Varun Aaron in the ODIs

G_B_

didn't he play in SL series after that where picked up wickets.a 5fer too IIRC. got injured after that
Yes , he did pick a five fer.He was outstanding in that series and some other series too.This attack are even struggling to win one match for us, whereas he played a major part in winning few series in his career, not just matches.
But at least he performed excellently in most of his series on comeback.Better than this pack.
Yes, he should be in the team in these conditions instead of playing 2 spinners, we can play 4 seamers and he is handy with the bat too, but he has never been fit after getting injured, so it is not anybody's fault that he is not here. A seaming alrounder is what we need in these conditions. Ashwin as a bowler has been useless.
who'd that be?
Well its clearly not dhoni is it. So until you untrust another skipper you wont know. You cant just mainatain status quo cos you scared to give someone a go. Otherwise no team would ever change a cpatain for fear of unknown I would back kohli to do a much better job He will be more aggressive and expect them from the team and its bowlers
Well its clearly not dhoni is it. So until you untrust another skipper you wont know. You cant just mainatain status quo cos you scared to give someone a go. Otherwise no team would ever change a cpatain for fear of unknown I would back kohli to do a much better job He will be more aggressive and expect them from the team and its bowlers
The logical decision would be to try a new captain like Kohli. Dhoni is looking tired. Even for his sake, he should be given a break. The team management needs a fresh start.
Virat looked poor in IPL to me.starts MC BC ing the bowlers when things go bad.backs Vinay,RP over Pankaj Singh too. can try him but can't take a risk with his batting imo.
Aaron bowled more accurately today. Was quicker too. Moved the ball a bit. If he can cut out the boundary balls ' date=' which comes with more practice, he can be a decent bowler.[/quote'] yeah looked good mostly.can bowl a bit straighter though
yeah looked good mostly.can bowl a bit straighter though
This is big problem. Either we bowl too straight or too wide outside off. Bowling straight is not right idea. Bowlers need to target Dhoni's gloves on 4th and 5th stump, hitting the good length area. Bowling straight means, they pick too many singles just nudging the ball. It works on slow and low bouncy tracks, but on bouncier tracks with a bit of a movement, they should bowl on 4th and 5th stump line on good length and target Dhoni's gloves. It will force batsmen to play outside off and hence more chances of getting edges to slips and WK. Southee and Mills do this so successfully.
This is big problem. Either we bowl too straight or too wide outside off. Bowling straight is not right idea. Bowlers need to target Dhoni's gloves on 4th and 5th stump' date=' hitting the good length area. Bowling straight means, they pick too many singles just nudging the ball. It works on slow and low bouncy tracks, but on bouncier tracks with a bit of a movement, they should bowl on 4th and 5th stump line on good length and target Dhoni's gloves. It will force batsmen to play outside off and hence more chances of getting edges to slips and WK. Southee and Mills do this so successfully.[/quote'] I meant targetting 4th stump only.not on the pads obviously Aaron bowls bit wider than that
I meant targetting 4th stump only.not on the pads obviously Aaron bowls bit wider than that
Our bowlers bowl mostly on the stumps and target LBW and bowled. While they should mostly bowl on 4th and 5th stump targeting Dhoni with surprise deliveries coming on stumps.
Our bowlers bowl mostly on the stumps and target LBW and bowled. While they should mostly bowl on 4th and 5th stump targeting Dhoni with surprise deliveries coming on stumps.
yeah even Shami seems to bowl like that.effect of bowling in India where you have to bowl straight
Even against England. His last game against WI was poor in which he suffered that back injury.
i am not saying he is inaccurate bowler but accuracy is judged over longer period of time imo from what i have seen he will be fairly accurate for his pace ..no complaints there and showed tons of potential today and will probably retain his place i am having a feeling dhoni wont captain in t20 so lets see how he goes