the USA in all sports except cricket. 5) Best cricketing moment ? All Indian victories over Pakistan! 6) If you were given an option to date any cricketer/movie star , who would it be ? Zaheer Khan! 7) Top 5 travel destinations in the US you would prescribe. Yellowstone National Park Grand Canyon Yosemite National Park Napa Valley Maui Kabira Is this true? Its very difficult to sell to Gujjus? Everything you've heard about us is true. We may be cheap, but we're definitely not easy! :D If you have a choice, would you settle for 9-5 job or business? Currently, I'm doing both....I work M-F full time and I run a retail business on the side. As you know, sugar and entrepreneurship run in my blood, so eventually I'll just be doing my own thing. whats your native place in Gujarat? Mandvi & Bhuj in Kutch

Terrific read. Really enjoyed the following bits :

What are the 3 things you would like to change about men.....?Just 3 things?
What is one thing that you would change about India if you could? Abolish the caste system. And maybe nuke religion too while I'm at it haha.
4. Dandiya or Disco? Disco dandiya, beeyatch!! Yes, there IS such a thing!
7) Top 5 travel destinations in the US you would prescribe. Yellowstone National Park Grand Canyon Yosemite National Park Napa Valley Maui
Yosemite is over rated.:D

3. Have you ever thought of moving to the bay area? Many many times. I absolutely love the Bay Area and spent a lot of time there especially when my brother was doing his undergrad at Cal and still visit him in Mountain View quite often. Applied for jobs there and wanted to do my MBA from San Jose State last year but that didn't quite work out and wound up getting a job in LA. If given the chance, I'd drop everything and move there in a heartbeat. :two_thumbs_up: Edit : (11) If u were to DATE a PAK cricketer who wud it be ??? Hahahaha I'd rather date Aggy than date any of the guys on the Pak team!! :hysterical:

Nice answers... >>>I'm guessing you mean the difference between ABCDs and NRIs, right? nah ...I meant Indians residing in India like Sandeep....and NRI s like Sriram...par koi baat nahi.... :D
NO NO NO. I vehemently and forcefully oppose being called an NRI. I am like a tourist who is doing a degree. Do you call a tourist a NRI ? Even my orkut profile still says - Male , Chennai, India. Never changed that. ! :isalute:

NO NO NO. I vehemently and forcefully oppose being called an NRI. I am like a tourist who is doing a degree. Do you call a tourist a NRI ? Even my orkut profile still says - Male , Chennai, India. Never changed that. ! :isalute:
Will the tour be wrapping up anytime soon? :D

Will the tour be wrapping up anytime soon? :D
I know its an extended stay for a tourist, but i shall get the fck out of this place ASAP. I know you are thiking - " Well , thats what everyone says when they first come here", still i shall write my " Farewell to America" post in this very same board ! :D