how can you stop this?

kabira

Nagraj Gollapudi has lost it..this is normal, just for fun..I am sure same people will treat Symonds well and would like his autograph. The crowd was there to enjoy and they shelled out quite a lot..so why should this be stopped "There was no shortage of inexpletives from the crowd: ringing loud were "Inky, pinky, ponky, Symonds is a donkey" and "aey, o, aey, o, Symonds sucks". Every move Symonds made got a 'booing' reception and he was welcomed to the bowling crease with "Simon, go back". This was not the first-time the notorious Mumbai crowds have shown their ugly side and irrespective of the motive, needs to be shunned at all costs."

I think we should give Symonds the benefit of the doubt here. As he himself has said , he merely answered to questions that were posed at him reg monky chants and stuff. That got blown up in the media, the public caught on with it and we all what has happened. This incident does highlight one thing though - The cricketing public in India are increasingly getting to access to print and visual media and even better are using them more than ever. Hope they use this cricket knowledge for better purposes next time. We definitely owe an apology to Symonds for they he has been treated sometimes. Some are saying - " Well , the Aussies arent exactly saints themselves" . But thats not the point is it ? We need to treat every cricketer who come and play cricket in our country with respect. No one should leave our shores with bad memories. I hope Symonds comes back to India sometime soon and has a much more pleasant experience.

I think we should give Symonds the benefit of the doubt here. As he himself has said , he merely answered to questions that were posed at him reg monky chants and stuff. That got blown up in the media, the public caught on with it and we all what has happened. This incident does highlight one thing though - The cricketing public in India are increasingly getting to access to print and visual media and even better are using them more than ever. Hope they use this cricket knowledge for better purposes next time. We definitely owe an apology to Symonds for they he has been treated sometimes. Some are saying - " Well , the Aussies arent exactly saints themselves" . But thats not the point is it ? We need to treat every cricketer who come and play cricket in our country with respect. No one should leave our shores with bad memories. I hope Symonds comes back to India sometime soon and has a much more pleasant experience.
I agree in parts. I agree that symonds should be given the benefit of doubt with regard to " the racism propaganda." But it would be unfair to expect a crowd of 20,000 to get up and applaud for every cricketer and every shot he plays. Taunting players happens a lot, and players in turn too vent out their feelings to the crowd.Foremost in my mind is Javed Miandad. He plays more with the crowd than with the people in the middle. Its upto the players to not care about this and go on and play their natural game. You cannot expect a crowd of 20,000 to be all refined and suave.
You don't. I think that's one of the problems because for issues such as these there should be no personal attachment. When dealing with such a large group of people there will inevitably be some fruit cakes who will behave in an irrational manner.So by using the words like "we" a totally independent person like you is taking responsibility for the stupidity of others- in this particular you were brave enough to admit THEIR flaws but a lot of other people will be looking to sweep this issue under the carpet just because the word "we" is used.

Well said MP! "We" need not be apologetic, but at the same time, authorities must tighten up against any racial slurs and book these fellows like they did in Mumbai. However, just general ""Simon, go back" chants cannot be prevented. You cannot prevent folks from all chanting, but atleast the racial ones need to be dealt with by arresting them for indecent behavior. When India go to Aus, there is just gonna be a volley of racial abuses our players are going to face this time.

"There was no shortage of inexpletives from the crowd: ringing loud were "Inky' date=' pinky, ponky, Symonds is a donkey" and "aey, o, aey, o, Symonds sucks". Every move Symonds made got a 'booing' reception and he was welcomed to the bowling crease with "Simon, go back". This was not the first-time the notorious Mumbai crowds have shown their ugly side and irrespective of the motive, needs to be shunned at all costs."[/quote'] LOL. Booing a player and singing chants like those childish ones mentioned don't count as "expletives". Nagraj is just a typical old-skool Indian who needs to get his head of his @ss. Come to a baseball game here, and listen to crowd - then you will get an idea of what real expletives are. If Symonds or any of the Aussies were offended by Inky pinky whatever than they have proven themselves to be p*ssies of the highest order. I'd laugh at stuff like that. Hell, i remember when the South Africans played an ODI at Mumbai in 2005 - every time Graeme Smith bent over at slip to watch the ball, the crowd would chant "*******, *******". Instead of b*tching about it, he just laughed. Indian crowds are the best cricket crowds in the world - they always appreciate good cricket and create the liveliest atmosphere no matter where they are. This old f@rt Nagraj needs to lighten the hell up.
LOL. Booing a player and singing chants like those childish ones mentioned don't count as "expletives". Nagraj is just a typical old-skool Indian who needs to get his head of his @ss. Come to a baseball game here, and listen to crowd - then you will get an idea of what real expletives are. If Symonds or any of the Aussies were offended by Inky pinky whatever than they have proven themselves to be p*ssies of the highest order. I'd laugh at stuff like that. Hell, i remember when the South Africans played an ODI at Mumbai in 2005 - every time Graeme Smith bent over at slip to watch the ball, the crowd would chant "*******, *******". Instead of b*tching about it, he just laughed. Indian crowds are the best cricket crowds in the world - they always appreciate good cricket and create the liveliest atmosphere no matter where they are. This old f@rt Nagraj needs to lighten the hell up.
True dat!